Thames Credit Asking me to ring them after CCA request sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi roberto, the easiest way is to contact Trading Standards via consumer direct and request that your complaint be forwarded to the OFT as well:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Have all your paperwork to hand ;)

Good luck and best wishes.

Edited by babybear39
spelling...oops
  • Haha 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi roberto69. Stop getting stressed out. They haven't been able to comply with your request which suggests they haven't got a leg to stand on. Don't worry they won't be able to take any legal action as they are unable to produce a credit agreement. Just remember, NEVER speak to them and keep all correspondence between you and them. Next time they hit you with another threat just come back here and someone will be able to help you out. ;)

I received a letter from these losers a couple of days ago, seeing as I am going on holiday later today they will have to wait until I get back before they get my reply in the form of a CCA request.

Hi all just an update - i sent the above letter which PT2537 kindly worded above & posted it by recorded delivery on 26 May.

I have heard absolutely nothing from them till i received this today -

"We refer to your request for documentaion under the consumer credit act 1974. We are unable to process your request as we have been unable to confirm the relevant information required , despite repeated written requests.

Therefore we are returning your £1.00 fee. We would still be happy to assist you, however we will need to confirm the required information.

We would ask that you contact this office without prejudice on the above telephone number in order for us to progress with this matter.

We look forward to hearing from you soon."

Can anybody please help / advise me what my next move should be please?

Thank you all

Therefore Thames wants you and others to prove/help them to show that there is a debt owing?? Report them as they should not be harassing the public like this. Why are Thames sending out begging letters like this without any proof that a debt even exist...there is a name for this kind of practice...... let me try to remember what it is called ..................... perhaps the person that is employed by such a company associated with Thames will kindly reminder us the name is for organization sending out begging letters to the public is called...... I am sure employees of such organizations must have had extensive nstruction on it :?:

Edited by Allwood

Thanks guys for all of your replys & sorry if i seemed to be rushing you, i just get stressed out at the weekend after receiving there letter, can't believe the bare faced cheek of this lot NO CCA from them & yet still they hassle me for money.:mad:

Am i right in believing that when i contact Trading Standards to report this pond life that it is MY TS that i write to ?

( Ps thank you Overdone foryour link to your thread ) there really are some special people on here, thank you all:)

No worries roberto, it's horrible when they hit you at the weekend...

Use the link I gave you in post #51, make a list of all the things they've done wrong and speak to consumer direct :) They'll pass your details to your local TS who will then contact you. Or, if you prefer you can e-mail your local TS by visiting your council website. The contact details will be on there.

Good luck...

im sorry to hear that babybear i just take the calls from you guys and set plan etc roberto69 just pay your debt and AK wont need to call you will we if you have a dispute then put in in writing so AK can investigate or or if its fraud a crime ref no

Why has your company, in the guise of thames credit refused to reply to Mrs brazier's family, as to why she was hounded to death?

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Thanks Babybear:D

I have just finished emailing consumer direct with my complaint - the ball is rolling.................. Should i write to Thames informing them or should i let them wait ??

thank you all again it really is appreciated

Thanks Babybear :)

Spoke yesterday to my Local trading standards who recommended what you advised - that i request there complaints procedure.

Just a question ? when i ask for the complaints procedure do i also invoke it at the same time ?? ( sorry if that's a daft question from me !:confused: )

Thank You

The complaint must be in writing but if you ask nicely they may give you an e-mail address for their complaints department and you can then follow with a hard copy by recorded post. They have weeks from receipt of your complaint to respond to your satisfaction. If they don't, you complain to the FOS.

• 4 months later...

Amazing after 4 months without nothing - a letter arrives this morning !! -

"We refer to correspondence received regarding the above account.

Before we can provide you with the relevant paper work pertining to the above referenced account , we have to etablish the links between your current address, your previous addresses and the address on the original application form.

Please find enclosed copy letters sent to you requesting the relevant informationneeded for us to issue you with a copy of the original agreement. Unfortunately you have failed to supply us with the details.We do not wish to breach the Data Protection Act for obvious reasons.

Upon verification of your previous address details , we will gladly post you a copy of the original agreement to you.

We hope this clarifies the situation for you . Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above telephone no.

In line with our official complaints procedure this letter constitutes the companys final response."

Anybody's comments / thoughts what to do would be much appreciated

Thanks

Amazing after 4 months without nothing - a letter arrives this morning !! -

"We refer to correspondence received regarding the above account.

Before we can provide you with the relevant paper work pertining to the above referenced account , we have to etablish the links between your current address, your previous addresses and the address on the original application form.

Please find enclosed copy letters sent to you requesting the relevant informationneeded for us to issue you with a copy of the original agreement. Unfortunately you have failed to supply us with the details.We do not wish to breach the Data Protection Act for obvious reasons.

Upon verification of your previous address details , we will gladly post you a copy of the original agreement to you.

We hope this clarifies the situation for you . Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above telephone no.

In line with our official complaints procedure this letter constitutes the companys final response."

Anybody's comments / thoughts what to do would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ain't they got a nerve?:mad::mad:

This 'company' ...

Okay - calm -

Did they send you a copy of their complaints procedure?

Cheeky barstewards :mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Just ignore this is another attempt to gain further information and to torment you they have been sending all their letters to you at this address if they were not sure it was you they should not have written to you in the first place.

dpick

The letter is nonsense! They either have the agreement or they don't. You might want to add it to your complaint with the company - they are in breach of the OFT Guidelines on debt collection ie:

"2.8 j. requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the debtor in question, for example, driving licences, passports, full name, date of birth, signatures."

Clearly there is a doubt if they are asking you to provide previous addresses.

Continue to do nothing, the ball is firmly in their court.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!