Student Loans(SLC) % charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The other day I was on the phone to the SLC in regards their demand that i start payment, I explained that I have now sent the deferrment paperwork.

Anyhow during the conversation I questioned the charges the claim they will take for reminder letters(£20 a time). I was then stunned to hear them say that their charges have been fully investigated by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and they have deemed the SLC charges as fait and fair.

Can anyone shed any light on this, If this is a lie (which I suspect is) then I will be writting a letter of complaint to the OFT.

Hi, this isn't right, surely?! My daughter has deferred for a few years now because of ill health and has never received any demand for money - even though on a couple of occasions they have been very slow at putting the deferment into place. If I were you I'd write to them and ask them to put exactly what they said to you in writing. Then you can start challenging it. They shouldn't say these things to you if you have deferred anyway.

Good luck!

p.s. the person to write to is Elaine Urquhart. This really does need reporting anyway because what they have told you is complete hearsay anyway. Are you supposed to take their word over the telephone? Grr. Again, I say, good luck!

The charges are illegal, I can't believe they are still claiming they can do this. Do not be taken in by their lies, take them to court about these charges and they will be removed as part of a 'Settling out of court' process. They wouldn't want it made public that they are ripping students off would they, hence they make sure it doesn't reach court.

Total scumbags.

It really doesnt surprise me any more what SLC do, Ive just posted about our problems even after they are 2 months over due for providing the agreement, and we have jsut recieved a SAR. We wrote to them stating they hadnt provided the CA and this week OH finds they are taking from his wages. Thing is he went to uni before 2001 and only pays the old fashioned way by direct debit.

Is everyone in the know on the students forum on holiday this week? cant seem to get any help with it