BBQ, Gas or Charcoal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What ya think is the best?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Sorry Pete !!

It has to be gas, by the time I've got the charcoal lit, it's started to rain :eek:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Charcoal every time - and not those crappy brickettes/briquettes...they go all yellow and make yellow smoke...get yer best lumpwood charcoal...it is a better burn, a better effect, and if you have an outdoor "fire" such as a brazier type thingy, it looks so much better...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Health benefits? I have never heard of exploding charcoal...but gas does pose that danger...and a gas cylinder near a hot barbecue...well, that is asking for trouble...

Do it the old rustic way...you can even make your own charcoal if you are that way inclined...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What you do is prepare for all weather and use the charcoal BBQ in the kitchen.

Me and the smoke alarm can get in enough trouble as it is !! :p

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well.. I'm split.

Charcoal tastes better although has health implications.

Gas is much faster but not as authentic (imho)

You eat Charcoal? :eek:

Health implications are it gets stuck in your throat Sequenci . . .:D

I prefer the Charcoal Barbecue. It gives a nice warm glow when you have finished cooking, or cremating chicken. I like to toast Marshmellows over the Barbecue as well.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

To be honest, as per my last birthday, it has to be a pig on a spit (super-pimped)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

What happened to charcoal and petrol / turps being chucked over it every now and again?

This is why you should always use the correct materials for starting up a Barbecue:

Married couple fighting for lives after family barbecue explodes into a fireball | the Daily Mail

Be Safe you lot . . . . :)

WARNING TO ALL

GOT to be lumpwood charcoal.

I have found that the briquettes burn too quickly and it is very difficult to successfully feed more in to keep the BBQ going, also the hot bits very quickly disappear into the thick layer of ash that they produce. On the other hand, lumpwood can be added without any problem.

Lumpwood is cheaper than the briquettes.

I like to throw a few herbs on to the coals, or a handfull of wet hickory or apple-wood chips to give a real smokey flavour.

Difficult to do that with a gas-ring!

Gas is much faster but not as authentic (imho)

Charcoal is supposed to be good for the digestion.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Well.. I'm split.

I think Sequenci is referring to the medical studies from Japan where the BBQ is a major cooking appliance all year round.

From memory, these show the incidence of cancer due to ingestion of carcinogenic carbons from food are much higher than in other non BBQing countries HOWEVER they also show the incidence of saturated fat diseases are much lower because this is largely burned from the meat in the cooking process.

I think a little less fat will do us all good :)

HOWEVER they also show the incidence of saturated fat diseases are much lower because this is largely burned from the meat in the cooking process.

So cooking on charcoal, reduces the fat content........ told you that charcoal was good for the digestion. :D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I can concur - my mother incinerated everything she ever cooked and we never had upset stomachs as kids.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You had a Barbecue when you were a kid? :eek:

I never had one until i was 25 . . .

WARNING TO ALL

It certainly smelled like it whenever you walked into my mothers kitchen.

Charcoal without a doubt.

I have a charcoal one, my sister and mum both have a gas one.

The gas one is easier, without a doubt, but it takes away a man's primal instinct to light fires! ;-)

Bugger throwing petrol on it though - I've seen that nearly go bad on many an occasion. The easier (and safer) way is to use a hair dryer on it. Turns the coals white in no time.

Usually we use those 'light in a bag' ones just to get it going (they're soaked in parrafin so they burn far too quickly), then add lumpwood.

Also, chicken is a bit funny, so we always microwave it first so it's cooked right through, then put it on the bbq to add the bbq taste.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I like to throw a few herbs on to the coals, or a handfull of wet hickory or apple-wood chips to give a real smokey flavour.

Difficult to do that with a gas-ring!

Oh yes...snap off a few stalks of Rosemary from the garden...the charcoal doesn't incinerate it as you would expect, and the smell is great late at night...and it also keeps all the midges and mozzies away...