nearest airport to stoke mandeville hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone ?

im fighting with myself here yet again sad.gif

a good friend of mine and work collegue, made a new life for herself, she left the NE and went to london to start afresh smile.gif

she was an immaculate girl always perfect and absolutely stunning honestly, id defy anyone to say she wasnt

well, she went to a party and it was on a roof terrace, she stepped back and there wasnt a barrier and fell over 30ft. consequently shes

suffered a terrible head injury, shes unable to perform any tasks and needs 24 hour care. i know theres a two year healing period with head injuries etc

but i really cant see any rehab working in this instance

some of the girls have been to see her and came home devastated, shes screaming and wailing constantly, has no knowledge of anything,

its a bloo9y crying shame it is really as she was a lass that had everything going for her

we worked together for a while with head injuries which makes this a little hard to swallow

i need to go see her but................................. this is the hard part, can i do it?

honey x wub.gif

Good luck Honey whatever you decide.

From my own experience all i can say is, at least you will have tried.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Honey - a very difficult call but to be honest, if you care enough about her, you'll go. Just prepare yourself mentally for how she'll look, behave etc so you won't be too upset and prepare for your reactions. I had a nasty head injury four years ago which needed 60 stitches.... 10 minutes more and I would have been a gonner if it wasn't for the wonderful staff and paramedics who saved me. We could ALL be in that position any day and it would be awful to know that nobody was coming to see you. I think you will regret it in years to come if you don't go.... try it once and then it will get easier - the person you once loved and knew is stiill there but just altered .. Debs x

• Haha 1

The following link suggests either Birminham or Heathrow...

Newcastle Airport - Destinations

If U travel by Train however...

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/SiteImages/Assets/3/Route_Map.pdf

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/SiteImages/Assets/3/Timetable_South_coast_to_Northern_England&Scotland_via_Birmingham_180508.pdf

Download Our Timetable - Chiltern Railways

...U could get a lot closer to the hospital.

Just change at Leamington Spa/Banbury...Princes Risborough...+ Aylesbury.

Alternatively, change at Birmingham New Street for ANY train that stops at Milton Keynes + cadge a lift off someone from there, for the relatively short distance to Stoke Manderville.

...:)

• Haha 1

Better to regret the things you've done than the things you haven't, Honey. :)

• Haha 1

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Im a newbie on here.. And I dont know you Honey ..

But I would say let the heart rule instead of the head...

Be there when your friend needs you..

You may regret it later if you don't....

• Haha 1

Hello. I think Luton Airport might be the nearest, or Coventry.

The following link suggests either Birminham or Heathrow...

Newcastle Airport - Destinations

I believe the Airport thingy was already covered previously in the Thread sequenci...;)

...Unless of course, honey5 has access to a private light aircraft??...:o

...:)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

sorry people im not getting any notifications at all :(

I didnt go to see Ann that weekend as she ended up with a serious infection in her leg (one thats severely damaged)

Something which apparently almost ended up as ganrene, from which she is still recovering, still in hospital so fingers crossed it wont be long until she can have visitors again

thanks for all the replies and advice on how to get to SMH :)

honey x