HFO claimform - old Morgan Stanley Card Debt **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received second card from these today previous one in December.

I ignored first one as it seemed dodgy and when searched on this site found out what it was. unfortunately was out and partner rang back and left message .not received any phone calls as yet.

In between these cards have had 3 letters from turbull their solicitors threatening with a charging order on property.

please advice next course of action.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Credit card default from 2 years ago, changed address company would not accept new address as i had chopped up card as not to use,unable to make payments.Could not change address without card details.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Broken Arrow,

I would first ring the National Debt line, or Payplan, who can also help mediate agreements for you.

Secondly, Try not to let the HFO letter from their 'solicitor's worry you.

Firstly they have to provide you with all relavent documents, such as CAR and a deed of assignement.

HFO are horrible, whatever you do don't deal with them on the phone unless you can record the conversations.

They will write threatening with menaces and intimidation - don't cave in.

Read the debt collection library on dealing with debt collectors.

If they choose to take you to court, they of course will have all this information to hand... so it shouldn't be too much trouble to give it over when requested now should it? :D

Also, report this action with the First logistics to :

Edward Thevaraj [email protected]

Make an official complaint - it will only reinforce the OFT's case if and when they seek to take legal action against them.

thanx for info so far will inform OFT regarding firstdirect cards

not had any calls as yet from HFO/firstdirect/turnbull but not worried as i wont be bullied.

The only way I will pay any money to these people is if they take me to court and they win.

Would be prepared to pay off debt with original creditor at the amount at the time of default £2000 pound added in costs and interest as of last letter of Turnbull. (The original amount £4500 when they would not accept any payments and closed my internet account which I always used to pay my bill).

I did not think they could get a charging order without CCJ ing me first as far as I am aware no CCJ.

Was never informed by Morgan Stanley that they had sold the debt but then they would never accept my new address( informed them 3 times 2 verbal over phone 1 letter which was last correspondence)

• 2 weeks later...

Have today recieved court claim form from HFO/ Turnbulls for Northampton CC.On the claim form it states I had been issued with Deed of assignment which I have not.please advise on action to be taken.

If i have not recieved deed of asignment can they still take this to court.

Hi there

I think you may be confusing the Deed of Assignment with a Notice of Assignment.

there is no legal requirement for them to send you the deed as it would most likely contain privileged information, however they must , for the assignment to be legally valid, send you a notice of assignment and this must be served in the correct manner

i think we need a little more information on this case to see if there are any flaws within their case

Apologies for my legal ignorance, reading the claim form again it states it as a letter of assignment, which i have never received.

HFO bought debt off Morgan stanley last year.

Morgan stanley would not take any payments after i moved house 2 years ago as i could not change my address .

i was making payments upto this point via internet acount but as i had destroyed card so not to use.To change details on line needed info off card I phoned them to give same info but same answer told to inform them in writing which I did.Did not here from them again they closed internet account so defaulted on payments.started to recieve cards through door of Firstdiect logistics saying they had a delivery for me.then recieved letters off their solicitors staing they would apply for charging order on property.

recieved court claim form today.

Ah ok, well the fact is that they would need to prove service of the notice of assignment for it to be valid and that would be in the form of proof of posting, they would not however have needed to send it via recorded delivery

i hope this helps

I have now filed acknowledgment of service, how long before i have to submit my defence.

I have requested information they hold on me in order to file a defence do I need to send a seperate request for copy of the Credit agreement.

I have now filed acknowledgment of service, how long before i have to submit my defence.

I have requested information they hold on me in order to file a defence do I need to send a seperate request for copy of the Credit agreement.

Hi BA

As the claim has been issued from the Northampton bulk centre you have 5+14 days from the date of issue to acknowledege the claim, which you have already done. This then means you have 5+28 days from the date of issue to submit your defence.

You can also phone the court and ask them to confirm the date for you.

Cheers

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Have today finally recieved a notice of assignment today from Morgan Stanley informing me they have sold the debt to HFO from May last year.

very suspicous as i believe the letter is from HFO as postcode on envelope SW19 same as them and letter signed Morgan Stanley bank international limited.

oh dear, thats not very good is it

(4) Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter addressed to the lessee, lessor, mortgagee, mortgagor, or other person to be served, by name, at the aforesaid place of abode or business, office, or counting-house, and if that letter is not returned [F1 by the postal operator (within the meaning of the Postal Services Act 2000) concerned] undelivered; and that service shall be deemed to be made at the time at which the registered letter would in the ordinary course be delivered

• Haha 1

Am i right in saying that they should have issued notice before they started court proceedings and can any of this be used in my defence.

You are right - and this is VERY important.

Can you type up what they actually put in the Particualrs of Claim box on the blue form that you got from the court. This will help people (pt2537 especially) to help with doing a defence for you if you need some help

Be careful with this lot. If it moves towards court, you'll probably receive a (backdated) letter, probably never actually sent and certainly not received by you, assigning the debt from HFO Capital to HFO Services - this is their way of getting around locus standii issues, because the owner of the debt is registered in the Cayman Islands. They are very, very sneaky. Keep all envelopes etc, and log everything!

Look forward to posting my own experiences shortly...

POC

The Claimant HFO Capital Limited is a debt purchase company.

The Claim is for monies due under a regulated interest bearing credit agreement.The assignee HFO Capital Limited purchased the defendants account and all rights and obligations attaching therto from the original lender on **/**/****.

The original lender was Morgan stanley/Goldf

a letter of assignment has been provided to the defendant previously.

the claiment also claims interest theron pusuant toS.69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8.00% up to the date of of ( their typo not mine) judgement or earlier payment in full at the rate of 1.23 per day.

Contractual interest was accruing on this debt prior to issue and will continue to acrue at the rate of 12% after judgment.