RedV vs LloydsTSB/Apex and MHV

RedVixen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah where to start

I have a loan with Lloyds it has PPI on it which shouldn't be there - I am claiming that back via a complaint letter initially (you wouldn't believe the lies misinformation and incompetence on that one - no wait a minute this is CAG of course you would :D)

Iwas pushed out of my last full time job when it made the leap from temp to permanent so haven't been able to pay since January so they are now claiming the full amount backI also have an unplanned overdraft of £830 last time I got a statement (funnily enough there are no more charges allegedly being taken next month I wonder why - or is the statement lying who knows).

The overdraft in the first place consists entirely of chargesThese two they have lumped together and sent over to Apex - total amount just over £7K

I have a credit card with them of about £1200 which for some reason they are treating separately despite the fact that they did on occasion take money out of my current account without permission or prior warning to pay the minimum payment when I was late usually on a month when they had taken £90 from me - I was paid weekly £90 is a lot of money when you are paid weekly.

I can see why they continuously refused to give me a £50 buffer overdraft as that refusal has resulted in them profiting to the tune of £2K in the last 2 years (charges claim is in progress LBA will go out tomorrow) fecking good business decision.

Though I fail to understand why I was so BAD a customer they couldn't give me £50 OD but apparently if I had stayed in the black for 2 months on the trot one of their sales............sorry ACCOUNT advisors :rolleyes: could have sorted out my long term borrowing to include an additional several hundred pounds that I DID NOT WANT but he told me that would solve the problem of the charges taking me over drawn so regularly and was of course a much better option for me than a £50 buffer. :confused::confused:

Anyway I digress this is the first post of my battle with these organisations

I have had 2 calls from Apex the first was a young girl who when she told me she was from APEX I replied thats nice but I have to tell you I DO NOT respond to phone calls to which she said oh ermm OK I'll call you back

Second was today from a clearly more experienced monkey the call was hello is this RV yes I said

Well I am ??? calling form APEX on behalf of LLoyds TSB response - Lloyds have already had an offer on this and I do not respond to phone calls

Well thats your choice RV so long as you understand the consequences

Oh yes I do thankyou was my reply

Having just read the cheekiness to DCA thread I actually hope someone does call again soon as I have a nice line in cheekiness lined up

I have only had a letter form MHV so far

By the time I have asked for PPI on the current loan, a previous loan, charges on both current account and credit card - I actually owe them very little if anything

Waves at any lurking trolls - see not trying to escape MY responsibilities just have no intention of letting these blood suckers escape THEIRS

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with this redvixen - have you got the ball rolling asking for those charges back yet?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Its is all suspiciously quiet

Tiglet - playing with the spreadsheets at the moment

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 2 weeks later...

Right this has now gone to the "in house solicitors" who were a bit perpexed that I didn't collapse into a quivering heap when they said they were solicitors - same answer put it in writing no I won't discuss anything over the phone including me ringing any number that they give me - I have no instructions form lloyds that the matter has been put over to a solicitor and phoning on a saturday morning suggests that inhouse solicitors have thick call centre monkeys at the end of a power dial system as well

PPI letters have now gone off - this is the bulk of what I believe they owe me. I have found another issue on the older loan which would be the hardest one to get back

I am struggling to get my head round the spreadsheet for the charges - not surprising since I have lost both parents in the last 2 months and am not firing on all cylinders

It has occurred to me (after a brief discussion with a friend who also happens to be a qualified insolvency practitioner)

I know that a threat of court action is now imminent. However the largest part of the alleged debt is a loan that was given to me despite me clearly stating at the sales meeting that I knew I would be taking a pay cut in six months time, as my funding period would be ending and didn't at that time have any job lined up - they would have to explain and justify to a judge why they lent me the money in the first place

The PPI Saga

Are they allowed to call on a Sunday and they are insisting that I have to have an actual conversation with them - No matter how many times I told her that they are not supposed to call me she insisted they are and I am making things difficult for myself by refusing to talk to then - Telephoen Harassment letter will be on its way tomorrow

The PPI Saga

ROFLMAO!

I don't know about "allowed" but they would have to prove it wasn't true if they wanted to sue you for slander;)

Get that telephone harassment letter sent off and report them to your local trading standards. How are you getting on with your spreadsheets?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Nearly there - I have just looked up the solicitors on the who deals with who list - they don't seem to have their own web site

I didn't call her a lying bitch (this time) I just said i don't believe her. She said they are allowed to call on a sunday otherwise she wouldn't be calling she also claimed the call was being recorded which I doubt. and told her that . Apparently they sent a letter on the 3rd June which will probably cross with the PPI ones.

OFT guidelines talk about reasonable times for calls and Sunday can surely be argued as not reasonable - i did say that i had already explained to 2 of her colleagues that i would not respond to phone calls and said that there systems are clearly crap if that fact wasn't recorded clearly this is going to be a daily occurrence

The PPI Saga

To be honest, simply saying "I will only communicate in writing" and then putting the phone down is the best way to keep your blood pressure low - and get that harassment letter sent off.

It is considered acceptable to call on a sunday - however, you can say that you are a Christian and object to being called on your holy day - if they do not respect that, then they are in a whole heap of trouble.

I doubt very much it's a solicitor calling you, but a call-centre bod, as you so rightly suppose. Is it SCM by anychance?

Yep it is, and the first thing I ALWAYS say to them is I don't respond to phone calls you must communicate by writing. This one kept saying you have to have a conversation to which I said no I don't now go away. She clearly has a script and they clearly have several phone numbers as the one used yesterday was on my reject list. I think I have received a letter off them some months ago which basically told me to call the Lloyds collection centre I think I did eventually after putting the phone down on several indian operators and just explained my situation and them they went away for a bit - thing is i am currently temping and and not even making part time wages (actually qualify for housing benefit)and live in rented accommodation so court action will get them nowhere. I also currently have no assetts. Lloyds have received a written offer via CAB based on my circumstances which they have ignored

Though someone from moorcrap once tried to tell me that their client would spend thousands if necessary to get the £1.5K back - yeah right shot that one down.

The PPI Saga

Right finally received two letters from scm - interestly they have separated out both accounts where previously the loan and current account have been lumped together

The letters are standard threatograms mentioning a recent letter that I have never received and demanding that I act immediately - its dated the 3rd and arrived today - threat of attachment of earnings - goody goody no problem - I have earned less than £1 in the last 2 months - warrant of execution - I won nothing that would be cost effective for a bailiff to remove and a charging order - I live in rented accomodation and also the bit about a CCJ which will prohibit me form getting anymore credit - I haven't wanted more credit for 3 years now and already can't get any so that will really make little difference to me at the moment

This is the reply to the one regarding my current account - any comments??

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your letter dated 3rd June 2008 which arrived this morning regarding my current account blurb

I am perplexed that the letter says that you have not received any response to a previous letter as I have never received a previous letter demanding payment. I am also perplexed at that no mention is made of the formal offer that was made directly to LloydsTSB collections on my behalf by the Citizens Advice Bureau. Although I am aware that most major banks have a very convenient habit of losing letters and information that does not suit them even when there is documentary evidence that they have been received. I would suggest that you investigate this matter with LloydsTSB as it is unfair of them to ask you to act on their behalf without giving furnishing you with full and complete information.

All previous communications have rolled up both this account on my loan account into one. The offer made to LloydsTSB was £5 per month based on my current situation with regard to this rolled up amount. This was to be increased as soon as my situation changes.

My current situation is that I do not have full time employment. I have enclosed copies of my last 2 months wage slips so you can see that any offer is extremely generous given my current circumstances. I am currently awaiting a decision on a housing benefit claim as my earnings are so low. I should also point out that I live in rented accommodation .

I would also like to point out that the unplanned overdraft consists entirely of bank charges which as you know the high court has currently judged to be open to challenge under the Unfair terms blah blah blah Act so to aggressively pursue this at the current time would be unethical and I will not hesitant in reporting any harrassment about this account to the relevant authorities.

I therefore offer the sum of £5 per month for this account, to be reviewed as soon as my situation changes.

Please note the enclosed letter regarding telephone communication

The PPI Saga

They are also gettingthe telephone harrassment and the one revoke their right to visit me with these

The loan letter

Dear Sir/Madam

Thankyou for you letter dated 3rd June 2008 regarding my LloysTSB laon account xxxxxxxxx which arrived this morning.

I have to say I am a little perplexed about reference of a previous formal demand letter as I have not received any previous correspondence from yourself regarding this although I am aware this sort of thing does seem to be a very common occurrence within the debt collection industry. It isn’t really surprising given the number of letters your computers generate at random and send that lots seem to go astray.

I should like to make it clear that I have written to LloydsTSB regarding this loan account, though given the tardiness with which your letter reached me, it may have crossed with this one. There is a PPI loan included in the amount which I am challenging as I did not agree to PPI being applied as it was clear at the time that I applied for the loan that PPI would not be honored. I have also made a similar claim for missold PPI for a previous loan for a similar amount. I would therefore suggest that you return this account to Lloyds while these details are being hammered out as it will significantly change the situation.

I will in the meantime offer Lloyds £5 per month towards this account, which is a significant amount of money given my current circumstances. The offer also acknowledges that even with the PPI issues being resolved there will still be some outstanding debt and I am keen to resolve the issue as soon as I an financially able.

The PPI Saga

• 3 weeks later...

Right so at the moment

No phone calls - the harrassment letter worked

Also go the standard we are sorry that you are not happy with us letter form their PPI people

I have today received a letter from SCM stating that their client after consulting their (clearly fantasy) figures is prepared to accept a reduced monthly payment of £142 per month for six months and then they will consider rescheduling my borrowing - there is no way I am going to reschedule - I can just imagine the interest rate they will apply

well now - the figures sent by CAB in April gave a disposable income of £100 per month and clearly explained about all the other creditors and the fact that this was not fixed hence the low offer (my income has gone down since then) so where they have pulled this figure from is a mystery - so I will be writing back suggesting that they check with Lloyds that they have actually got the right person. I will then restate my offer as a final offer. I will try and limit the amount of sarcasm I use but it will be difficult

The PPI Saga

I would send them another income/expenditure with your current figures and state how much you are able to pay.

ps A bit of sarcasm here and there never hurts, really ;)

Maybe my last payslip which states how much I have earnt this year - its looking very sad compared to last year - an income expenditure statement will show a deficit - I am waiting for a housing benefit claim to go through it is taking ages as my income goes up and down - honestly the system doesn't want people to try and work

The PPI Saga

Well so far the letter begins Dear Computor

then compliments the computor on its imagination

I then make a few recommendation to SCM - firstly that the check that Lloyds have got the right person - because there is no way they have ANY figures which leave me with excess income of £142 and they wouldn't have made it up now would they

It then tellls them to ask which planet Lloyds are on if they insist they haven't made a mistake

Then tells them not to send any letters asking me to call them as I won't infact I did describe the suggestion that I MUST call them bollocks

It then explains my situation and re-itterates the £5 offer and explains why it is so low including the fact that any excess will be distributed on a pro rata basis between all creditors

I also then suggest that if Lloyds decide to decline this that SCM should remind them that a judge will be working off the same figures and they might end up with less if they decide to go down that route

I am trying to find the thread which discusses the not proper headed paper issue as these letters have a scanned signature which is basically their company name in fancy font and I don't think all the details of registration etc are on teh letter head - something else to hit them with

• Haha 1

The PPI Saga

Ta Tiglet they don't really read them do they just wait for you to make a panicked phone call. I did also mention the reputation of teh debt collecting industry for lying and bullying and pointed out that I would be doing all of us a favour

The PPI Saga

SO due to having very little cahs and needing to spend it all on travelling to work I haven't sent the letters off yet - will go tomorrow just as well at is will save me thepotage on the next one

Seperate letters arrived this morning basically saying this is the third time they have tried to contact me by post but haven't heard anything from me and that they will tell the judge that if it goes to court - the last one was delivered form their Brighton office on the 23rd I take that means it was signed for - the electronic proof is however not available even though it says it is. These letters were dated the 1st July. Interstingly the first one claimed they had written previously when they hadn't and this is the third one that I have actaully received - that discrepency has been noted.

At no time has anyone acknowledged my offers either the one sent straight to Lloyds or the one sent to SCM. I suspect they are just baiting me to get me to call them - they can bugger off

They also go on to say that Lloyds have no idea why they are not getting any payments - well actually I have discussed this with several Lloyds employess my situation hasn't changed

So the additional letter going out with the previous ones addresses each of their points and states that they are false

It also tells them that any more time that I have to waste replying to computor generated letters will be invoiced on a monthly basis at £25 per letter - fair cost as I don't have a software system that churns them out with the press of one button

It also states that I will not under any circumstances telephone them so they had better grow up as they are currently breaching OFT guidelines and I am going to report them - I am bored with it all and ****ed off that it is swallowing so much of my time.

As I said the letter head is suspect is a letter template printed onto their particular colour of paper witrh scanned signiture

The PPI Saga

I am now reading the complaints section of the solicitors regualtory authority - they say they won't tolerate deception and fraud amongst their we will see about that one - and conpanies house depend where I find their registered adress to be the only one on the paper is the parasytic office shared with their clients - unless this is their only office but it doesn't actually say its registered

The PPI Saga

Yes it looks liek they do have a cpmpletely incestuaous relationship next week is going to be fun sense of humour is rapidly being replaced with Pre menstral fury

The PPI Saga