Frederickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I see from my voicemail account that this bunch tried to contact me this morning at 07:53. That's a bit early isn't it? I think they've already broken the CSA's code of conduct to which they apparently subscribe.

Anyway, given the number they rang on, it's likely to be either CSL/Egg or MBNA they are working for.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what this lot are like to deal with? I imagine they are just as bad as the rest but any specific help would be appreciated.

Once I know what they are calling about I will get this thread merged with the relevant one.

Regards to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi Fred,

You are into Bryan Carter country who are in house Solicitors for Fredericksons and (allegedley do not play by the book, several Threads on here to back that up). So as others have also said no worse but definitely no better.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Thanks folks, it's good to get a heads up on these things. I've heard all about Bryan Carter. I'll have a read up on some of the posts so that I know what I'm up against. This is the outfit who start by taking you to court just for their fees if I remember correctly. I haven't had any correspondence from them yet, so I will keep you posted.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

The other thing was - any ideas who they do most of their work for? If it's either of the 2 accounts that I think it may be, they won't have a leg to stand on.

Fred

they work for who ever pays them.

You are correct in saying they take u to court for there costs first then in the POC say they reserve the rite to take further court action against u.

There is some ppl who are being chased for unenforcable littlewoods accounts.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It is Egg. I got a letter from them today. Yesterday I sent them an email telling them I would only deal with this in writing. I got an email back this morning confirming that my numbers had been removed from their systems. Surprise surprise, they've tried to ring me again since.

Knowing of Bryan Carter's reputation I've fired off an Account in Dispute letter by 1st class recorded this afternoon. I'm not sure if this was quite the right thing to do, but I can't see that it will do any harm.

I've asked for this thread to be merged with my Egg/CSL thread.

Regards.

Fred

• 4 months later...

I SUFFERED A BARRAGE OF OBNOXIOUS THREATENING DISHONEST CALLS FROM THIS COWBOY OUTFIT WHICH CONSISTENTLY FAILS TO ABIDE BY THE CODE OF PRACTICE TO WHICH IT HAS SUPPOSEDLY SIGNED UP.

THEIR TACTICS ARE TO INCONVENIENCE/HARRASS/EMBARRASS THE RECIPIENT, IN SHORT TO BULLY YOU INTO PAYING UP - TO THEM. THE MERITS, MORE LIKELY THE DEMERITS OF THEIR 'CLAIM' ARE NEITHER HERE NOR THERE, AND NOT OPEN TO DISCUSSION - "We just want the money"...........................

ANYONE who has to deal with this loathsome outfit has my profound sympathy - most of their employees -presumably commission-paid - are offensive and/or unintelligent; Example - an afternoon call c.2.15 pm - was preceded by an audible belch (liquid lunch, I assume) - before the employee then deigned to switch from hands-free to make the effort to lift the hand-set and converse. He then promptly and utterly dishonestly

denied what he'd done ! I'm amazed they're allowed to operate as they repeatedly do -WHERE is the OFT/OFCOM etc ?? BE ready for lots of 'abandoned calls' from them too..........It's harrassment, pure and simple.

BUt - resist - HOLD OUT and DON'T BOW to their BULLYING

• 7 months later...

Hi

Just read the comments on this thread. I have had phone calls & letters of further action. eg - court action etc. this is through EGG . I asked Fredrickson to send me a signed credit agreement which was signed by myself, as of yet 30 days later i have not received. And in the post today was a letter from Fredrickson saying I had to pay and was a paying in card which I could take to a local store to pay the debt ( I don't think so ). My question is - if the credit card company cannot provide proof of

Signature for the agreement - where do I stand.?????

Hi

Just read the comments on this thread. I have had phone calls & letters of further action. eg - court action etc. this is through EGG . I asked Fredrickson to send me a signed credit agreement which was signed by myself, as of yet 30 days later i have not received. And in the post today was a letter from Fredrickson saying I had to pay and was a paying in card which I could take to a local store to pay the debt ( I don't think so ). My question is - if the credit card company cannot provide proof of

Signature for the agreement - where do I stand.?????

Hi Shimmy,

You'd be better off starting a new post on this.

It sounds like you've done the right thing so far. If they can't produce an agreement, then it is in dispute. Be careful though, Egg do produce agreements more often than not and most of them seem to be enforceable.

Regards.

Fred

I found Fredrickson not too bad to get rid of. It never got to the Bryan Carter stage, I think I got stuck in at the right time.

They were quick to respond to the harrasment letter and removed my number.

But I did find with them that they ignore the initial CCA requests and continue to threaten, but if you follow the right order of letters in their various stages then finally they stop and they did after a long period of silence acknowledge their defeat by letter and stated they were passing it back to the OC. Haven't heard from them or the OC since.

I found them quite polite on the phone, but it was a young lady, so she's probably been sacked by now for being too friendly:rolleyes::(

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

lol sacked for being to friendly sounds about right.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

New to this site and wondered who can help.

I have had an initial letter from this company chasing a debt from 2005, as always they had no real info until I request it.

However I have been told that it could be as old as 2003 as it was bought by Arrow Global LLC from Orange Telecoms.

I have absolutely no idea what it is about and need clarification.

Many thanks

Hi All,

New to this site and wondered who can help.

I have had an initial letter from this company chasing a debt from 2005, as always they had no real info until I request it.

However I have been told that it could be as old as 2003 as it was bought by Arrow Global LLC from Orange Telecoms.

I have absolutely no idea what it is about and need clarification.

Many thanks

Hi Bruce and welcome to the CAG.

Please start your own thread, so your problem doesn't get lost amongst Fred Bassett's.

SH

• 3 months later...
Id like to start a new thread but cant see how to do it.

Ive got grief with BryanCarter/Fredricksons for Egg, Allied International for who I dont know yet.

Go here

Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

Then a little way down on the left is a button marked 'New thread'. Hit that and off you go.

And welcome to CAG.

• 1 year later...

The debt is not enforcable if they did not comply with your request after 12 working days provided you sent them the £1 required.Did they send you the £1 back or have they cashed it.If they sent it back it means that they cannot supply you with the details you asked for,if they cashed it they should by law have sent you a copy of the CCA,but if they cashed it and have NOT sent you a CCA after 12 working days they are in breach of the law.As you say it has been 30 days,tell them to get stuffed or you will sue them for theft of £1.

If a debt collection agency rings you up ,just ask to hold the line for a second ,then make a cup of tea and read the paper,its their money not yours,put your phone on loud speaker and listen to the desperation in their voice,then hang up when you get to the sports page,remember you are NOT under any obligation to speak to them at all.They soon get fed up of calling.