• Tweets

• Hi, I am wondering if I should write a Letter of Action to Hermes regarding a stolen parcel? Below is a timeline of events:   20/11/21 – I sold a collectible item on eBay for £350   21/11/21 – The buyer pays   22/11/21 - I buy postage through Packlink and post via an Inpost locker. Regrettably, I did not purchase additional insurance.   25/11/21 – The buyer contacts me to ask for more tracking information as the tracking on eBay states the parcel has been delivered, but his partner had been home all day and no courier called. I track the parcel on the Hermes website, it states it has been delivered and there is an accompanying map with a pin at his address, along with photograph showing the parcel on his doorstep. I show this to the buyer, who insists there was no parcel on the step and that this has happened more than once recently with Hermes. He asks me to refund him and claim the money back from Hermes. I admit I was slightly suspicious at this point, so I told him to open a case with eBay as I wanted their guidance.   26/11/21 – The buyer opens an “item not received” case with eBay. I update the case with tracking information and details of what has happened.   28/11/21 – I raise an incident on the Hermes website.   29/11/21 – I receive an email from Hermes Support asking me to complete a Loss Claim Form, and for the buyer to complete a Denial Of Receipt form.   2/12/21 – The eBay case is automatically closed in my favour. However, the buyer immediately appeals and the decision is reversed. A full refund is given and deducted from my own funds.  Hermes Support email me acknowledging the completed claim form and state that it will be assessed within 28 working days.   13/12/21 – I chase Hermes for an update. No response.   29/12/21 – Hermes Support email me saying the proof of value I sent does not display the customers name and address. I email them back with one that does.   30/12/21 – Hermes Support email me apologising for the problem with my delivery and tell me I should speak directly to the client. I reply, stating I AM the client, and summarise the details of the initial claim. I receive a further reply telling me to pursue the matter with Inpost as they are regarded as the carrier. I questioned why they had opened a claim, sent me forms etc only to pass the buck almost a month later, but was met with a generic response. I then sent a detailed email to Inpost Customer Care, along with the supporting documents I’d sent to Hermes.   31/12/21 – Inpost Customer Care reply to my email and tell me it is in fact Packlink I need to raise a claim through.   1/1/22 – Claim opened with Packlink. They email me an Affidavit to complete. I complete the form and send it back along with all supporting evidence previously sent to Hermes (and Inpost!).   2/12/22 – A Packlink representative emails me to request the Affidavit again as I have not provided a handwritten signature. I reply, informing them that the signature was indeed handwritten.   12/1/22 – Packlink email me to say their investigation is complete and has been passed to the Claims department for the final evaluation.   19/1/22 – Packlink email me to confirm my compensation claim for loss has been accepted, and the amount of £25 plus the cost of postage will be refunded to my bank account.     I realise that I am in a bad position here, having not taken out extra insurance. However, Hermes own terms and conditions define a Safe Place as "a location which is not an exposed doorstep or otherwise in public view". Surely the courier is in breach of these terms by leaving a parcel unattended on a doorstep?   I have read through a few of these threads but can't find a similar situation where a parcel was stolen from outside a property. Any advice would be gratefully received.
    • I'm actually not sure on dates but all were before 2008 some accounts were probably opened before 2002. Other than contacting the DCA for the information. Egg was a loan for each of us and a credit card  Hoist and Moorcroft all store cards Lloyd's were credit cards Hfc was for a laptop  HSBC credit card Barclays bank I think was an overdraft 
    • So am I basically just now hoping  for the best, that the Sheriff knows his stuff!? 
    • Hi again uncle,   Tyvm for replying again. Well I'm not one to just sit around and wait. Which can be a real pain in the posterior tbh. So I put in a complaint against my homeless housing officer for ignoring my emails etc for over a month. As you know time is of the essence for me.   I received a phone call from his manager tonight, who was extremely apologetic and really nice tbh. The end result he would basically speak to my hho and speed things up for me and oversee my case now. He also promised me that me and my son would not be put in a local hostel as we are a family. This was something that was scaring the life out of me as I have heard sooooo many bad stories about the place. Oh he also said he wouldn't gatekeep me. Hmmm we shall see.   With regards to a doctors letter, I have got absolutely no chance! My doctor is not a very nice man. That's IMHO. I phoned him a while back telling him my mental health was spiralling out of control because of what is happening and he was like, "well it will, what do you expect?" and he can't/won't help me with my housing issues etc. It was basically put up and shut up off him.    Now my LL and I are on good terms and always have been. We did have a bit of a bumpy week or so when I originally received my illegal notice as I didn't believe anything his was telling me, but we solved that and have moved forward.    He is well aware that I am disabled, agoraphobic, and housebound as I have asked him if OT could put handrails, and a backdoor step in his house and also if I could install a chairlift. He said yes btw. So I really have no need of a doctors letter to him.   There is a list of HAs on the councils website and I have emailed everyone that was applicable to me. I have received only 4 replies to date and only 1 of them had an open list. The open one seem to only have 1 bedroomed properties upto now. But I will keep checking.   Is there anything else I can do? There must be so many things I'm missing out. I'm going mad just sitting around all the time and waiting for the days to pass by! Waiting for the 14th of February when my Section 21 runs out. Then knowing I have to wait again for my LL to take me to court for a possession order. Then probably waiting again for my LL then having to get the bailiffs in to get me out,  as the council will probably make me stay even though they say they won't.   I'm so sick of crying, having terrible terrible panic attacks, not eating, sleep up the wall, being sick, etc, etc.   Thanks again, Lava
  • Our picks

Halifax Data Protection Helpline

paul

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

They have since removed this and are giving a new number, however on th new number there is a recorded message stating statements will be with you within the 40 days and that's it. You don't have the option of talking to anyone.

The number to call now to get through to Customer Relations (who helped me) is:

08457 253 519

Good luck all.

Saynoto0870 says the geographical number is 01422 333880.

Not sure is 08457 are charged at a higher rate than 01422 numbers, but it's always worth checking.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Paul

11/12 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks