Citi Financial Farce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post on the site, also posted in the GK section, and I need some advice. I am having a serious ding dong with Citi Financial. Firstly I had to wait over 2 months for a settlement figure, despite requesting verbally twice and in writing once. Secondly, they assumptively rewrote my account over a longer term without informing me and without me having signed any new agreement; I had been experiencing acute financial difficulties and they agreed to lower payments for an initial 6 month period ( I have the letter confirming this ). The letter states that after the 6 month period, they would review the account. However, when I telephoned the local branch to ask for a settlement figure, they advised that the account was now over 54 months at this reduced payment. I was, still am, perplexed. Surely I would have to sign something to say I was OK with rewriting the account over a longer term? To top all of this off, despite me expressly requesting they don't, they continued to call me at my works number. I have already complained to their head office in Sunderland but the response is laughable; my 4 year old nephew could have come up with better. I think the agreement could be deemed unenforceable and I could claim back payments made since they assumptively rewrote the account? The account could even be deemed unenforceable as I had to wait over 2 months for a settlement? Does anyone have a definite answer for me? Please HELP!!!!!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

You could send the CCA Letter, here is a link you need to use letter N, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162353

Some forum members advise that we do not sign the request, it would appear that some more deviant companies could copy your signature onto another document.

Pay the fee £1.00 via a postal order, keeping the reference number safe, send the letter guaranteed next day delivery, you can then track delivery.

Can I also suggest that you include this statement as written I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY.

Regards

Andy