Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Holding my hands up I was a naughty boy driving a transit van along the A55 in Wales in February and exceeded 60mph in what I thought was a 70mph zone. ( all to do with the weight of the van). When I realised the error of my way I took the fine and sent my licence off by Royal Mail. Yesterday I received a letter from North Wales Police saying that I was now being prosecuted in court for failing to surrender my licence. I paid the fine as soon as I received the £100 penalty letter and carefully read the form ( which is confusing to say the least) and immediately took a walk to the post box and sent my licence off. In hindsight I’m a fool for believing that the licence would get to the HMCS in Loughborough without the need to track and trace the letter. I still believe that Royal Mail hasn’t lost the letter with my licence in it as I have never had any other letter go astray. I believe the licence is with HMCS it’s just not yet been processed probably due to Covid backlog. Seems Covid is to blame for everything these days. How can I avoid this going to court? I’ve never had a speeding ticket in over thirty years of driving or any other ticket hence why I was keen to comply with the ticket and send my licence off as instructed.
    • Rejection letter to be sent to the FOS   I am declining your decision of 13th April for the following reason:   Much of your decision is predicated on your view that Aviva had a “process” in place and that they follow this process and as a result the decision to enter an insurance contract in 2015 was fair. 1.      Nowhere in your decision have you explained what the process was and whether in fact the process was fair. Clearly your view is that regards of the process, all that was needed was for Aviva apparently to follow this process and any outcome would be fair.   2.      On 2 June 2021 I received a telephone call from the Aviva complaint team. During the conversation, they informed me that in fact that in 2015 the call handler had been wrong and had not followed the correct process. The Aviva caller told me that it was not part of the process for the call handler in 2015 to refer her suspicions to her manager. Clearly, if the call handler in 2015 had adhered to the correct process and allowed herself to be guided by her own suspicions then Aviva would not have agreed to provide the insurance cover and they would not have become the victim of fraud. In fact that we find is that the correct process at the very serious suspicions of the call handler were overridden by a manager. It seems evident that either Aviva has misled you as to the nature of the process or else they have not disclosed their process to you. It may even be that they do not have a written “process”. They only have “a way of doing things”. If it is correct that you have not seen the Aviva process but have simply taken their word for it, then it is clear that your investigation and your decision has for the short of any reasonable standards. If on the other hand Aviva has misled you as to the nature of the process, then I think you have a very serious issue with Aviva. I believe that you have ever seen the “process” upon which you are purporting to rely on your decision. You may be interested to know that the man who defrauded Aviva also attempted to use my identity to defraud a number of loan companies. I’m pleased to say that all of them exercise sufficient diligence that they did not become victims of the fraud. Only Aviva failed to exercise proper care and allowed themselves to be defrauded. You may also be interested to know that the police have interviewed me and they have interviewed my brother and they are preparing to charge my brother in respect of his fraudulent activity. I am under no suspicion whatsoever. The police have informed me that they will be speaking with Aviva facing fairly soon. There are many other reasons why I am refusing to accept your decision. All the other reasons turn on the fairness of your decision that the reasons above, go to the heart of your own process and the quality of your investigation. I think it’s not insignificant that I have submitted a Freedom of Information Act request and also a Data Protection Subject Access Request to you and so far you have failed to respond within statutory deadlines. I have also sent Aviva a Subject Access Request and they have extended the deadline for compliance by a full two months for spurious reasons which I do not believe. I have also asked Aviva for sight of their policies and procedures in respect of the rules that they apply to their customers for the setting up of new business and I have received no response. The Aviva website makes a show of being aware of the dangers of domestic financial abuse and they trumpet their association with the organisation Surviving Economic Abuse and they say that their staff are all trained in spotting the signs. I have asked to see their abuse policy and I have received no response. None of this is surprising.    It is clear that Aviva have acted carelessly. They were suspicious but preferred to get the new business. It is Aviva which is the victim of fraud but they prefer to try and avoid their responsibility and pass the buck onto me. I’m pointing out that it is Aviva which is the victim of fraud because I can state categorically now that I have no intention of paying any of the money which Aviva is demanding of me. I notice that Aviva prefers to harass me for an alleged debt rather than simply bring a claim in the County Court where an impartial judge would look at all the evidence including information which so far Aviva has declined to disclose.   This letter is intended to decline to accept your decision but also is intended to be my formal complaint which I wish to be escalated to the Independent Assessor. Please confirm receipt of this complaint, provide me with any policies and guidelines the Independent Assessor route and also let me know the timescales involved.   Yours faithfully
    • The G7 hasn't gone to plan, has it?   Rather than showing the UK off as a potential global leader, Johnson has probably started a trade war with the EU and is being told that other nations don't trust him.
    • Hi   I assume this mattress was the Tenants own property?   So after moving out the Tenants provided an attachment showing a stained mattress and wanting full deposit back and threatening to claim against you for this.   1. Tenants failed to notify you of this stained mattress issue until the end of tenancy after they had vacated the property.   2. You have no evidence that this was the actual mattress used in that property nor evidence to back up there claim the staining caused this mattress damage.  (i.e. one of them could have had an accident and wet the bed or done this when they moved from the property).     3. Ask them that you wish the mattress independently inspected. (which you are fully entitled to do and if it proves this claim is false it will be added to the deposit claim by you the landlord for damages as well as the Garden if you need to get landscapers in to carry out the work that should have been carried out by Tenants as per Tenacy Agreement and raised  by yourself (Landlord) on a few occasions which Tenants failed to rectify even at end of tenancy.   4. Ask them to provide you with the contact details of there Contents Insurance Company (tenants whether Private or Social Housing should always take out and have Contents Insurance but is up to that tenant) bet they don't provide it Big question is the Deposit protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and those Tenants that have left were given a copy of the Prescribed Terms for that TDS? (Bear in mind you may need to tell TDS that you are in dispute with the Tenant about damages i.e. mattress and Garden)    
    • plenty of time to research and calm down. nothing much to do until the end of june.    
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Esure have slightly annoyed me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Firstly thanks to my wife for letting me use her account and get this off my chest.



Secondly I know I may have been a bit daft, but still very annoyed as I hope you will see!



I own a Nissan 100NX with insurance valid until 22nd August 2008 with Admiral, I recently bought a Hyundai Coupe and insured it with Esure (via the website). I could not bare to part with the Nissan so kept it. Esure requested my Proof of No Claims Discount, so I sent them my documentation from the Nissan. Today (6th May 2008 ) I received a letter form Esure saying that as my policy is still valid it is not acceptable proof of No Claims Discount.



I phoned Esure and was told that as it is 'common knowledge' that you can not use valid insurance to transfer to another car, I asked where this was quoted in the policy documentation and was told 'as it is common knowledge the FSA have said insurance companies do not need to quote this anywhere in their policy documents'



This does make sense once I thought about it, but just to check I phoned the FSA and was told they do not and have not made that rule. They gave me two bits of advice 1. Phone Esure and ask for evidence of where the FSA say this 2. Ask Esure if they will keep both policies open and raise my excess until the Nissan policy expires.



I phoned Esure back and explained I was a bit annoyed at being lied at especially as I was told the FSA had given this advice. The lady on the phone said 'I apologise on behalf of the previous agent you spoke to and the company, actually not the company just the other agent.' She could not help me with the other enquiry about excess but the sales manager would phone me back before 8 (15 minutes to go!).



I would like to know if anyone thinks I have valid grounds for a complaint, or just put it down to experience.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Most companies will only allow you to use your no claims discount on one vehicle at a time, although some do allow an introductory discount for a second car. I assume that is what the Esure adviser meant when they said you cannot use valid insurance to transfer to another car.


However, if you don't use the Nissan as much as the Hyundai Coupe, it would make sense to transfer the NCD to the new car, which should be allowed. Hopefully it will all be sorted out when the sales manager calls you back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers mate, like I said once I thought about it it made sense what he said, it's just the being lied to that annoys me! I think I may have a bit more leverage for them to allow me to transfer NCD to Hyundai.


Not looking to buy a Nissan 100NX are you? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get this question a lot so I'll explain it here in the hope that more people don't fall into the same situation.


Most insurers websites will ask you to input how many years NCD you have.

Next to this, there is usually a little icon (usually a question mark).

If you click this, it brings up a pop up box which clarifies what they need in regards to proof of you NCD. In Esures case it reads :


"no claim discount years


You will get 70% off immediately if you currently have 5 years NCD or more, and an extra 1% per year for the next 5 claim-free years with esure, to a maximum of 75% off!


We will need you to provide us with proof of your no claim discount. This can either be your last renewal notice or a letter from your current or a previous insurer confirming your discount entitlement. Please note you cannot use the same no claim discount on more than one policy at the same time. We will only accept original documents"


With online quotes/acceptances, the onus is purely on the customer to read the terms/conditions carefully and ensure they have the correct cover they need.


Obviously the consultants you spoke to at Esure should know this and should have advised you of this the first time you call in, the stuff about the FSA is just a load of crap. (as you've found out!)


Bottom line is, i'd agree with lemontwist and suggest you try and remove the NCD from the old car, pay whatever AP admiral ask for, then use the NCD on the newer car.

Either that or try and find a company that will allow the NCD on both cars by mirroring the NCD on the first one onto the second.



Hope this helps




If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)


"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...