No Hoper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am at my wits end. Rory you have ben a rock but I cant take any more of this pressure. Since my wife and I split I am unindated with demands from multilple creditors..all my fault. iI am drowning but do firmly believe they are all SB'd. Rory you have been a godsend. I feel I am cornered my debts total approx £40+ and i have no fight left. I have managed to side step them for the last 5+ years but my will is waining. I am thinking of sequestration, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yours in anticipation,

John

John if the debts are statute barred then your obligation to pay them is legally extinguished. Can you list the creditors, types of accounts and the companies/DCA's that are currently pursuing you? You don't need to list the amounts.

This will help us formulate an action plan.

From what you have stated you really have no grounds for sequestration and no need to worry about the accounts. How are these people contacting you - is it telephone calls as well as letters?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory,

I appreciate all your help and advice, but hey are mainly contacting me by letter. The main one are Mackenzie Hall who appear to have the info from the most ' valauble' accounts circa £28K. The rest comes in dribs and drabs from various others..Lowell finance, Connaught and others,.

I really cant take any more.

Sorry, John

Okay have you sent Mackenzie Hall the statute barred letter? And don't apologise - I know this is stressful but in reality these people are all bark and no bite. They have no legal powers full stop.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I realise what you are saying , but i really cant go on, my life really sucks and I do appreciate all your help Rory but there comes a time when you have to draw a line under this nonsense. I have a good some tucked away with my brother in cash to leave my kids and that is all that matters, so thanks a bunch mate but my bed is made.

Rory,

Not contemplating anything daft just ****ed off with all the aggro and hassle. Will take on board any positive info.

Cheers

John

If you are really considering sequestration (you can now self sequestration for balance over £1500) and feeling this low then I think you need to actually speak to someone rather than do this through an internet site. I would suggest that you speak to National Debtline. Debts are not the end of the world and in your case they certainly should not be effecting you at all.

Not contemplating anything daft just ****ed off with all the aggro and hassle.

Good, I was getting worried about you. So have you sent Mucky Hall the statute barred letter yet.

Remember to send it recorded delivery. Keep us updated on how you are getting along.

Hi Rory,

Many thanks for the advice and help last night , much appreciated. Sent the letter to MH as suggested and will await the outcome with interest. Feel a lot more positive today, mainly due to your conscience and empathy.

Many thanks yet again

John

Glad you're feeling a lot more positive today. Remember it's for them to demonstrate that any debt exists. Any trouble you have with this please let us know and we'll help you.

My heart really goes out to you, you hang on in there. Once you get that first company to bog off you will feel so much stronger, especially if it goddam mackenzie hall. The sense of empowerment when you know you can fight them and you know they are in the wrong will come.

Have seen so many people hounded by these companies, sick and tired of it, then I've seen these people send them packing and get a life back, you'll do it.

Good lucksmilie.gif

Edited by Dipply75
dodgy typing!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Rory,

Not contemplating anything daft just ****ed off with all the aggro and hassle. Will take on board any positive info.

Cheers

John

What a fright I got, I am glad you posted the above cause I was getting more worried with each post!

I know there's a lot to take in and when you are drowning you feel just like giving up. Been there, done it and wore many a t-shirt.

But once you start that ball rolling, as you have, the more confident you will feel. Start with the ones thats on at you the most.

and Yes I agree, Rory is a saint :grin:

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hang on in there John! Chin up and be positive!

Although debt can cause major problems, isn't the end of the world.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying, have had a hectic time of late. I really have appreciated all the support and it has made me more determined than ever to fight back. Have started the ball rolling with MacHall...no reply, what a surprise, and also Lowell Financial. All my debts are now SB'd and I have documented proof to support this, so I will sit tight and pick them off one by one.

Cheers people you have been an inspiration.