Mortgage case being put to multi-track???

borgbaiter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i applied for a stay on my case so the FOS could look at it. and have just had this from the court it doesnt seem normal to me.

"Notice of Hearing of Application

The hearing of the claimant's application for - (see copy attached) will take place at 10:30 on the 22 August 2008 at Colchester County Court, Falkland House, 25 Southway, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3EG

Cases are listed in accordance with local hearing arrangements determined by the Judiciary and implemented by court staff. Every effort is made to ensure that hearings start either at the time specified or as soon as possible thereafter, However, listing practices or other factors may mean that delay is unavoidable. Furthermore, in some instances a case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court. Please contact the court for further information on the listing arrangements that may apply to your hearing."

im a bit confussed as it seems to say heres the date time and place but it could be wrong???

any thoughts?

Borgbaiter

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

does anyone know what happens at a

"Notice of Hearing of Application

The hearing of the claimant's application for - (see copy attached) will take place at 10:30 on the 22 August 2008 at Colchester County Court, Falkland House, 25 Southway, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3EG............."

will i need to prepare anything for this?

Borgbaiter

hi

What i wrote on the N244 was as follows

SECTION 3

"A STAY OF THE CASE TO ALLOW THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE TO MEDIATE ON OUR CASE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR RULES AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COURTS DIRECTIONS THAT THE PARTIES CONSIDER ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION"

SECTION 10

"THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE HAVE AGREED TO ACT IN OUR DISPUTE AS LONG AS THE CASE IS STAYED"

I dont really know what else i can say in regard to this. The defendant has agreed to the FOS dealing with this all be it in a "without prejudice" letter and meeting.

any help grately appreciated.

Borgbaiter

• 2 weeks later...

hi

does anyone have a copy of

Council of Mortgage Lenders "Statement of Practice on the Transfer of Mortgages"

and

"Independant Television commission code of advertising practice"

or know a link to them? they are referenced in The Mortgage Code but i cant find them on the web anywhere.

Borgbaiter

Edited by borgbaiter

Hi Borg

I have had little luck trying to find the links for you, however it does seem Mr Michael Spicer made reference to it and has been recorded in Hansard. My advice is to email Mr Spicer and ask him for a direct link to the Statement of Practice. he may also be able to hewlp with the independant Television practice too. Here is the link for the Hansard report.

Mortgage Transfers (Hansard, 23 May 1990)

Hope this helps

Mrsfoot

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

FOS came back and rejected all of my claim, cashback panalty, penalty charges and interest.

Chelsea resurected their offer to settle of £500 (in addition to £172 repaid previously)

considered appeal of FOS but given the tone of the findings it seemed unlikely it would have made any difference. return to multi track is beyond my means to fund so accepted the offer.

overall it was a lot of work (4 lever arch files of documents) for an unsatisfactory result. the FOS position on mortgages penalty charges is especially disturbing to me.

for anyone interested their findings can be read here

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/FOS/Financial%20ombudsman%20findings%20blacked.html

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/FOS/Financial%20ombudsman%20findings%202%20blacked%20out.html

still on the plus side £500 is £500 :-)

Borgbaiter