HSBC letter. FSA suspend timetable ?

mrfog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

So like so many I have decided to reclaim my unfair charges and this morning I have received a letter from HSBC detailing what charges were applied over the past 6 years. However I am a little unsure how to proceed from here due to what the letter says. Here's a quote:

However, the bank (along with a number of other banks) has now become involved in legal proceedings with the Office Of Fair Trading ("OFT") in relation to bank charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues ragarding the fairness and legality of your bank charges.

It would be our normal approach to resolve any complaint you may have through our internal complaints process as quickly as possible. However, until the determination of the legal issues in the above proceedings, we have asked the FSA to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints , and the FSA has agreed to this request subject to conditions that protect your rights.

Would anyone please be kind enough to explain to me where I should go from here and what this means please? Is the bank just stalling?

Many thanks

Mark

Hiya mrfrog and welcome to the HSBC forum :).

You have received the standard HSBC stalling letter and we believe you should carry on with your claim regardless. Have a read of this thread which should explain things a bit more clearly to you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=166&a=117

Good luck

pete

Thank you very much for your reply. The FAQ has cleared a few things up for me. I fully intend to continue to persue this. Should I send them a letter simply requesting my charges be refunded or should I go straight for court action now? I apologise if I have missed the answer to this somewhere.

The suggested procedure is a request letter giving them 14 days to respond, then a letter before action again giving them 14 days to respond and then file your claim with the county court.

Once they have responded to a letter (if they respond at all) go to the next stage altering the "disappointed with the lack of response" to "disappointed with the response" in the first paragraph of the template letter.

pete

The suggested procedure is a request letter giving them 14 days to respond, then a letter before action again giving them 14 days to respond and then file your claim with the county court.

Once they have responded to a letter (if they respond at all) go to the next stage altering the "disappointed with the lack of response" to "disappointed with the response" in the first paragraph of the template letter.

pete

Pete you're an absolute star for helping and if I pull this off I will gladly make a donation to the upkeep of the site. Stay tuned.

Also, if you incur any new charges between now and when you file at court, you can just add these to your schedule of charges that you send with your letters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Also, if you incur any new charges between now and when you file at court, you can just add these to your schedule of charges that you send with your letters.
great stuff lads your helping another poor soul that's got caught by HSBC,Keep the good work up have a lovely bank holiday.

Lads? :eek: I'm a ladette lol

I hope you have a lovely bank holiday as well ANDENA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just thought I would say after asking for my money back I have now had another stalling letter back from HSBC saying the usual FSA stuff from the first one. I have now written back with my LBA. I wonder what they will say now?

They can and will use the same argument when you have filed your claim with the county court and you will have a stay placed on your claim pending the outcome of the test case.

We are still recommending you file your claim with the county courts though for a few reasons, not least of which is once you have filed your claim it attracts the County Courts Act section 69 interest at 8%.

Heres a thread that explains everything

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/139971-oft-abbey-others-april.html

pete