Essayeffsee v HSBC

Essayeffsee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im trying to sort this out now.

Is it only the last 6 years we can claim for?

Does anyone have a copy of the letters they sent HSBC which were successful please and the people they sent them to?

Also is there a place which simply shows how to claim and what to do? There is so much great information here Im jsut getting lost!!

Thanks for all your help and if Im successful a proper donation will be forthcoming!

Good Luck all

IT

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

I am persuing a claim also - All of the letters that you need are in the library section - there is also a step by step guide in the FAQ section. go there and look at the stage you are at - then link this to the Library section - everything is "labelled" so you shouldn't get too stuck.

They normally respond to your letters - but is is usually quite negatively. Don't get disheartened - I am about to file a court claim tomorrow & i'm bricking it.

Good luck - Sarah

Firstly you should read this. It will explain everything you need to know. FAQ - Click Here

Secondly yes you can only claim back 6 years worth of charges.

Thirdly if you want to get things going asap and then while you are waiting for a response from the banks to then read through all the information is to send this letter first.

DPA Request

fourthly if it for the HSBC then send this letter to the following address.

Mr Alan Pretty

Senior Service Quality Officer

HSBC Bank Plc

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

I strongly recommend though that once you sent the DPA request to read through the FAQ

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Hi there,

I'm new too and I've found the best piece of advice is to read through as much as you can before you start your claim.

1. Go through as many posts relevant to your bank claim as possible - in this case, HSBC.

2. Read through all the FAQ's at the welcome page, this gives you a lot of basic but important information.

3. There are contact posts for HSBC which gives you the correct mailing address, this is the best one to start:

Senior Service Quality Officer, Service Quality Team, HSBC Bank PLC, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, LEEDS, LS11 0PP

4. All the letters can be found in the library.

Use the site map to navigate yourself, I have found this the best way to get around the site.

Hope this helps!

Smel

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Capital One *WON* Total £385 plus removal of default

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

NatWest Current Account *WON* Total £3500 plus removal of default

Yes Car Credit PPI Posting SAR and first letter this week...

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Thanks for all the help! I guess I am just to eager to get this going! Would be nice to get a holiday courtesy of my rebates sooner than later!!!

I think Ive read somewhere on this site that you can take the last 6 years off the HSBC internet banking site. Does anyone know if this is correct? Will take me a bit of time to find all the charges but Im sure by the end it will be worth it!!

Hello,

You can go onto Statements once you are online the HSBC banking site and it will list all the months of this year and then you can click next set to view all the previous year and so on to year 2000.... I guess it would take around 2 and a half hours which is what it took viewing my hardcopy paper statements... it will take around 30 days for the statements hardcopy to come in.

I called my bank and asked for them...

Hope this is of help.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

If I do the research of charges levied on the account myself by trawling through the dates, amount and any further info this will suffice so I dont need to wait the 40 days for the information to arrive.

I can do this tonight easily enough although hopefully it will take me a long time as it means there are a lot of charges to reclaim!!!

Ok there is a lot of people now using the internet banking to find out how much they have been charged over the last six years, but let me point something out. When doing this way you are missing out on information that you may need if it ever went to court. When you do a DPA request on there it asks them to also send any information regarding Manual Interventions and if there isn't any then please send a letter informing you that there is no Manual Interventions and that all the charges where done by Automation. This is the basis aswell that you start your claim on due to the fact that all the charges were automated and that you have got them to say they were not manual interventions. If it goes to court and you have not requested this information then they show in court that there was actually Manual Interventions on your file where a decision was made each time a cheque or dd was returned or paid and that it actually was a true reflection of the cost of the charge you have no grounds for the claim. This is highly unlikely to be the case but at least it covers your back.

Hope this is clear and valuable information for you to make your decision on what you wish to proceed with.

• Confused 1

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

After reading this Ive spent the afternoon going through my HSBC Account and working out how much money they owe me in Charges and Total Charges.

Its amazing how quickly the £30s add up as Ive come to a 4 number figure. This could be good!!!

I am sending the initial letter out tomorrow recorded delivery so they will get it by Monday morning.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions and I will keep you all informed.

For those who have been successful well done and for those who are still to try what are you waiting for?!!

Are bounced cheques also subject to getting the money back?

yup

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks Mav.

Im looking forward to doing this and Im already mentally spending the money! Im sending it tomorrow with the first letter outlining my intention of claiming as well as an Excel Spreadsheet outlining all charges from 2001.

Hopefully will get a result sooner than later!

Ok there is a lot of people now using the internet banking to find out how much they have been charged over the last six years, but let me point something out. When doing this way you are missing out on information that you may need if it ever went to court. When you do a Data Protection Act request on there it asks them to also send any information regarding Manual Interventions and if there isn't any then please send a letter informing you that there is no Manual Interventions and that all the charges where done by Automation. This is the basis aswell that you start your claim on due to the fact that all the charges were automated and that you have got them to say they were not manual interventions. If it goes to court and you have not requested this information then they show in court that there was actually Manual Interventions on your file where a decision was made each time a cheque or dd was returned or paid and that it actually was a true reflection of the cost of the charge you have no grounds for the claim. This is highly unlikely to be the case but at least it covers your back.

Hope this is clear and valuable information for you to make your decision on what you wish to proceed with.

that is true, but if you check the wording on the preliminary letter

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.

its covered, so you can use online banking, with no problems

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Letter sent off Recorded delivery today.

Keep you all informed.

will be interesting to see how our cases pan out as it looks like we're on the same timetable to the hour!! I sent mine recorded delivary at 12 pm :D

Definately Sharp.

Mine was the initial letter and I also included a list of charges to accompany it. I dont expect to hear too much and have already got the LBA to send waiting to go out on 22/7.

Would be good to get fully refunded by end of July and then can toast HSBC from a summer holiday!!!

no, maintain your intial timetable, some people advocate moving forward their timetable, because the bank has issued a final offer, personally i wouldnt

Thanks Maverick.

Interestingly HSBC rang me last night although couldnt really understand them too well as Swahili isnt my language of choice. It was something about informing me of more charges to go on the account. Wonder if this is as a result of receiving my preliminary letter on Monday morning!!