RedV vs LloydsTSB/Apex and MHV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wooeeee I have been fast tracked from initial yellow card to 'final notice of intent in 11 days - although I only found final letter of intent today

The final letter of intent claims that within those 11 days they have sent numerous letters

It also lists a number of possible scary outcomes if they take me to court and win - (now don't **** do all of Llods legal works so if they are saying that their client has authorised them to do this - aren't they lying?)

Anyway the option they seem to have missed out is the court setting the payment level and me having to keep that - they just told me about the attachment of earnings - erm I am a temp and Baliffs and Charging orders whic according to them will prohibit the sale of property - not that I own any

As its is dated the 11th and I only discovered it today I might as well ignore it as they wanted payment immediately so its not worth replying even if I wanted to :rolleyes:

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So without even a little fight - given the crap they have given me for months Lloyds have capitulated at the first contact form the FOS they are making an offer to settle the PPI claim - I just dont know what it is yet

Edited by RedVixen
missed some stuff out

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

HIYA redvixen

hope you are okay with all this, just found this thread and am subbing going to read from start to end later and may need some help

got these apex onto me now after lloyds sent a very unclear cca but im chasing up my sars now still waiting,,,,

hmme, good luck in your journey

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

So having spoken to the FOS as far as they are concerned lloyds have agreed to settle the whole complaint which means they owe me all PPI premiums since 1998 plus stat interest which I think should clear this debt

The PPI Saga

Ta Lexis - they are sods - they have been obstructive all the way - first sign form FOS and they roll over although I won't beleive it until teh money has changed hands - LLoyds are supposed to calculate the refund but it looks like I can challenge it with the backing of the FOS provided I work my calculations around the FOS model - the PPI premiums form 1998 are small but with 10 years of 8% interest on them now

The PPI Saga

• 3 months later...

Right so I have had my figures back from Lloyds regarding the PPI refund and I am happy with the ammounts quoted :)

That letter was dated 7th October and refund due on just the current Loan is 1K more than the balance cheque should be on its way next week

Today I get a letter dated 13th October from AIC demanding immediate payment of the whole ammount of the loan :rolleyes:

The PPI Saga

The cheque has arrived and they haven't taken the balances owing on the loan and credit card

So I am about to write a full and final offer letter to AIC for the loan and to Lloyds collections for the credit card since as far as I know it is still in collections

Any advice on this - I mean if I state and amount and send a cheque for that amount can I state that cashing it will be deemed to be acceptance of the full and final offer??

The PPI Saga

I am now a bit confused having read the offer there is this line

I have recalculated the settlement balance that would have been on loan 5 at the date of cancellation. The figure of £4032 will also be credited to your account along with 8% simple interest payment of £327.47

now if AIC are chasing 6.4K and LLoyds have just given me the £4032 as the settlement figure does that mean they think I don't owe them anything or does it mean I just owe them the settlement figure at the time of calculation which is the just over 4K one, In which case why give it to me in order for me to give it back

Incidentally the total cheque amount is much much more than this so the £4032 is perfectly acceptable to me as a settlement figure

Edited by RedVixen
typos

The PPI Saga

Would you be better off challenging it, or paying it?

I know people who have paid up settlement sums, only to be chased later on for the remainder which had been sold on.

Lloyds might sell the remaining £2,000+ on to some other bunch of gimps.

If your not happy with the agreement, then dispute it.

As for the full and final, I have had a few off Lloyds for the same account. I don`t think it means anything really. They could cash it and then write to you telling you they accept it as part payment.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

The new settlement figure has been calculated by Lloyds after they rejigged everything to account for refinancing on lower amounts across a series of 5 loans - it isn't a settlement figure that AIC has suggested

On this basis I don't see how they could chase the extra if I pay the lower ammount. I am just a bit bemused as to why they have given me the money when if its a settlement figure its surely what I owe them. So I was wondering if I actually owe them anything anymore

I should point out the PPI refund was just short of 12K so repaying just over 4K of it still leaves me in a good position

I think I am going to keep quiet for a short while and see what happens. I have no problems paying back what I actually owe

The PPI Saga

• 1 month later...

Well the account has now been passed onto Robbers way

Now after rereading the offer letter for the PPI it clearly states that 4K had been credited to me (on top of the PPI refund) as settlement for the loan. This clearly suggests to me that there can not be any debt anymore otherwise why are they paying me to settle the loan

Now this could be a mistake but I would like to see them explain to a judge how an mistake like that slipped through the net when it took them 12 weeks to sort it out.

I am wondering if this is just classic Lloyds suffering from internal communications balls up again

My calculations which may be a bit out tell me that the ammount they are chasing is way high even in the worst case scenario anyway as it does not take into consideration the removal of the PPI policy and associated interest payments and so on

I ended up spending most of the refund on mortgage arrears and council tax arrears - just in time as it happens as I had received court papers for the mortgage and was getting bailiffs letters for both council tax accounts

Still did some nice stuff as well. :)

The PPI Saga

Glad to hear that something good has come out of all this mess.

Is it worth sending an email to the CEO asking if he could explain the actions of his so called reputable bank? It sometimes gets things done, especially as you are now in a much stronger position.

Oh why not I might send him scans of the original complaint letter detailing the falsified entries on my contact record as well just for the hell of it

The PPI Saga

• 7 months later...

Just an update - I got a few letters of Robbers Way which I ignored, the last one was the 'What have we done wrong letter' becasue we were such good friends at one point.

It is now with Credit Security whgo for the first time are chasing as the first line nominated company rather than it being subbed out via another DCA

I have til the 2nd August to pay up otherwise they WILL (note no maybe's here) instigate legal action at Aylebury court.

They also claim that any judgement given will be inforced via a court baliff - now surely that only happens if you don't keep up payments ona CCJ

Let them - lloyds have failed to address some behaviour of their sales guy which is outrageous so I would be happy for a judge to rule on it.

However I have never heard of anyone other than **** taking legal action on Lloyds behalf - has anyone else

Besides I still have the letter which says they had to pay me to settle the loan so they can explain why they are chasing a non existant loan. Time lloyds elbow started talling its arse what going on

The PPI Saga

Well I got home yesterday to a rent a solicitors headed paper letter again threatening legal action within 7 days this time - same printer same template same stuff in big letters - I wish they would hurry up and get on with it

The PPI Saga

Hi RV,

I`ve forgot where your upto with these lot. I`ve been busy decorating (still) lately).

You could just send the solicitor an account in dispute letter, I`m sure you have one kicking about?

If he has any sense he will pass the disputed account back to the empty heads at Robbers Way.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Ah robbersway haven't bought it its just Lloyds farming it out again - I am waiting til I get something off ****

I am long past getting worried about DCA wallpaper

I think its time someone talked to the legal ombudsman (unless he has a few teeth as teh financial one) to look into the rent a headed paper racket as the solicitors are allowing their name to be used to intimidate people - sometimes the wrong people - surely breaching the malicious communications act

The PPI Saga

Hi RV:)

How are you doing?

I've also just been passed by LTSB to Credit Security (although mine was previously with Moorcroft) - the first letter from CS arrived today, so will expect the solicitor's letter in the next few days :rolleyes:

Mine is regarding an o/d comprised of charges - I've just sent a CCA request to Lloyds for this to waste a bit more time, so will be interesting to see how they respond..........

In answer to your query re: solicitors other than **** taking legal action on behalf of Lloyds, there is a thread entitled 'Brian Carter started court action despite case against Lloyds stayed' started by Cag user 'bluedannyw' (sorry RV, I still can't do a link I'm afraid!) in which BC started court action on behalf of Phoenix Recoveries DCA for LTSB - but this was for n o/d, not a loan.

I believe the latest is that BC/Phoenix have offered to discontinue presumably because the claim is sub-judice, there already being a bank charges claim stayed in the court systen for the same account.

Take care,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi Landy - ggod to see you - i am not online at home so have been quiet but have just discovered the free access at my local library

I got a significant discount letter off CCS before they threatened court action so you should et that one first

I can't help wondering if some of these DCA are acting without getting permission from some of their clients since its so automated

The PPI Saga

Ah robbersway haven't bought it its just Lloyds farming it out again - I am waiting til I get something off ****

I am long past getting worried about DCA wallpaper

I think its time someone talked to the legal ombudsman (unless he has a few teeth as teh financial one) to look into the rent a headed paper racket as the solicitors are allowing their name to be used to intimidate people - sometimes the wrong people - surely breaching the malicious communications act

I thought this when I got the same from Nelson Guest on behalf of Wescot on an unenforceable account with dodgy default and consequent termination, plus charges that equal more than the balance.

I posted this on my thread, but I'll stick it here as I think it's worth a pop.

Very interesting...

Phoned again today and got reception, explained the issue and was told I'd be put through to the legal dept, only to be put through to Wescot's legal dept. So, I promptly hung up, redialled and explained that no, that's not what I wanted and could I speak to someone there. Was told a manager would phone back.

phone call a few mins later from a lady apparently from NG rather than W (still a little nagging doubt that it was still a W employee though...). Anyway, I explained to her in short form what was going on, and that I was very concerned they did not do background checks when sending legal threats out. Same answer that everyone seems to give, ie 'we are told xy and z and we have no reason to doubt it'. It seems to be a cover-all excuse that one.

Also found out that the letters are processed by them, but that they do use W envelopes so that responses are sent to them not NG - she was at great pains to make sure I knew there was nothing fishy in that respect.

We actually had a bit of a chat about various practices of banks/DCA's, and she said what we all know that it's phenomenally hard to make the banks listen, and until they do they will send out our accounts to dca's and hope that one of them will work.

End result is that she will contact W and tell them that they recommend it's passed back to BOS and that BOS are advised by W of the reasons for it's return.

Here's hoping eh?

Oh, one last thing - W are apparently the only DCA they deal with, so my suggestion to anyone in the same situation would be to ring NG and complain if you have a legitimate reason to. Maybe they'll decide it's more trouble than it's worth!

This was a couple of weeks ago and to date nothing more has arrived from either party. I do wonder if perhaps we all phone our particular rent-a-sol and ask them to explain themselves whether it might help in the long run?...

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi Landy - ggod to see you - i am not online at home so have been quiet but have just discovered the free access at my local library

I got a significant discount letter off CCS before they threatened court action so you should et that one first

I can't help wondering if some of these DCA are acting without getting permission from some of their clients since its so automated

Hi RV:)

Glad you're ok and managing to keep up with things online via the library - it's amazing how much we've all come to rely upon internet access - only 6 years ago I couldn't even switch a computer on :eek:

Thanks for the heads up on Credit Security - have just sent them a 'bemused' letter so will see how that pans out!

Take care,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Landy

Lexis If they are trying to explain themselves then they no they are on dodgy ground. I might write a query on teh rent a headed paper things at teh moment I think I have had threats from 7 or 8 solicitors and then accounts have been returned to OCs

Well despite CSl supposed to be starting legal action starting if I didn't pay up by 12.00 noon on the second of August (they seem to think being THAT specific was scary) I got another letter threatening the same thing within 7 days different words and they put 'notice of intent' on top of it. I wish they would just get on with it or send it back to Lloyds.

Edited by RedVixen
getting mixed up

The PPI Saga

Hi RV,

Pleased to see you're still keeping on top of things with our mutual friends LTSB!

After sending CSL the 'bemused' letter they gave up on mine and passed it back to Lloyds.............am now awaiting next one to come out of the woodwork!

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded