Income Protection Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Hope you can help!

My dad had kidney cancer Jume last year and as a result is unable to work. He was made reduntant at the end of March. He had a loan with Llyods with insurance who have now paid the balance under critical illness(Great).

He also had a income protection policy, he had a 6 month deffer period which has now passed and is trying to claim. They have send him loads of form which he has always sent back promptly. But coz lloyds paid he loan they say hes not entitled to the full amount. Is that right?

Also i read they would pay for 2 years, but his renewal is due end of May, they haven't paid him any monies yet and say its because he never put the 29th on the form, he was honest and put the 27 which was the correct day. Do they really want you to falsifly the date? The woman on the phone said it has to be here for the 29th and it has to state the 29th!

Can they refuse to renew his insurance?

Not of any help, but it's amuses (that was being polite), me how the insurance companies love to take the premiums and then try every trick in the book to get out of paying when a claim is made.

If you ever have an accident in you car, watch the assessor, he will look at the tyres and things of that nature before he even gets down to the damage.