New Person...Help with Lloydstsb Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me?

I have had my lloydstsb bank account for over 6 years i think, and never had a problem up until the last 8 months.

I recently lost my job and started to fall behind with payments of my bank loan, and cancelled mt direct debit whilst i wrote to them to explain my situation, but as they continued to take money out of my account i opened a new bank account and put my wages from my new job in there.

As i had a premier account they took £25 out of my bank every month but it send me over my overdraft, they then charged me for being over my overdraft, and then took those charges out, and then again charged me for being over my overdraft, they then took my bank cards off me disableing me from using my account but continued to take the £25, and now cos of the first £25 they took off mt i have accrued £1000 in charges which still keep going on and on, and they wont stop saying i have to pay it all back in full to stop the charges, anything i can do about it?

If your thread title hadn't said lloyds, i would have sworn you were talking about rbs!!.

I don't know enough about bank accounts to advise you properly but i think you can get these charges back and get the account closed.

I'm sure someone will be here to help you soon.

This post will bump it to the top for you

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi byteme,

I was in practically the same situation as you recently, although I cancelled my overdraft facility as I never used it. Anyway when they charged me the £25 missed payment fee that took my account into the red so I wrote an Official Complaint explaining the situation and letting them know that they were making a bad situation worse. It took about 6 weeks for them to sort it out but they refunded the £25 (well took it off my loan), refunded interest that had been added to my loan for the previous 3 months and finally agreed to my £1 token payment for the following 3 months. So get pen to paper and send it here :

At the top of the page in big letters put OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

Do not sign it just print your name

LloydsTSB Bank plc

Customer Service Recovery

Sussex House

1 – 9 Gloucester Place

Brighton

BN1 4BE

Hope it helps you out.

Pete.

I have done the above and had no reply, is there anything else i can do?

Give them time to respond, you will probably get a letter saying they are looking into your complaint and will get back within 28 days. I got 2 of those. So don't worry and be a little patient.

Pete.