purepest vs scAbbey

purepest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just compiled my letter after getting some 'get up & go' from this site.

I was just wondering who to send it to. I have my local bank account address but who is it FAO?

Looking forward to the challenge :-D

Thanks

scAbbey

• 1st August - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) recorded delivery with cheque
  • 2nd August - Letter received by Abbey
  • 10th August - Cheque cashed
  • 11th August - Microfiche argument received
  • 14th August - Abbey receive microfiche letter and I also receive 13 statements
  • 25th August - Received Abbeys 'sorry you have to complain' letter

Hi mate, i sent mine not long ago, i sent it to: Data protection manager,

Data protection team,

Regulatory compliance,

Abbey house,

201 Grafton Gate East,

Milton Keynes,

MK9 1AN.

mine got there no problem good luck!

Cheers for that

Is that your local branch?

scAbbey

• 1st August - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) recorded delivery with cheque
  • 14th August - Abbey receive microfiche letter and I also receive 13 statements

• 4 weeks later...

who should I make the cheque payable to?

Sorry if its in the FAQs. I have had a look but I am getting funny stares from the boss :mad:

scAbbey

Well, thats me sent the letter away.

Looking forward to the whole process and hopefully it will end in a good result. :D

One question. The 40 days that they have for the SAR, is that 40 working days? This is just so I know when their time is up.

scAbbey

I have sent my SAR to the address in Milton Keynes and I stay in Scotland. Is that still OK?

scAbbey

The letter has been received by Abbey today, so I will need to wait for my chase time :-)

scAbbey

I have sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the address in Milton Keynes and I stay in Scotland. Is that still OK?

Hi Purepest,

I also am in Scotland (well kinda - my home adress is) and my branch is in Scotland! Have you any thoughts about how you are going to continue? Are you going to go thru the Scottish system where 750 quid is a max claim and if you are over this you have to split them?

Any body else done this in Scotland and is it relitively easy or not?

Cheers

Jam

I am not sure how to go on from here. I will need to read up on it.

I know that I am due to claim a few thousand pounds so the 750 quid limit will be a pain.:confused:

If anyone has any advise it would be much appreciated

scAbbey

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the microfiche argument as expected. I also had the following section in my letter:

'You have also asked for details of any 'manual interventions' that may have been made on your account and I am sorry that we are unable to help with this request.

I can explain that we consider 'manual intervention' to mean an action that is not automatic or computer-driven. Not all manual interventions are recorded, for example if a member of staff looks at a paper document relating to your account, a record is not always required. Similarly some interventions may relate to work carried out by a department rather than individuals where no central record of activity is kept because this is not the kind of information we need, or more importantly, that a customer would usually request,'

I this right?

Anyway I am going to dig out my microfiche response argument and send if off none the less.

scAbbey

I have now sent off the microfiche letter which they received today and I also got 13 statements from them.

Cause I am in Scotland I am concerned about this £750 pound limit. I know that I have more than £750 to claim back. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

scAbbey

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent away my letter after the microfiche argument and they have sent me a letter which covers about one month before the 13 statements they sent me originally.

Unfortunately this is no use because I have had the account for 3.5 years so I still don't know how much they owe me and I am on day 26 of my SAR.

On Friday I got the Abbey's 'sorry you had to complain' time wasting letter.

I am not sure where to go from here.

Unfortunately nobody has yet been able to help me with the Scotland £750 limit, or even confirm if it is true.

Should I reply to the 'complain' response or just wait until I am closer to the 40 day limit?

scAbbey

should my estimated prelim be based on the charges calculated in the 13 statements they have sent me already?

scAbbey

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have been a bit lax about this but the whole thing is over the 40 days, I have sent the microfiche letter back to them and they have sent me another one stating that microfiche still isn't included in the SAR.

I know that I have to send of my LBA but I am slightly nervous about threatening a bank with court action so can somebody please point me in the right direction - a link to the appropriate area on the forum is fine.

After that I can start the ball rolling again.

Colin

scAbbey