Lowell Portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As my last thread was getting out of hand, I have started a new one here. I have received a second letter from Lowells about an alleged debt I last paid in 2004. It was for some furniture and the OC was Cetelem UK. I have been viewing this site for the last few weeks and it has given me confidence to fight back. I will send Lowells, curlybens Prove it letter (yes Saintly 1, it's the same) and see what they come back with. Thank you for all the support and I apologise for the confusion on my last thread. I was asking about the success rate of OC's being able to produce a CCA. ODC what do you mean when you say;

It really depends on what the ALLEGED debt is for as to the success rate of a CCA application. If its a debt covered by the CCA then a CCA letter to them would be the next step

AS I say it is an alleged debt on a buy now pay later agreement for furniture, last paid in 2004. Edited by Strand08
To clarify my points, from my last thread.

Seems to be happening a lot lately.

Lowells seem to be trying to get a lot of alleged debts, we had one earlier in the year after 3 months we got a sorry we dont have a credit agreement. Good luck with yours

Threads merged. Please stick to one thread.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Oops, sorry. I am confusing myself. I was asking about the success rate of OC's being able to produce a CCA. ODC what do you mean when you say;

Quote:

It really depends on what the ALLEGED debt is for as to the success rate of a CCA application. If its a debt covered by the CCA then a CCA letter to them would be the next step

AS I say it is an alleged debt on a buy now pay later agreement for furniture, last paid in 2004:confused:

Right then you need to get the CCA letter off to Lowells. Send it recorded delivery. Enclose a £1 postal order and DO NOT SIGN the letter.

When they respond scan and post the agreement of here (remove personal details) and we will tell you if its enforcable or not

• 7 months later...

hi all recived a letter today from macdonald rankin and parners saying that they were acting on behalf of lowell finances and due to not acknowleding the debt they are going to take me to court or send a sheriff around to my house

this debt is over 6 years old and i have never acknowledge it since i lived in my new house or made any payment for well over seven years

any advice i have sent eve letter back

thanks

Did you send the CCA request?

If so send letter from library "Account In Dispute" to clownells & solicitors.

Lowell Financial (Monument) No CCA - File Closed ** WON**:D

1st Credit (Citi Financial) No CCA - Credit Report Marked 'Satisfied' ** WON **:D

American Express No CCA - Pending

RBS Mint No CCA - Pending

CL Finance (Morgan Stanley) No CCA - In Court:eek:

HSBC - No CCA - In Court:eek:

Link Financial (MBNA) No CCA - Pending

hi all recived a letter today from macdonald rankin and parners saying that they were acting on behalf of lowell finances and due to not acknowleding the debt they are going to take me to court or send a sheriff around to my house

this debt is over 6 years old and i have never acknowledge it since i lived in my new house or made any payment for well over seven years

any advice i have sent eve letter back

thanks

Hi bingos,

If you haven`t aknowledged the debt in over 6 years, then it will be statute barred, so you`ll need to send the statute barred letter.

Could you start a new thread for this and paste a link here so we can find it and follow it through with you?

Hope this helps.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

....or completely ignore them and retain your privacy.

If they are stupid enough to attempt home visits or court action on a statute barred debt, shout it from the rooftops and make sure everyone from the OFT to your MP knows about it.

Well, yeah, there is that as well :cool:

Don`t forget to totaly insult and abuse the crank who comes banging on your door, as they are simply no-bodies with no powers at all.

Knock him out and say he came into your house and threatened your family, and of course you have to defend yourself.

Don`t forget to shread his ID if he has any :p

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Don`t forget to shread his ID if he has any :p

Advice from Consumer Direct is to take the ID off the caller and leave them outside the (locked) door while you verify their identity on the phone. If they turn out to be false, and do a runner, you still have the ID they provided to be able to give to the Police. If they refuse to allow you to take the ID you tell them to 'go away', then call the Police.

If they are a doorstepper from a DCA you follow this procedure but, while you are trying to call their office, their ID may just fall into your shredder... Like it!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.