FirstPlus what a nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I have posted on the success forum I have won my claim against Central Capital/FirstPlus by going through the Financial Ombudsman, that part is good, very good. My problem now being getting the money out of them I still have no idea how much is coming to me and how much is going to the loan. The FO stated that I must be put back in the same financial position as I would have been had I not taken out the PPI. Original loan was for 29,500 with almost 7000 loaded on as a single premium, I don't know how much to expect back they are both blaming each other for the delay really had enough now though I was thrilled when I won, now I think they are playing mind games with me, would it take them this long to take money from me I doubt it. Any suggestions on speeding them up, the FO says that as far as he is concerned he has done his bit and the case is closed with him, I just hope it dosn't take them months I want my money back NOW!!!!!!!!!.:???: :???: :???: :???:

Fantastic news.

I have just started a claim direct with Firstplus and am waiting for their first real response.

I have done some basic calculations working on the following assumption :-

Original Loan £29,500

PPI £7000

Over payment each month = 7000/29500 = 23.7%

Assuming you are within 5 years, you have overpaid by at least 23.7% of each payment. This, plus interest should be the very least they should refund as cash, the rest should go back to the loan, prior to recalculation.

Just to be nosey, how long has your claim taken, from Firstplus rejecting you to the Financial Ombudsman saying you have won ?

Fantastic news.

I have just started a claim direct with Firstplus and am waiting for their first real response.

I have done some basic calculations working on the following assumption :-

Original Loan £29,500

PPI £7000

Over payment each month = 7000/29500 = 23.7%

Assuming you are within 5 years, you have overpaid by at least 23.7% of each payment. This, plus interest should be the very least they should refund as cash, the rest should go back to the loan, prior to recalculation.

Just to be nosey, how long has your claim taken, from Firstplus rejecting you to the Financial Ombudsman saying you have won ?

Don't wish to upset you but it was with the FO since last October only got decision the other week, mind you my first adjudicator left so I had to wait for another that might have delayed it i guess, it has been a long hard slog and I won't be happy until cheque is in the bank and I can look forward to lower payments hopefully. Good luck with yours.