Paid for goods, not received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first post here.

I wanted to ask for some advice. Over a month ago, I paid for a number plate from a large well recognised company. I sent in all my documentation including V5, but still waiting for confirmation of completion of the transaction. On telephoning them, I keep being informed that they are still waiting for documentation from the original owner (documentation that should have arrived a couple of weeks ago).

I'm sure I would be able to get a full refund if I wanted to back out as I have been waiting so long (paid with credit card). However, is there anything else I can do or expect from them? From what I see I have entered into a contract with them for the goods, which I have paid for, but haven't received. Could they just back out at this stage, issuing me with a full refund, or can I take this further as I have paid for goods that I want?

Any advice appreciated.

Have a read through there terms and conditions, it should state the time scale for such items, and cancellation policy. if i recall when i ordered my number plate from a company, it took 4 and half weeks from start of transaction to completion.

make sure theres no cancellation fees involved before you do consider cancelling....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Distance selling regs. If they have failed to comply with the requirements of then you can cancel with impunity and you are entitled to a full refund. They may argue that it is a service they are providing and there are exempt. I would disgree. You are buying a product, not a service.