advise needed please - car repair and come back more faults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

took my car (307 peugeot) to dealership for recall and the whole electronics system renewing . they say thy have done this .

i was driving my car home form the dealers and was in rush hour traffic when the temperature gauge started rising fast .it graduall got upto 2/3 s when i got to my destination.

left it for a day then took it on motorway run . when i started car it the gauge went upto 1/3 staright away .then on high speed just below half way . tthen when in stand still traffic ,it rose to 2/3 again ..

something tells me this is the fans . now all was well before it went in for these repairs .

the question i need to ask . who would be liable to pay for this is , is it the dealers or myself .

thanks

ad

It does sound like the fan is not cutting in, but the first thing you need to do is to find what is causing it. You musn't jump right in and accuse the garage of messing something up, there is a thing call 'coincidence'.

It could be the sensor has gone to meet his maker or the motor has burnt out or seized, neither which would be caused by the wiring change.

Have you checked the little things like the plug not connected or the fuse blown?

hi there

yeah ,checked both all seems ok .

when you say coincidence .all was ok before it went to the dealers ,but once drove out of there it happens . so im in a dilema now on what to do .

what arguement would or can they have ?

There were some suspected underbonnet wiring faults Pat on the 93 - 96 models and there was a recall for checks and possible repairs if necessary.

You will need to know the fault before you take it back so that you can ask them to look at it with confidence.

Have you pulled the plug off the radiator switch and shorted it to rule out the fans? If they run when you do this then it is the switch.

There were some suspected underbonnet wiring faults Pat on the 93 - 96 models and there was a recall for checks and possible repairs if necessary.

Thanks for the info.

...but it's hardly the "whole electronics system" as stated by OP

sounds OK to me, if it does not overheat. the gauge is only a guide. the hotter it runs the efficient it is, without overheating that is.

does it go anywhere the RED zone?