Essayeffsee v HSBC

Essayeffsee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There seem to be a lot of different paths with HSBC.. Weezy was paid out as soon as she went to MCOL..

Others have had nothing,

I have filed with MCOL and then their solicitors wanted copies of schedules....but eventually offered me my money.. (haven't had it yet mind but have been offered it...)

I think they just try different tacts with a percentage of each in the hope that you might just go away....BUT YOU WON'T!!!!

soon.... soon..... (that American fridge in Curries is just waiting for me to get paid!!)

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

Help please. (well more!)

My MCOL is now up and Ive heard absolutely nothing from HSBC since it was issued.

What do I do now? Ive just been on MCOL and I cant do anything on there - says Im not allowed to when I try and indicate that they havent replied or done anything.

I hope Im close to the cash but Im not sure!

Essayeffsee

I am pretty sure that they have got until midnight tonight to respond therefore you wont be able to do anything on MCOL until their time runs out. It may be that because of the bank holiday they have got the extra day to respond. Im not 100% on this but I seem to remember reading it on someone else's post. If in doubt just ring MCOL and tell them your concerns.

I have still not heard a thing and I won last Tuesday, I am giving them until Friday before sending the bailiffs in.

Regards

Magic

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

Thanks Magic.

The only contact Ive had so far was just after filing my claim was a letter off Northampton County Court saying they had until August 27th to reply. Ive had nothing.

I will give them until tomorrow before doing something.

Any thoughts apart from Bailiffs - I just want a cheque!!

I will give them until tomorrow before doing something.

Any thoughts apart from Bailiffs - I just want a cheque!!

Phone the court TODAY! just confirm with them when you can start judgement or HSBC may get a defence in today. Don't hang around and give them extra time. Let me know what the court says ;)

Hi

I've been following this thread as I'm at a similar stage - my MCOL was deemed served on 13 Aug and HSBC had until Sunday (27 Aug) to reply. I have received nothing in the post and there is no change to the status of anything on the MCOL website. Do I just now go ahead and start judgement? Should I wait until this morning's post just in case?!

Thanks

Right, well, nothing came with postie so I've started judgement!

Thanks for the advice - will just wait and see what happens next - any idea how long it might be before hearing something/receiving £££? I've requested payment 'immediately' on the MCOL form.

Cheers

hello!

i'm so new to all of this and am starting to read my way through all the necessary bits of information in order to try and get my head around everything i need to know. i've managed to work out so far, that since november 2005 i have paid a grand total of £1387 in charges, most of which are because i have gone over drawn, even though i've never had an agreed over draft.

HSBC have been charging me £125 a time for having done so. in some cases, i have gone over drawn by as much as £100 even though i didn't know i was doing so. does this therefore mean that their £125 charge is legal? i'm trying to figure out whether or not i can make a claim.

i've been with HSBC since the age of 12 (i'm now 22) and they've done nothing but mess me around. i'm now a struggling student, and tried desperatly to change my account to a student one, but was not allowed to, as i've accidentally gone over drawn one two many times (even though, as i previously said, i've never had an over draft) and this has given me a bad credit rating. i simply cannot afford to be paying such high charges, or any at all, i don't earn enough as it is!!

if anybody could let me know whether they think i might be able to go ahead with a claim, then please let me know, as i will obviously need to start looking on line for my statements over the past 6 years or so. this could take some time!

i was also wondering... is it necessary for me to calculate the amount of charges i have paid over six years, or may i simply be able to claim for one or two? i'm worried that i may go over £5000 and have to pay to take the matter to court?

thank you in advance, for taking the time to read this at least. i'm truly grateful. well done to all those that have been successful, you're an inspiration!

cherry

thisis my problem, i have no idea whether i can even file a claim, and whether or not to claim for the whole 6 years, or just up to £5000 worth?

i'm so confused

but really need to try and get at least some of my money back!

Hi Cherry

Go to this link to see exactly what you can claim for -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

It sounds like you are claiming for 'TOTAL CHARGES' which is the same as I have claimed for, you can claim upto 6 years worth of charges at the moment (all of them).

I would suggest reading the FAQ's section as everything you need is in there and I would start your own thread as well so that your progress can be kept/watched easily.

Good luck

Regards

Magic

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

a ha! thank you Magic :) i am indeed claiming for 'total charges' it seems, that was a really helpfull bit of information!

most of the charges on my statements are for 'total charges' and 'card mis use' if i am claiming for both of these, do i have to make two seperarte claims, or cam i total them all together?

i have started my own thread now, sorry for invading this one - oopsy!

good luck everyone, and thank you for such a speedy response to my posts :)

cherry