Does anyone use email to communicate with DCAs do they accept it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do with an account that has none of my correct personal details, they sometime respond and sometimes dont.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I emailed Lowells/Red/Hamptons they NEVER replied

I emailed Thames they NEVER replied.

Maybe it was because of the CAG email address or maybe they dont like putting things in writing and prefer to psyche you out on the phone

I've e-mailed CSL, Mercers and Lowell, which CSL and Mercers never bothered replying, Lowells how ever did, asking that I phone them to discuss payment.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

This depends. many companies do not consider email to be a secure medium, and therefor wont discuss anything account specific. Others will (I receive my bank statement electronically for instance).

If you wish to put something into writing via email, you are well within your rights, perhaps stating at the end that you request confirmation of receipt and a copy to be placed in your file. They can then respond in writing as they see fit.

However, nothing beats good old fashioned recorded delivery!

Deshaine,

I agree with your comments, about some companies not considering email as a secure method. But if you was to e-mail them saying you wished to settle your £10,000 account with them, they'd certainlly respond to your email then. :D

On more of a serious note though, I can see the downside to email but I think the balance of someone going to the trouble of "redirecting" your email is not very likely, as its not very simple to do, yet getting the hands on your post is somewhat alot easier. I suppose it has an argument either way, for and against.

I personally think the reason DCA's don't like responding via e-mail because they don't yet have a button to press to generate a drone reply. And dare not place anything in writing to you that can be used, unlike telephone conversation threats.

Thanks

- Hobbie

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

I'm about to email Optima for the simple reason that their headed paper doesn't include an address.

I recently SAR'd Credit Solutions and found that among the stuff they sent me was copies of emails I'd sent them, although they never replied to them.

Recently I emailed Frederickson and I did get a reply.

I don't see why you can't email them, but I'm not sure whether or not you could get the necessary proof that they'd received it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I don't see why you can't email them, but I'm not sure whether or not you could get the necessary proof that they'd received it.

Delivery receipts are free :) Before sending it, select Delivery & Read Receipt, of course the Read Receipt depends on several factors, e-mail client reading the email, and some email clients allow you to deny sending a read receipt.

But the delivery receipt is generated once the email enters the companies e-mail server, can't be stopped (unless of course it is configured not to ever send a delivery receipt).

With this in mind, I see it no different to proof of postage/recorded delivery, as you have confirmation that the e-mail was delivered, if you send a recorded letter, the person can sign for it, but by no means say that the person will ever open or read it.

Thanks

- Hobbie

Like their letters then, we sent you a letter and even if you dont read it we will assume you have :mad:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Like their letters then, we sent you a letter and even if you dont read it we will assume you have :mad:

Someone on the same wave length as myself... EXACTLY.

If you send them an email regarding harassment or what ever, and they say "B-b-b-b-but we didn't receive it your worship, honest we didn't" just like when you didn't receive your Default Notice, but the DCA/OL "We sent it to you"

Works both ways... :D

Thanks

- Hobbie

Lowells do reply feel free to email Andrew bartle and you can have a nice bit of reteric about how you spent the money moral high ground blah blah but its ok to collect without a CCA:D:D:D

Edited by excel1
like they would have a cca

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)