• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

AIC - Largo Legal & Receivables - statutory demand - Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I would like some advice re an old debt that is being chased by Allied International Credit which is now being pursued by Largo Legal and Receiveables.

Once upon a time I had a credit card with NatWest, I then had an accident at work and subsequently went behind on my payments and my account was closed with Natwest - I can't be sure but I think this was in 2001? In 2002 Allied International started chasing me for the debt and I wrote to them twice in early 2003 asking them to send me their details to set up a standing order to make monthly payments. They never sent me any information to do this so didn't get paid - I was a single parent with two young children at the time and had other debtors chasing me for payment as well!

Anyway.... last year I moved house and I am currently having my mail redirected. Allied International/Fairmile Partnership/Largo Legal & Receivables have started chasing this debt, presumably as it will be statute barred soon as the last time I contacted them regarding this debt and acknowledged it was in early 2003.

Fairmile Partnership threatened a statutory demand last month. Apparently, according to a recent letter from Largo Legal and receivables, it was served at my previous address recently. Please bear in mind that I only know any of these details as my mail redirection has not run out yet! ALL correspondence relating to this debt is being sent to my old address and if anything is hand delivered there I will not receive it. I do not know the new tenants as they moved in a few months after I moved out. I did not leave a forwarding address as my mail has been redirected.

Anyway the debt is just over £1K and additional charges have been added since I offered payment back in 2003 and never received a response. Also some of the debt would have been charges on the credit card for missed/late payments etc. due to my accident so I would dispute the amount anyway - since learning on this great site that I can do this!

Has anyone here had any dealings with these companies and can offer me some advice? I believe if I hadn't offered payment back in 2003 this debt would be statute barred by now, but as I genuinely wanted to sort things out I did offer to make payment. The only reason I didn't was because Allied International never sent me the information I needed to set up the standing order.

I have no assets, I live in a rented property and still have a lot of outstanding credit card debt, although I am managing this at the moment and trying to get my credit rating back together! So by making me bankrupt, which is was is now being threatened unless I telephone them "to discuss this matter further" as "no further reminders will be sent".

Should I CCA Allied International to see if they actually do have the legal right to pursue this debt? Although I am very reluctant to give them my new address!!!! For looking at other threads it also seems that these old debts are being dredged up by debt collectors a lot recently.

I have no intention to telephone them - one of the things I have learnt on here is not to phone these sharks! They do not have my new address and the new tenants of my old address have obviously not told them I am not living there - they could have put the statutory demand in the bin for all I know!

Will they make me bankrupt for a credit card debt of just over £1K? Will they actually pursue it through to this or are they just trying to frighten me into phoning them? I don't want to be bullied by these people into making a repayment plan that I cannot afford to stick to as from reading some threads it sounds like they demand huge amounts of money each month and are really nasty to deal with. I don't therefore want to give them my new address or contact number as they will really be able to harass me then!

Any help really appreciated!!

Many thanks

Hi Solent68

i think youre gonna have to bite the bullet and write to them. I would CCA all 3 dca's, and it maybe worth S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'ing NatWest to see exactly the history and dates of your account.

as regards them then having you contact details, so what ? with the help of this site you'll be able to deal with pretty much anything they try and throw at you

also head each letter with "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY"

keep us posted

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

OK....if you have neither made a payment towards or acknowledged the debt then as you know it is statute barred.....It might be worth sending them the statute barred letter AS WELL as a request for your CCA as Vselym has said above.....you need to send the CCA requests by recorded delivery and do NOT hand sign them either...., don't forget that it MAY be the case that they owe you more than you owe them !!! for example a £30 charge on January 1st 2001 is now worth £47:59 to you !!! (this figure includes 8% compounded interest)... there is a good calculator here... Bank Charges: Reclaim them, they’re unlawful, includes free template letters ... , if you feel they owe you more than you owe them then you will need to send a SAR request to the original creditor. The first thing to do is get the CCA/stat barred request off ASAP get them to prove that the debt isn't statute barred and that they can legally collect on the debt....!!

Keep us posted...

• Haha 1

Thanks for your help on this.... I am just using the template for the CCA letter on the site and hopefully will get it in the post today or tomorrow - need to go buy a postal order!

I really think they are just trying to put the frighteners on to get me to pay a huge chunk of money (which I don't have!) without realising they are chasing a debt I may not have to repay and that is in fact incorrect due to the charges added by the bank before they defaulted the account.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your response to that 42man..... apologies for not updating on this post for a while my mother has been in hospital having a serious operation and other things have been put on the back burner!

I haven't sent the letter off yet, although I had gone to the post office and got the postal order etc.....

It has only just come back in my mind again as I have had another letter from Legal & Receivables, here is the basics of the letter:

"our records show that, despite the service of a SD (never received it went to old address!) you have failed to settle this account.

Our client is currently considering the issue of petition for bankruptcy based upon the demand made. However prior to commencement of such action we are instructed to propose a balance reduction for prompt settlement."

They are asking for around £900 which is about a £300 drop. It then goes on to say that this is without prejudice and they have the right to reclaim the full amount etc.

Anyone have any idea what this bunch are up to??

......... Anyone have any idea what this bunch are up to??

Well, if its Statute Barred, they want to recoup as much as they can, hence the "offer".

If its Statute Barred, you know exactly how much they will get from you, don't you? ;);). Such a shame eh?... such a shame :D.

I think they know they are not going to get very far with this, but having said that, they will try everything (legal or otherwise).

Sending off the letters will buy a bit of time, and the CCA letter may well screw it up totally for them. They have to produce, within the time limit, and it puts this into dispute.

Just send them off, keeping all recorded delivery receipts, and never signing anything, and wait until (or IF) they reply. They might still try to hassle you, but you can just refuse to speak to them.

Good luck.