• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clark v Natwest ***WON***

Clarky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats what im thinkin!!! Great minds eh sbb1979 lol

Well i'll have to do it tomorrow cos the letter is on my comp at work and im at home now!!!

Will update tomorrow when ive sent it! And if i get a reply, thats if she isnt too busy eh?? lol

Clark xx:razz:

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some quick words of encouragement (you asked for!):

GO CLARKY GO!!!

Fingers are very much crossed for you :D

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Thanks a lot Alexandra that wicked!!! I love the bright green!!!

Will post when (if) i get a response!!

Thanks again

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

STILL TO GO.......

Hi again all,

So this is what I am sending to Ms Burgoyne at Cobbetts this morning:

Dear Miss Burgoyne,

Please find attached a recent letter, which has been delivered to Natwest's registered office this morning. As you can see, this letter includes a schedule of charges as well as clarification of the account numbers relating to the above-mentioned claim.

I trust that both Natwest and yourselves have all of the necessary information to process this claim efficiently however, please feel free to contact me should you need to clarify any further information.

Yours Sincerely,

Can anyone give me any advice as to whether this is ok before i send it?? Much appreciated!

Clark xx:oops:

STILL TO GO.......

Anyone....need to send this before about 11.30am!

Cheers

Clarky xx:p

STILL TO GO.......

sounds ok to me, they tell us all that they dont have any details of claim, they are liars this is what I sent to them

Dear Sir or Madam:

Claim No:

I Acknowledge the receipt of the defence posted on behalf of National Westminster Bank plc.

I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

Account Name:

Account number:

Sort Code:

Please also find enclosed a breakdown of all charges I am claiming.

Yours sincerely

CHRIS WATKINS

Thanks a lot Chris,

Well e-mail has been sent with the letter and schedule of charges attached so fingers crossed I'm gonna avoid all the c**p. Who knows though eh??

It would make them look pretty stupid if they ask for information that has been sent specifically to the solicitor dealing with the case wouldnt it??

Well, we shall see what happens if anything.

Thanks again Chris, Ill keep a note of your letter and might nick it if I need to if thats ok with u??

STILL TO GO.......

hi clarky this sounds good yes it just might do the trick of pre empting their request of section 18

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

My only concern is that no one elde seems to have done this and I wanna know why?? Could I be jeopardising my claim??

STILL TO GO.......

Thanks for coming in Bookworm,

I sent this letter to Natwest Registered office yesterday with schedule of charges:

'Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx

Further to my previous correspondence, I have now issued a claim regarding unlawful fees and penalties that have been applied to my accounts over the last three years.

Just to clarify the claim number is: 6QZ58981 and is for a total amount of £1145.53.

Please find attached, as with my two previous letters, a schedule of all the charges that have been applied to my account in this period. This should avoid any confusion on your part as to when the charges were applied and the amounts taken from my account.

Please forward this schedule onto your litigation team to ensure that they have all of the relevant documentation once more, in order to process my claim efficiently.'

Received my acknowledgement from Cobbetts yesterday with the intention to defend ticked. So I've sent this letter and the schedule of charges to the solicitor on the case as stated on the acknowledgement.

I'm hoping this will avoid the CPR 18 business as they and Natwest head office both have copies (again) of all the info they need. Surely they would be pretty stupid to send me something requesting this info again??

Ive looked around the site so much and still cant seem to see if anyone else has done this and im now wondering why not?? And if I could be jeopordising my claim instead of just waiting for the defence??

Any advice very much appreciated Bookworm??

Thanks

STILL TO GO.......

Thanks for the title thing....Didnt even realise is still said that!:)

STILL TO GO.......

So Bookworm or anyone else, can anyone see this affecting the chances of my claim being sucessful?? Gettin worried now Ive sent the letter at the e-mail to Ms Burgoyne at Cobbetts!! Eeeek!

STILL TO GO.......

Something very weird going on.....

Logged onto online banking this morning and an account has appeared that is -4000 quid!! The only thing I can think it is is my loan that I have with them but its never been on there before!

Should I be right in thinking the worse and that this has appeared cos Im either gonna be asked to pay it back immediately or my settlement of around 1100 quid is gonna be used to pay it off??!!

Very concerned and starting to wish I hadnt bothered reclaiming my charges now! Not happy! Just off to the bank to see whats goin on!!

Has this happened to anyone else??

STILL TO GO.......

Thanks for the quick responses you two!!

I didnt read the notice!!! Ooops! Just skipped to my accounts!

Mine is 4415 on a 3000 loan i got a year ago! Oh dear.

Thanks for the reassurance Chris!

STILL TO GO.......

it just a new thing that they are doing, its just so that you can see your loan and payments off it and how much is left owing, didnt you see the notice when you first logged into your acount saying it was a new service

Hiya Thanks Chris I did see the notice but like Clarky I also skipped passed it,I'll make sure I read there notices in future.

Call for Natwest telling me they have credited me with £10 after telling me they hadnt received my SAR cheque then charging me 'historic statement fees' and now miraculously 6 weeks later the cheque comes out of my account.

The woman cant understand why they havent cashed my cheque til now but has credited my account because 'it is unfair that we have charged you twice for the same thing' !!!!!!!

Me thinks its because I'm making a claim against them but I could just be being suspicious.

STILL TO GO.......

Hi there,

I wonder if you could help, as I noticed your in your messages you have started filed the claim form and therefore have better knowledge than me as what to do next.

I am on line completing my Money Claim form. When doing the PoC do I use the template in the library?

With the Money Claim form I notice you do not have space to add a schedule of charges ( like if you did the N1), does this mean you just total up the amount and put it where it says amount claimed.

I assume the interest will be covered by stating it in the PoC.

Thank you so much in advance for the help, I have read all the FAQs and quite a few threads, its just I need assurance I DONT WANT TO GET IT WRONG!!

thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

This is what is on my court form for my particulars of claim:

Claimant has accounts xxxxxxxxx with Defendant from (date of account opening) conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of £ (charges total) taken by Defendant in charges over x years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the

Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8 % a year from (first charge date) to (date of filing moneyclaim) of (figure on spreadsheet) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (your total charges x 0.00022)

I hope this makes sense?? It is a bit tricky to get your head around at first but just ask around on here. Everyone is soooo helpful, i wouldnt of made it this far without the help of several people on here.

Orfoster might be another person to ask or chriswakins or djbone or tinkerbelle, they have all help me quite a bit not only with advice but encouragement too.

Should you need any help with ANYTHING please feel free to pm me if you need to

Hope this helps??

STILL TO GO.......

I'm well impressed!!!! And a little surprised!

Wasnt sure if I would get a response to my e-mail to ms burgoyne at cobbetts however at 5.15pm today I received this:

'Dear Madam,

Unfortunately, we were unable to open your second attachment, and we should be grateful if you would place the same in the post to us.

Yours faithfully

Cobbetts LLP'

Which means I now have proof that they received my e-mail!!! Yipee!!! I really hope this means no delaying tactics but we shall see!

Will be putting a copy of the letter in tomorrows post to get there monday morning. Recorded delivery of course lol

STILL TO GO.......

Hi,

I'm just about to do the moneyclaim thing against natwest and have been reading everything hopefully will get it right!

I was offered a settlement from my local branch of about 450, then higley, after I refused that, offered a seetlement of 250 (claim is for jus over £1000), anyone know why he would offer less?

Thanks

Danielle

Natwest am about to start moneyclaim

Capital One, HSBC, marbles have sent first letter

Am going to try SPML, igroup and UCB when I get time.