Capquest/HL - claimform Cap1 debt *OH gave in £30PCM*

rogermeard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rung the Court up today and explained to them what was happening.

They informed me i have to take it up with CQ directly in a letter with a copy of the CCJ setting out the figures involved.

They also said we should only continue to pay what the CCJ orders to and only pay up to the figure stated on the CCJ.

They informed me that the claimant cannot add interest after a judgement, no matter what they try on.

Especially as the debt was for less than £5000.

Hi there, letter affixed. You need to enclose a copy of the judgement order. Keep a copy of the letter and send by recorded delivery. Access the royalmail website in a few days to print of the signature receipt - keep this in a safe place with all other documents which relate to this case.

Have you checked they cashed the cheque you sent? did you send by recorded delivery and enclose a covering letter or write your name and case number on the back?

If the cheque has been cashed insert "which has been cashed by yourselves" after "The first payment was made by cheque"

Ell

Roger Meard Capquest letter.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If it puts your mind at rest let the CAB speak with these idiots.

Statutory interest does not accrue post judgment. FACT.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE...........

Got a letter from CQ yesterday, stating that no payments are shown on the statement as we didn't start making payments until October (true)

Also they realise they have made a mistake in the calculations on the statement and have apologised and agree with the figure that we presented to them.

They have sent a revised statement showing our payments and the CORRECT figures, so all is ok now.

Big thanks to Ell-enn for the letter and all you others offering support/advice.

That's good news, well done for taking them on! - hope you and your good lady can now relax :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.