6 Years Statments Available on Line

RSM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read a lot of posts which state that HSBC have 40 days to send statements under the DPA. If you register for online banking with HSBC you can view and print statements dating back 6 years. As a result I know exactly how much I will be claiming and I won't be fobbed off for 40 days. :D:D

PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD, YOU'RE HIJACKING SOMEONES ELSE'S.

Hi,

Following the exposure of Bank Action Group through the MSE site this week, I have decided to give it a go myself.

I am an HSBC customer, Adam.

To see the steps I took to recover unfair bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please note, had you read through previous posts of the HSBC section, or even looked at the titles, you would notice that the 'all HSBC statements are free online' comment has been posted numerous times already.

the 40 days under the DPA does work, but in my opinion 40 days in a long time to wait, I got my statements free and online in a few hours. It does depend on your personal situation and preferences.

I have read a lot of posts which state that HSBC have 40 days to send statements under the DPA. If you register for online banking with HSBC you can view and print statements dating back 6 years. As a result I know exactly how much I will be claiming and I won't be fobbed off for 40 days. :D:D

The purpose of making a request under the DPA is, apart from getting copy statements, that you ask for details of manual intervention in these charges.

"Manual Intervention" seems to be the banks latest excuse for high charges.

Use the specimen letter in the library.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

It seems to be the etiquette of this forum, please respect that.

In this case, IMO, there is no problem, but if it is a thread about someone's case going further, then it would be a problem.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Most of the users here get direct assistance and oversight from the organisers and owners of the forum.

It creates considerable extra effort to have to disentwine concurrent stories which are proceeding within the same thread. It also makes it difficult for the thread-owner to understand whether advice which is being given relates to their problem or the problem of the hijacker.

Others who are attempting to follow a thread are also more likely to become confused.

If you feel that you are unable to accept the custom and practice of this forum then you might find http://www.bankchargeshell.co.uk more to your liking.

Hi Bank Fodder,

Clearly the forum is moderated as my previous two posts have now disappeared.

I can fully understand and accept the customs, and your explanation that some threads are effectively two-way conversations clarifies a point and is understandable.

In the future I will create my own threads whenever I wish to post, and will refrain from replying to other threads, even when my reply would be clearly relevant, as I believed to be the case here. I do not wish to see huge, bold, red comments again.

Regards,

Adam.

To see the steps I took to recover unfair bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD, YOU'RE HIJACKING SOMEONES ELSE'S.

Hi,

Following the exposure of Bank Action Group through the MSE site this week, I have decided to give it a go myself.

I am an HSBC customer, Adam.

Where is this other highjacked thread ?

IT IS MINE !!!!!!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks