Does Cca Cover O/d And Or Bank Accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It doesn't cover overdrafts in the same way that it covers other credit agreement and signing of an agreement by you is not necessary for overdrafts. Personally I would just send the SAR.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Cheers Rory,

I sent them CCA Request months ago,and just received letter this morning saying not covered by CCA so just wanted to make sure.

I dont really want to deal with a 3rd party (Debt Mgrs) can I send any sort of letter to say I will deal with Abbey only.

Any Ideas Help

Thanks Again

Chris

Well start by sending the SAR to Abbey and then if Debt Managers contact you you can send an account in dispute letter basically telling them to get lost.

• Haha 1

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

When you say old, what do you mean/ Do you mean you've had it a long time or that you haven't paid it in a long time?

• Haha 1

Rory

Sorry to butt in to this thread, but I'm also being chased for an overdraft that I haven't paid on in years. I've been advised in another thread that I should send a CCA request to the DCA and a SAR to the original creditor.

What are the reasons/potential benefits of sending the CCA letter against not sending it? Is it worth doing just to check their paperwork is in order?

Reason I ask - got a letter from a firm of solicitors (Geoffrey Parker Bourne) and have a feeling proceedings are imminent, would I be opening myself up to problems if I send the CCA? I haven't even acknowledged the DCA yet at all.

Sorry again for the hijack, I'm just really worried

Hi Rory

It is a account I no longer use and haven't done for a year (since I claimed all the charges back), I have been paying it off at £1 a month like all my other debts. I have sent a letter both to my bank and the DCA offering £1 a month - hope it works :confused:

When you say old, what do you mean/ Do you mean you've had it a long time or that you haven't paid it in a long time?

AnotherScaredPerson and moneyhelp if you have threads running on these problems could you please post a link and I'll happily have a look at them, rather than hijack someone elses thread. Thanks :)

What letter have they sent you?

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter of **/**/**, in which you advise of your intention to issue court proceedings with regard to the outstanding balance of my current account overdraft.

As you are aware, this account and the balance thereof is currently subject of a dispute. I can only assume your letter has been sent in error, as you must surely be aware that action such as that you propose would constitute breaches of the banking code. This matter has been discussed in correspondence with your clients ********* department.

Additionally, this action you propose is clearly quantifiable as retaliatory due to my own claim against your client to recover unlawfully levied penalty charges. To proceed as you have indicated would therefore be contrary to the statement of the Financial Services Authority of 6th July 2006 in which it ruled such action to be discriminatory. I also believe this action to be tantamount to a sanction imposed merely for pursuing my legitimate right of seeking a judgement from a court.

I trust your client is committed to upholding the standards of the Banking Code to which it subscribes, and would not hold its regulator, the FSA, in such contempt as to ignore its 6th July statement.

I will allow you 7 days to reply to me, in writing or by Fax only, withdrawing the threat of action imposed in your letter of **/**/**. If you do not do so, I will draw your client’s transgressions to the attention of the Financial Services Authority and the banking code standards committee, by making formal complaints and enclosing copies of all recent correspondence.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours faithfully