Sneggy Dave Vs Abbey

sneggy dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I have started to take action against abbey this is wat i have done* I sent a letter requesting a list of charges/statments during the last 6 years and today i recieved a letter saying about the microfiche argument* Today i sent a letter using the sample letter from this WICKED AND VERY HELPFUL FORUM and i now await their reply. They have until 08/08/06 to do what they got to do.After this I will let you all now what they have said. Not sure what to expect to be honest. Any ideas from the people who have been through this stage already. Nice1

Right today in the post i recieved 14 letters lol from abbey national all of which are my bank statements from the last 14 months. Does this mean they are not gonna send the rest of them from the last 6 years. I have sent them another letter last week in regards to the microfiche problem and they have until the 8 August to reply. Do i just wait now until the 8th and see what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help on how to procced with my claim.Today i recievd a reply to the microfiche letter which i had sent them. It says on the letter that '' as these microfiche records are not held as part of a releveant filing system, they are not covered by the data protection act and therefore will not be supplied under section 7 data protection act request. However i confirm that arrangements have been made for the microfice records to be sent to you in due course''. Does this mean they are gonna send me the records or they are just finding a way out of it. Then it also goes on saying they have carried out a full investigation. Then its say something about keeping my file open for the next eight weeks. Wat does that mean? Whats the next step for me after this letter. Any help will be much appreicated.

• 3 weeks later...

Right i have now decided whilst im waiting for the rest of my statements going beyond the 14 months i am now gonna claim for what i am owed going from the last 14 months. I know first of all i have to send out the two letters each waiting for 14 days for them to reply. But wat i want to know is, is there anything i should be doing in the two weeks for preparation. And is there anything in particular i should be made aware of when completing the money claim form.Any help will be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Come someone tell me what i have to do after i send the final non compliance letter. Do i use this template http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html once the 7 days are up. If so can someone give me a address on where to send this letter. Also do i have to send a fee of any kind. Or are there any other things which i should be doing before hand for preparation.

Thanks in advance Dave

• 1 month later...

Looks like the abbey are finaly starting to comply to the DPA, I am still waiting for my statements requested in June. OK Dave looks like you are on top of things, so initial request for repayment, then LBA, then court. Just a sensible time period between letters ie 14 days between initial request and LBA, then 14 days from LBA to court. Good hunting.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Sorry, don't forget the schedule of charges with each letter, and the final schedule when you issue your claim in court should include the 8%. Now you have all your statements this should be easy to enter into a spreadsheet, just tedious.

Regards bish.

Thanks will let u know how it goes. Hopefully there wont be as much hassle as it was for getting the statements. There where times where i thought about not bothering with this. Hopefully i will have my money back :)

• 2 months later...

Today i recieved a letter from abbey in response to my first letter i sent which was for repayment.

The letter i recieved was from the buisness manager and he basically says ''sorry that ur unhappy, one of my team will be investigating your complaint''. Then goes onto say handling the compalint can take a long time but we will write to you within 4 weeks if we havent contacted you before that. Then goes onto say if you empoyed a solicter or any third party it wont change how quick it can handle the complaint.

With this letter do i now wait for the 4 weeks to come or do i send the next letter giiving them another 14 days to repl.

Any help wil much appreciated once again. Thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved another letter today saying that im sorry bla bla bla, The usual rubbish and it will take up to another weeks whilst we look into ur complaint.

So i take it now is the time to make the claim. Do u suggest i do it online?? and just follow the instructions.

Thanks

Dave

Today i recieved another letter and this time its a gesture of good will offer.

They have offered to give me £410 and the sum in which I am asking for is £930. They go on to say that they believe that they have not broken any rules and they comply with the office of fair trading.

This letter comes on the day that the deadline is up before i send the money claim form over the internet. Now i got this letter I am not sure on how to proceed. Do i go ahead with the claim but take off the £410 pounds or do i wirte to the abbey and tell him its not good enough and i want the full refund.

Any help on this matter willl be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Dave

Hi dave,

As you have not filed your claim yet I would accept it as partial setlement of your claim and proceed with the claim for the rest. Check to see if it is in your account, or rather make sure you get the GOGW before deducting it from your claim. This is standard procedure for abbey, give them a bit they might go away. You can refuse it, but they normaly pay it fairly quickly into your account, mine was swallowed up by the overdraft. HTH.

Regards bish.

Sneggy Dave, ...... I second Bish, and if you use MCOL don't forget to send 3 copies of your schedule of charges to MCOL @ Northampton with a covering letter (template around somewhere) asking them to join the schedule up with your e-claim. It pre-empts the standard nonsense from Abbey that you failed to provide it with your N1. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

if you use MCOL don't forget to send 3 copies of your schedule of charges to MCOL @ Northampton with a covering letter (template around somewhere) asking them to join the schedule up with your e-claim. It pre-empts the standard nonsense from Abbey that you failed to provide it with your N1. Regards, Mad Nick

I thought if u do it online u just follow this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html. And if u want to do it over the counter or post u send the charges schedule up. Doing it online there is no facility where u can send the list of charges.

The way i was orginally going to do it was use this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html to fill in the money claim form state that i have had a gogw and take that off the final total. Then i was going to send them a letter saying i will only accept this as a partile payment and still expect the reminder of the total.

Is this right or am I going the wrong way about it.

Thanks for your help its much appreicated

Dave

If you want help write your letter of here and some one will take a look over it for you :)

Karne

x

I have written a draft letter here which I am going to send to the abbey. Its about the rejection of the GOGW and what I am going to do next.

I need to write the address in and my account number but if someone can check the content of the letter that will be much appreciated.

Letter>>>>

R.E Reply of GOGW offer

Dear Mr Roger Evans

Thank you for the letter of GOGW revived on 25th January 2007. Although I am grateful for the £360 which you returned to me I still need the reminder of what is owed to me. Because of this I can only accept this as a partial offer and I still require the reminder of the charges which add up £552.

I have to tell you this will be the last letter in which I will be sending to you as I am about to send the forms off to the claims court in order to get the reminder of the charges back. I am sorry that it as to go down this route . I have given you plenty of notice and written to you on numerous occasions asking for what is owed to me.

Dear Mr Roger Evans

Thank you for your letter dated 23rd January 2007.

I acknowledge receipt of £360 which Abbey have returned to my account.

This amount will only be excepted in partial settlement of my claim and I will continue my claim for the remainder of the charges, totalling £552.

I will be entering my claim in the county court on XX/XX/XX . Should you wish to avoid this action please contact me.

Thanks Karn much appreciated. This version is much shorter and to the point. Thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Need some advice please!!!

Last week i recieved the court papers saying that abbey had till the 24th to respond to my claim. However, today i recieved more court papers saying that Abbey intend to defend the whole claim, which then goes on to say it has 28 days to file a defence.

What does this mean now for my claim. Does this mean its going to go to court.

Any help will be much appreciated once again.

Thanks

Dave

Sneggy Dave, that looks like the normal and if they carry on that way, they'll file a defence which will be a flat denial, and send you a copy direct with a 50% final settlement offer ("without prejudice"). Wait for the official Court version with an AQ to fill in. If you decide to carry on, reject Abbey's offer direct with Abbey,and return the AQ to the Court then wait for a court date. In the meantime, read up on this : :http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/52494-read-now-if-you.html

Regards, Mad Nick

PS And just in case you didn't know, Without Prejudice means that, if it's a genuine attempt at settlement (which I suppose it is, LOL), it's inadmissible in Court so don't put it or your rejection in your Court bundle.

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me how long does it take the courts to send me the court date after i sent the allocation questionaire. Its been almost 2 weeks since i returned the form and still aint heard nothnig from them. Is this the norm??

Cheers