Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent the standard letter

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from my company.

signed my name, company.>>

I have been restating my position but now xx are saying that was the registered owner they are "entitled to assume that you were driving the vehicle on the day in question". therefore we are entitled to persue you for payment blah blah..."

The letter is addressed to my company with sir/madam though.

I was not driving the vehicle and we do not know who it was on the day the overstay occured but it might have been a care outlook employee, then again there is a car wash in there so it might have been given a clean as the photo show a very shiny car coming out! No receipt from accounts though so what should I respond with???

Edited by peter123

"Entitled to assume that you were driving the vehicle on the day in question". The nerve of them. They are of course entitled to assume no such thing. If they want to take it further they would have to provide clear evidence that the RK was driving, which of course they will not be able to do. It would be tempting to reply with "I am entitled to assume that you are talking out of your rear end".

you have no obligation whatsoever to tell a PPC who was driving despite anything they may say on their paperwork, their website or their trolling posts on here.

this is not a S172 request after all... its an invoice (begging letter).

I dont believe it! I have just recieved a letter from xx collections threatening legal proceedings and a bailiff may attend!

Edited by peter123

Thanks, I didnt know they could pass the details onto another company in light of my dispute? Also they didnt even give me the 14 days they said they would!!!

On the data protection they are listed as:

Purpose 5

Crime Prevention and Prosecution of Offenders

Purpose Description:

Crime prevention and detection and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders.

Data Controllers further description of Purpose:

INCLUDES USE OF CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION FOR THE MONITORING AND COLLECTION

OF SOUND AND/OR VISUAL IMAGES FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAINTAINING THE SECURITY OF

PREMISES, FOR PREVENTING CRIME AND INVESTIGATING CRIME.

From what I've read on the forums I cant see how any criminal activity has occured here?

Thanks, I didnt know they could pass the details onto another company in light of my dispute? Also they didnt even give me the 14 days they said they would!!!

They shouldn't be passing your details on if you've disputed the debt. Thats a breach of the OFT guidelines at the very least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed all letters are written to my company, with sir/madam. I am reoplying with my name (as the director I am writing on behalf of the company). Is this an issue and should I be writing "I".

I have noticed all letters are written to my company, with sir/madam. I am reoplying with my name (as the director I am writing on behalf of the company). Is this an issue and should I be writing "I".

I would be inclined to change it to prevent any confusion to our/we. This puts it in the third person and makes it clear that it is not referring to you personally but rather the company. You are using the "royal" We/our like her Majesty does.

e.g. It would seem you got our details from the DVLA.....

In the meantime we absolutely deny any debt.....

Yours

Director

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------