Ashwall V Lloyds TSB

Ashwall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All.... Its great being able to read all your cases if not a little daunting at whats ahead!

Yesterday i sent off my DPA req and a letter asking for a refund of all charges, i did follow the steps and send Rec Del.

Yesterday was crunching point after paying £540 last month in charges for having an unorth OD of £44 in Feb 08, with the assurance no further charges would be added, another letter arrives telling me i again owed another £150 for charges in April! Yep near to £700 in just under 3 months!! Its Criminal!! :mad:

I just wanted to know what i should do about the charges on the account now.. i dont want to pay them but im guessing they are going to keep charging me the £20 per day and the £60 monthly fee if i dont?

How can i stop the charges building up?? Or should i not worry about them too much?? HELP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome, Ashwall.

If you can make a payment to stop the charges building up, you should.

You can add any further charges you get, right up until you file at court.

Carry on with your claim, all the way to court.

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I want to close this account to stop anymore charges being put on it as its getting silly and i cant afford it, will this make it difficult for me when it comes to court or any step along the way?

No, makes no difference if the account's closed or not, you can still claim the charges :)

If you need a parachute account have a look here......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Regards.

Scott.

Just had a very interesting meeting with The bank manager at my local branch, for all of you who are dealing with the Lloyds TSB collection team with regards to your charges what seems to be happening is they are only informing you of the charges ON the account and NOT telling you about the charges pending. Therefore what happens is you make your payments they tell you thats fine no more charges will go on, then the following month they slap on the charges for the charges you had last month that got ya OD in the first place! and so it rolls on .. The Lloyds TSB charges on charges money making scheme as quoted by my own bank manager, who also says the banks are taking it to The Lords but he doesnt think they will get anywhere. I say the only place they will be getting is the Law courts and im sure as hell gonna take this all the way and get my money back.. once i have paid the £279 in charges due now on my acount on the 9th of May because the last lot of charges of £189 took me OD last month, and its £15 a day plus interest, plus standard £60 charge ... Total charges for that last 4 months now running at £1189.. Im shaking my head here as i can not believe how they can get away with fleecing us like this!

Oh forgot to say, best thing to do is go into the branch where they can get all your details on screen, tell you whats pending for next month and not just whats owing now .. its not gonna be good news but at least ya know whats coming next month and if ya can make sure the account has the money in it before the charges go out at least it stops you going OD and them fleecing you in more charges for another month.. dont rely on the Collection Team to tell you the truth.. they wont!!

• 5 weeks later...

If they dont send then once the 40 days are up, then send this letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

This gives them a further 7 days.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Start counting ;)

Hi Maroondevo52, i seem to be having trouble finding the template letter in the libary to send with my spreadsheet of bank charges can you help? :confused:

:cool: Also... the 6 year bracket... does that mean i can only claim back 6 years from my 1st complaint letter or !st april 2002 as thats the start of the financial year :confused:

6 years from your first charge you mentioned in your first letter.

If that makes sence :)

:cool: Also... the 6 year bracket... does that mean i can only claim back 6 years from my 1st complaint letter or !st april 2002 as thats the start of the financial year :confused:

Thats where I'm at with Lloyds, I requested EVERYthing they had on me, I received just my Charges that have been applied to the account, but they do go back to Sept 01.

I'm just sending them a Non compliance with my SAR request and also another request for everything pre Sep 03 or a certificate of destruction!

Jogs

Well actually i was quite suprised i thought they were gonna be mega huge, i was sweating i might not make the small claims court.. i always seem to be paying charges! .. actual charges plus interest are .. £4854.93.. which is so enough money robbed from me over 6 years. :)

me to and i gotta say i was a little suprised i expected full statements, i asked for all details relating to my acount but have only had statements of cahrges etc??? is that normal?? Also i had a refinancing loan and thats not included! I dunno i dont feel i have had the full info.. i dont actually know what to do now? Mega blonde moment going on!

me to and i gotta say i was a little suprised i expected full statements, i asked for all details relating to my acount but have only had statements of cahrges etc??? is that normal?? Also i had a refinancing loan and thats not included! I dunno i dont feel i have had the full info.. i dont actually know what to do now? Mega blonde moment going on!

No, its not correct and I'm sure there's a letter out there somewhere, I shall find it and post it on here for you.:D

Charges are only £1727.50 :p:p:p