Welcome Finance Protest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have dealt with welcome finance for quite some time, I have even reported them to the information commissioners office for their potential breaches of the data protection act.

Last week, I got a bit fed up of their practices and dealing with them, so I arranged with Nottingham Police to protest outside their head office, from may 19th onwards. The Police are absolutely fine with that and have given me an incident number and a point of contact with the police.

They do have a few rules though:

1. The protest should be peaceful
  2. The protest should not hinder anyone walking down the pavement, or any vehicles entering Welcome Finances premises.
  3. Any Placards or leaflets should not contain any copyrighted trademarks/information

So if anyone wishes to join me, they are welcome(sic) but if numbers go beyond 10 people I do have to inform the police again, but they are cool about it.

The first protest is 19th May at:

Welcome Finance

Ruddington Fields Business Park,

Mere Way,

Ruddington

Nottingham, NG11 6NZ

Danny

Quick update, my protest is on hold till tuesday as I have to await the Director of Corporate Affairs cattles reply on monday. I must admit the dialogue I have had with him so far has been very positive - my view of welcome may be changing.

Anyway if his reply is positive, there will be no protest - if negative I am 'manning the harpoons' so to speak. :)

Looks like things may be moving along - had another positive chat with them today - will have more news on Wednesday :)

Edited by danny_kiernan
Wrong Job title put down - amended

They have sent me a statement of account - with lots of (what could be deemed) unfair charges, and also an option fee charged, when it explicitly states in the contract that the option fee may be paid at the end of the contract.

The insurance amounts don't tally either.

Speaking to the Corporate affairs chap again tomorrow, I'll post more when I get a chance tomorrow - btw your help is always apreciated Steven4064.

The fun continues :)