bunty76

Won by default - how do i progress?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4115 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks - bit late to join now I guess but Ive had a claim upheld through MCOL last week for charges on my Egg card (now closed) and havent heard from Egg.

I'd really rather not send in the warrant just yet uness its absolutely necessary - any ideas for contacting Eggs legal department by phone? Its not like they can bully me - I don't owe them anything.

I guess you no longer have access to Egg Securemail. The following link will provide an address to write reach Egg managers who I suspect can move faster than Egg lawyers. Ringing up would be more pot luck, and in any case you will need to quote chapter and verse of your court win, and you would probably be requested to provide proof of ID (passport, drivers licence), and current address (utility bills), and your bank sortcode and account for Egg to pay into.

Did you attend a court hearing? Did Egg lawyer attend? I would not think Egg want to drag it out, any delay in payment more likely due to due to bureaucracy than conspiracy.

Well done!

EGG Contact Addresses - PLEASE NOTE - UPDATED INFORMATION(

I guess you no longer have access to Egg Securemail. The following link will provide an address to write reach Egg managers who I suspect can move faster than Egg lawyers. Ringing up would be more pot luck, and in any case you will need to quote chapter and verse of your court win, and you would probably be requested to provide proof of ID (passport, drivers licence), and current address (utility bills), and your bank sortcode and account for Egg to pay into.

Did you attend a court hearing? Did Egg lawyer attend? I would not think Egg want to drag it out, any delay in payment more likely due to due to bureaucracy than conspiracy.

Well done!

EGG Contact Addresses - PLEASE NOTE - UPDATED INFORMATION(

thanks very much! No there ws no hearing, all done through MCOL, they submitted no defence so I won by default.

I do actually have access to securemail as I have the remains of a small loan with egg. I might give that a go.

Thanks again!

Did you reclaim debit interest levied by Egg against unlawful penalty charges?

How long did the process take from beginning (obtaining statements via S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) to end? Raising a glass of advocaat to you.

Did you reclaim debit interest levied by Egg against unlawful penalty charges?

How long did the process take from beginning (obtaining statements via S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) to end? Raising a glass of advocaat to you.

Lets see - about 20 days for statements to arrive.

1st letter, got a reply in 10 days

2nd letter, reply in 5 days

logged with court through MCOL - takes 5 days to send, plus 14 days for them to respond.

Obtained win by default on Thursday of last week, they will have been posted that so should have it by now.

so... about 8 weeks all in?

bunty

Don't ring them - do everything in writing

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.