Blair Oliver & scott (Halifax)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/144193-hi-everyone.html

Hi

As advised i have started a new thread for each debt that i have. I have attached a copy of my copy of the agreement that i had from halifax when i signed up for the loan, but i don't have a copy of the one that i have signed.

I have a default on this account that was registered on 20/10/2005 and my current balance is 8,067.00 as of 13.4.08 according to my credit report.

My partner has just looked at the agreement and noticed that i took out a loan protection payment insurance. And he thinks that someone should have gone through this with me at the time of going into debt management as i was then on the sick. So this should have taken care of the outstanding payments. I don't know where i stand in this as Eurodebt didn't say anything to me about the insurance paying and neither did halifax contact me, so i am not sure whether anyone is at fault for this or not. I feel that eurodebt caused me a lot of problems and didn't handle my debt very well at all. would i be right in this?

My partner spoke on the phone this morning to BOS and asked about the default and the person that he spoke to has offered to fax halifax today and request a complete financial statement from the begining of the loan up until present.

Also would this effect me getting a Copy of my Credit agreement?

My partner has also contacted eurodebt and requested my complete case file and records of all my financial dealings with them and my creditiors. As i had to send all correspondance from my creditors to them. They responded that they will be able to send copies of the origianl documents but not the original documents themselves as they would have been destroyed subject to the data protection act. Is this correct?

For anyone else out there considering debt management, please do not go to eurodebt. They charged me nearly 2,000 which they urged me to take out from a credit card at a atm machine, and that i only had a week to do this as the creditors put into debt in the first place then they should pay for my debt management. Only i'm paying and going through the stress of this now. On top of this they take a management fee every month whilst the minimum of your payment goes to the creditors.

This is a link to the bbc investigating Eurodebt.

Government firm sells private details | This is Money

So please do not go with this company.

So if anyone can help me with the above it would be a great help, thank you

I have amended my agreement, also the signature at the bottom is not mine. Sorry for the confusion.

Stardust215:smile:

halifax 2.pdf

Edited by stardust215
Pdf Removed. Account number visible to all.

Hi Stardust,

I am in a similar situation with my halifax loan which has been passed to Blair Oliver and Scott. I am currently paying them £75 per month and owe just over £4000. They have told me I can settle the loan for £3500 but if I had that kind of money I wouldnt need to be on reduced payments.

I contacted Halifax and requested all info they had with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and also sent a CCA request to BOS as I am in the process of claiming mis-sold PPI.

This is the thread:

subscribed.gifHalifax Loan PPI

I have posted on there a copy of the agreement they sent to me and at the moment I am waiting for them to get back to me with a decision on the PPI but I think I know what the answer will be:rolleyes: Not a chance!!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Eurodebt, they are supposed to help those in debt but they only make it worse. I'm so glad I found this site when I did cos it has helped me sort out my debts with the great advice I've received.

You should start the process of asking for all your info with a SAR. Theres a letter in this thread which I used:

Full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for ppi

and also send a CCA request to BOS:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

You will need letter N. The CCA costs £1 (use a postal order) and its £10 for a SAR.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Penny:)

Hi Penny

Thank you for your reply and your help. After i read your thread a thought occured to me that people who have personal loans and have ppi on them and are either paying reduced payments or token payments which makes the ppi no longer valid (i may be wrong) yet they still have to pay the insurance debt. I think that is wrong. Only my opinion though.

Anyway, at the moment BOS have said that they are giving me a full fiancial statement and they have said nothing about paying. My o/h just rang them on my behalf and queried them about why a default was put on my account in 2005 and i had been paying reduced payments since 2003. So they were nice on the phone to him. They said it was going to take a couple of weeks to come through. So i will wait and see.

What my o/h wants to know is this:-

I went on the sick from my job with sick notes etc in 2003 and was still making full payments to all my creditors. When the company i was with asked me to make a descion i had to hand in my notice and then went on to incapacity benefit, which meant that i couldn't afford to make my full payments, i was really bad with depression so a friend recommended to my sister about eurodebt and thought that this would be the answer for me, i was really bad and vunerable and i didn't know any better, if only i knew what i know now.

Well this man came out from eurodebt and talked the talked and what did it for me is they said they would take on the whole of my debt i would not have to deal with anything as they would deal with phone calls, letters the lot. They then said about the cost of about £2000 and i still went with them, because i couldn't deal with the debt and the embarresment i had always paid my way. Anyway they took all my paperwork, and off they went.

What my o/h wants to know is why did eurodebt not pull in the ppi as that's what is was there for and it would have paid off the loan by now, or why did halifax not notify me either as i had gone on the sick and couldn't afford my payments. He feels that eurodebt made my debt worse because they made late payments in 2005 which caused a default on all my debt and they really should have done more for the money that they were being paid. I really don't know where i stand with that or even if he is right. So he has been given a number of a law firm in bristol by the financial ombudsman as they feel that there could possibly be a case.

I am now waiting for everything to come back from eurodebt, and from BOS and then i am going to ask for a cca. But i really am angry at these people because what is the point in paying for protection when they don't communicate with you telling you that you can bring it in to force. My state of mind was such that at the time the ppi didn't register and since eurodebt went off with all my paperwork and i give anything another thought i was glad someone was taking the problem away from me. So maybe i was to blame i don't know. I can still be angry though.

So i will keep you posted as to what happens next.

Thanks again it's good to know that there is someone to talk to out there and you are not on your own. Things don't seem so scary at the moment but that's not to say they won't get scary, because the deeper you go the worse they react and that's the scary bit for me. So thank you again

Stardust:)

Hi Stardust,

If I was you I would definately look into reporting Eurodebt, when you pay someone that much money you expect them to do what they say they will. They know that people using their services are desperate and when they say they are going to take care of everything people believe them unfortunately.

As for the PPI, I thought the same thing as you, also the amount of the PPI is added to the total of the loan so even after you have been paying it for ages the amount you owe doesnt seem to come down much. I borrowed £9000 originaly and after paying it for a couple of years on full monthly payments I decided to ask for a settlement figure (back in the days before my huge debt problems, ahh those were the days:rolleyes:) and I still owed over £8000 :o, so after a couple of years of paying over £200 per month I had hardly paid anything off the original loan. Needless to say I didnt pay it off and am still stuck with it but I shall push on with the PPI claim and try to get rid.

Try not to worry about them too much :razz:

Penny:)