Halifax Mis Sold Their Building And Contents Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In december 2007 I called Halifax home Insurance for a quote of my building and contents insurance. The sales person went through his sales platter and I accepted his quotation. The policy did not arrive until 30 days later and unfortunately I had to make a claim just after 30 days. I had a fire in the Lounge and was waken up by the smoke alarm.

When I made a claim having had a sleepless night. The salesperson had no care. All he was interested in losing my no claims bonus. THEY DID NOT CARE WHAT I HAD BEEN THROUGH.

When I looked at the policy, I found that No Claims bonus was not added to my policy. I requested a copy of the recording under the Data Protection Act and found they made no reference to protecting my no claim bonus at the time I made the call.

I also found other mistakes on the policy schedule and realised that in order for Halifax to get the deal on the day they offered less.

Now over 12 weeks they have still not resolved my claim. This kind of service you would not expect for a reputable company.

I would not recommend them to ANYONE because their customer service is rubbish. You have having to constantly ring them to find out what the hells going on.

I took out legal expenses cover with them also and noticed there was no exclusion clauses in the contract that I could not make a claim against them. When I tried to make a claim under the legal expences cover. They told me they could not help because there was a conflict of interest. I said to them there is nothing in the terms and conditions state I cannot make a claim against them. Another product they sold me but were not allowing me to make a claim on it.

In addition to the above the policy did not arrive until after 30 days and there is a claus in the contract which states you cannot cancel the policy after 30 days. :mad:

Do you have any proof of the date you received the policy. That might help you make a claim for mis selling . YOu could always chance your luck with the Financial Ombudsman xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Nope I dont have proof what day they sent the policy because It was not sent recorded delivery.

I found lots of other errors like the following:-

They did not advise me about protecting my no claims bonus but took this of the price of the policy so they get the deal on they day.

They told me I was not covered for accidential damage but was covered for fire.

The damaged my curtains trying to restore them.

They failed to supply all the documentation in accordance with the Data Protection Act act section 7.

I have legal expenses cover on my building and contents insurance and if they deny this then I will say this was missold to me also.

They told me that under the emergency breakdown cover somebody will be at my door within 2-4 hours. They did not arrive till 36 hours.

I have complaint to the FOS by the time they come round to finalising my complaint it would have settled in court.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way I do not have to proof what date I received the Policy.

The Unfair Contract Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulation 1999

state it is the supplier who has the prove the terms were agreed.

Brilliant news. I am assuming you are going to take out insurance with another company now ? xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D