Whats my next move?

juanfran
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am attempting to claim back £640.00 in charges from Barclays on behalf of my partner.

Justr received a letter offering £300 in full & final settlement which I plan to reject.

In the step-by-step guide elsewhere on this forum it states:

C) You will be offered a partial refund but it will be offered as a "Full and Final" settlement of your claim. We would advise you to accept this - but only on the condition that is is a partial settlement and that you will continue with your claim to recover full funds.

Then it states:

(4)

If you are not offered a FULL refund then proceed to the Letter Before Action (LBA) in the library.

I have already prepared this letter. Do I need to include in it that I accept the £300 but only on the condition that is is a partial settlement and that I will continue with my claim to recover full funds?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Yes , you have to mitigate your loss so accept the figure telling them that you will persue them for the rest , make it clear you are rejecting all conditions attatched to the offer ( ie :in full and final settlement ) you can adjust your LBA to incorportate this .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

"Having received your letter dated ..... I accept the £300.00 offer from yourselves but I reject all your terms and conditions attached to the offer and will be perusing you for the balance of £340.00"

I personally would word it

" I accept the £300.00 offer from yourselves but I reject all your terms and conditions attached to the offer and will be perusing you for the remaining balance of £340.00"

Its just covers you from all angles if you use the word remaining, as they will be looking for anything to get them selves out of it. :)

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00