PCN's cause stress and anxiety. HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

irst and foremost I'd like to say what a fantastic site this is, full of great advice regarding PPC's PNC's.

I do however have a few concerns regarding following through with this advise. To briefly summarize what happened to me yesterday; I received a PNC under my window wiper after returning to my car after 3 hrs in a Euro Car Parks patrolled carpark at Homebase in Newcastle Under Lyme. The max stay at this car park is 1.5 hrs, but chose to stay longer as I was with a friend who'd parked 10 mins before and told me he saw no one patrolling and was adamant we wouldn't get a ticket, i trusted his judgement as he lives in the area and parks there frequently. (Incidentally my friend was extremely lucky and didn't get a ticket.)

While I admit to not shopping in Homebase and parking there for too long (the ticket has recorded me to be there for 2hrs 11mins), I refuse to fork out £50 of my hard earned cash in way of compensation. There's just no way this reflects any loses the land owner or the PPC have made due to my actions. The car park was around %75 full and was clearing signed. This is why I signed up to this forum after reading through hundreds of posts for 8 hours yesterday.

My concerns are these:

1: Have searched extensively through this site, I've found little evidence of anyone documenting a "win" against these **** bags. Whether that be the PPC just giving up, not showing up at court, or loosing the case at court. Sure people have documented various stages (letters received/sent) of the process but never seem to follow through with a conclusion. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

2: I've never been 100% committed to following advice given in a FORUM as there's no official standpoint in law. While the advice seems logical and makes a great deal of sense, to which I applaud you all, there are plenty of disclaimers regarding the info given.

3: If PPC's are indeed operating a borderline legal extortion racket, why have I not found any websites with any kind a official weight behind them? (BBC, Martin Lewis, Governmental, Which?)

4: Should I go back to the site to see if CCTV is in operation at the car park? The last thing I wanna do is ask them to prove it only to find photos in the post showing me as the driver.

I did consider sending ECP a cheque for £25 claiming I felt this was a fair amount for my mistake and saying by accepting and cashing the cheque would constitute and end to the matter. To be honest I can't be doing with the anxiety, stress and worry of waiting for the 'threatening' letters to arrive on my doorstep and just feel like paying the full amount to get rid of them, but by the same token, I am very angry about this and want to put up a fight.

HELP!!!!!! What should I do???? Can anyone give advise on any of the concerns I have?? Should I dispute?

Many thanks

Geronimoman.

Thanks for the feed back. Not sure what you are implying! I'm new to forum banter! First time I've used any forum in fact. I've since been pointed in the direction of the Excel case by another forum member as well and shall look at it in due course. Just seems I couldn't find many people saying "I challenged XXX PPC and won". I guess I'm just a little apprehensive in taking on a large company without something SET IN STONE saying you will win.

Barnsley Boy

Thanks for the prompt feed back. I'll be honest I'm not a huge risk taker and the fact is, although unlikely, they can take me to court and to be frank, its a risk I'm not willing to take. The point of my post was to see if anyone could come forward and say yes I did challenge and won, or point me in the direction of other websites that have info of a more official nature. This comment is made with no disrespect to the hundreds of people that are clearly more knowledgable than me on the subject but have to use a disclaimer clear any liability on their part.

Many thanks again for your feed back. I'm going to consider what i do next over the next day or two!!!....

But you are not "challenging" a PPC. Your best option is to completely ignore them or to use the template letters on this forum. The chances of them taking you to court are very, very small.

There are no documented cases of a PPC winning a court case against a properly defended motorist. In the unlikely event you did go to court, there are plenty of experts on here willing to help you. You have nothing to worry about. DON'T pay these [problematic]!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Robin9342. Its greatly appreciated. I've looked at the template letters and they are bookmarked and ready to use should I decide to go ahead with a dispute.