AIC- ivew offered final payment but think i messed up!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AIC called today with regards my cca request, they said it would be on its way shortly but wanted to know why i wanted one, i told then i didnt know who the dept was with, they said it was a NatWest band card so i said oh yes i remember now, she said did i still want the cca, and i said no (that was stupid of me wasnt it) i then told her they would have to take me to court as i dont have any money, she said we must beable to come to a payment arrangement, to which i told her the woman on phone last week wouldnt entertain my final offer or a monthly amount and wouldnt even let me make an offer at all. this new woman said they would except £512.70 as full and final (the debt is £1,200) i told her i did have £400 but that was all, other wise i could pay monthly at £6 per month based on the lloyds bank taking me to court with a £9,000 debt and that was the courts said amount for that one.

Anyway i ended up argeeing to send a cheque for £400 today and the other £112.70 in 2 lots over next 2 months, which was ok till i asked for a letter confirming it would be full and final at that amount and she said "we are a debt agency we dont send unnessisary letters so to keep down costs" and that after i had payed it all i could ask for a letter of satisfaction, i feel sick now as know i have done something wrong, i know i shouldnt have talked to them and shouldnt have agreeded to anything, what do i do? do i do what they do and deny all knowledge of the call? and so not sent the cheque? or is there a letter i can send with the cheque along the lines of only cash this if you agree it is final?

help please!!

Can i get someone to call them on my behalf and tell them to send the CCA and that i wont be paying money till then?

sammy xx

fluffysammy

dont panic, am i right in thinking this was for a current account ? If so then a CCA request is pointless, and a SAR will be required

as regards talking to them on the phone, just dont do it !

Let us know some detail and someone will advise the best course of action

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Yes i think it is a debit card debt for a current account i had 7+ years ago, i have been paying it through a debt agency (debtcall then debt com) but they have vanished, so now getting all the calls and letters for my debts.

it has always been with AIC but was paid through the debt ageny till 4 months ago.

I know i shouldnt have talked to them, i know its silly but i got to scared to put the phone down.

sammy xx

FS

I would not worry about what you did or didnt promise them on the phone, just let it be a lesson, and only use written communication in future !

I would write to them offering a monthly payment, that you can comfortably afford, include the first instalment by postal order, and request a paying in book/their account details, PRINT dont sign your name, and send it recorded delivery so you have proof, and await their response.

They cant make you pay it in one go, and i find it very difficult to believe that any judge would order as much !

I would under seperate cover send an SAR to the OC and see if there are any reclaimable charges that would reduce the debt

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus