Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone one please advise me on an issue with my old employer, who are a large global company.

After leaving my company to move abroad,things got a little bitter because they told me that i wouldbe payed my bonus from last year then they told me to get stuffed in a way,anyway thats done now.

The issue i have is that my contract stated i work 37 hours per week and for the last year or so i have been working around 50-60 hours due to the company putting pressure on the work force, with no extra pay because its a fixed salary, sometimes you get payed if you travel on sundays.

The thing is the company had me fill in a monthly spread sheet with the total hours worked, which i have kept on my laptop, i heard a little rumour from someone from a union, that this was a little on the excessive side and the company might be stepping over the line.

is it possible they may have to back date the hours worked ???

Did you opt out of the EEC working time directive (agreeing that you would work more than 48 hours per week if you wanted to)?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Our bonus for 2007 was not "issued" until March 2008 (also big global company), but I got paid mine because I handed my notice in a week AFTER the bonus letter was dated. If you handed in your notice BEFORE the bonus was issued, you won't be entitled to it.

As for the extra hours, it depends what your contract says. I often do more than my contracted hours, but I signed a contract saying I cannot claim overtime. (And those here that do not sign and claim overtime, cannot get bonuses, BUPA, or promotions!)