Thames Credit Asking me to ring them after CCA request sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we ask you to call its only to help you!!!

Firstly, if someone requires all correspondence in writing, you should oblige, this allows for an accurate record of matters to be kept. secondly, im sure i do not need to go over the Office of Fair Trading's guidance on debt collection and the methods that they consider unfair.

Any one can request that a creditor or per section 175 of the CCA 1974 the agent acting on behalf of the creditor supply a copy of the credit agreement , this is a statutory request which can only be fulfilled in writing so i cannot see what can be achieved by talking to your call centre over the phone

until such time as you supply the information requested, you should not be seeking payment on the account and i cannot see why your company finds that so hard to understand

simply, which im sure you will be aware, without a credit agreement there is no enforceable debt

please ignore other stupid comments of other people and i hope you get your cca request sorted This is uncalled for and insulting

Please refrain from making insulting comments to our members. if you continue to do so your account may become subject to moderation. you have been warned

• Haha 1

roberto69 just pay your debt Im sure he will if you provide the info requested

DONT SLAG AKTIV OFF IM ONLY EARNING A LIVING SO I CAN PAY MY BILLS ITS NOT MY DREM JOB BELIEVE ME! AKTIV ARE NICER THAN THOSE AGENCIES ABOVE WE LISTEN TO WHAT PPL HAVE TO SAY NOT THREATEN LEGALITIES

I must say, no one asked you to post on here and if you are offended that people are quite upset by the behaviour which has been displayed by your organisation towards them then there is a solution,

DONT POST ON HERE

Aktivkapitallover it's a shame that thames didn't want to help poor Beryl Brazier. They hounded her to suicide then had the cheek NOT to turn up to the inquest :-x

Well said BB... :-x

• Haha 1

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hi there i work for aktiv kapital group i wish people didnt hate us that much we are only doing our jobs and i would like to point out i try and help customers the best i can and try and work affordable plan with them just to let you know thames credit is our sister company based in kent our relations department are the corrospondance team who deal with all our customers requests by writing if we ask you to call its only to help you!!!please ignore other stupid comments of other people and i hope you get your cca request sorted

Can't put into words how angry you've made me.

Please get another job if you really want to help people.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Guest forgottenone

And I think 'sorry to hear' someone has died as a result of that ... I think most decent human beings WOULD be utterly and horrendously horrified when confronted with and hearing of such a monstrous thing happening to another human being. And it's not just a one off tragedy, either.

People are not just reference numbers, template letters they are human beings.

Edited by forgottenone

And I think 'sorry to hear' someone has died as a result of that ... I think most decent human beings WOULD be utterly and horrendously horrified when confronted with and hearing of such a monstrous thing happening to another human being. And it's not just a one off tragedy, either.

People are not just reference numbers, template letters they are human beings.

My thoughts exactly, as I'm sure the overwhelming majority of CAG members share :(

Guest forgottenone

Could probably have put it better, but not about to lower myself to a level that goes against my humanity. Hope that made sense?

Could probably have put it better, but not about to lower myself to a level that goes against my humanity. Hope that made sense?

A lot of us feel like that but getting cagbotted isn't worth it ;)

Guest forgottenone

Well, I broke my own rule from last night ... not rising to it.

Ah, just realized! I've edited it now. ;):D

Edited by forgottenone

Hi Roberto69

i think personally, that the best way to deal with these chunder-monkeys is to send them a short and to the point letter

Dear Sirs,

On xx.xx.2008 i made a statutory request for information pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. to date you have failed to respond favourably to this request

All i have recieved is requests to call you but i can assure you this is not going to happen.you cannot supply the information requested over the telephone so there is no point me calling i do not need to tell you the law relating to statutory requests under the CCA 1974 nor surely do i need to go over the OFT guidelines on debt collection, simply until you comply with my request for information i must point out that his account is in dispute and will remain so until such time that you supply documentation requested under the CCA 1974

should you fail to cease collection activities until you are in compliance with the statutory request i will report your actions to the OFT, Trading standards and whoever else i see fit

No further correspondence will be entered into until such time as you comply

i would fire off something along those lines at them the idjits Edited by pt2537

im sorry to hear that babybear i just take the calls from you guys and set plan etc roberto69 just pay your debt and AK wont need to call you will we if you have a dispute then put in in writing so AK can investigate or or if its fraud a crime ref no

The only reason pondlife like your self does this is to accertain whether or not to take people to court or not, i.e. if you own your own house, if you are employed and how much other debt the debtor has, this is in now way designed to help the debtor just the bottom feeders you work for to maximise profits so as far as members here are concerned you can go do a run and jump If all debtors took our advice you and most of your cronies would be out of work as no would anwser your calls and no one would ring you!.

• 2 months later...

Hi all just an update - i sent the above letter which PT2537 kindly worded above & posted it by recorded delivery on 26 May.

I have heard absolutely nothing from them till i received this today -

"We refer to your request for documentaion under the consumer credit act 1974. We are unable to process your request as we have been unable to confirm the relevant information required , despite repeated written requests.

Therefore we are returning your £1.00 fee. We would still be happy to assist you, however we will need to confirm the required information.

We would ask that you contact this office without prejudice on the above telephone number in order for us to progress with this matter.

We look forward to hearing from you soon."

Can anybody please help / advise me what my next move should be please?

Thank you all

well, if you have sent them a written request for the credit agreement and they reply with claims for you to call them, i suggest that you contact your local trading standards and also we draft a compliant to the OFT

there is no point whatsoever calling these idjits, you will not get anywhere

what other info do they want?

thank you for your reply, should i send the same letter to the OFT & to Trading Standards- & has anybody got any ideas what to write to them ?

Sorry for asking Questions i'm just really worried that Thames / Aktiva are stressing me out, also when i have sent letters to the OFT & Trading standards should i also write to Thames informing them of my actions ??