Locked threads.

scorpio_manuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Scorpio, you are entitled to your opinion, and I have been happy to let you put your personal point of view of one claim, one bank up to now (and I have been monitoring this thread from the start). But there is no need to get personal towards the moderators, or any other user of this forum, and I hope you can understand that.

In the end, users who come to this forum and will choose what method they want in their attempt to reclaim their bank charges. If it's yours and they get their money back, good for them. If it's the one endorsed by this forum and used to good effect so far, good for them too. Whatever works, IMO.

With little proof except your word for your own methodology, and some serious mistakes uttered by you in the past (the matter of where a case would be heard springs to mind), I would naturally urge any of our readers to exercise some caution if they decided to follow your advice. I would also recommend that you add a disclaimer to your signature like we do, as to avoid any possible comeback to yourself should a forum user follow your example, but fail in their claim.

I have been reading your comments and to begin with felt perhaps you had something of interest to say and a legal point to perhaps be explored. However, it was explored, discussed and I don't think you are correct. Since then your tone has become increasinly patronising, rude and unnecessary. I am glad you succeeded in getting your money back, well done. The purpose of this site is to help others, which you are not doing. You have your money, so if you're not here to help then what are you doing here?

Perhaps you would like to post the letter you used here on the open forum for people to use? That would be more helpful than taking swipes at Moderaters.

If you still feel you have something constructive to say, then please say it CONSTRUCTIVLY. Personally attacking people that are giving their time for free just is not on.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have detailed how I did it in another thread.

Seems you have your own definition of 'detailed'. As I've said repeatedly throughout this thread:

CAN WE SEE THE MAGIC LETTER YET?

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Seems you have your own definition of 'detailed'. As I've said repeatedly throughout this thread:

CAN WE SEE THE MAGIC LETTER YET?

The Magic letter is vertulay the same as the DPA request but amended to include the wording.

I also require copies of all invoices raised for any services or charges provided by the bank to me.

Simple addition that makes all the difference. The bank is obliged to provide an invoice (uniquely numbered etc etc) detailing services provided (even if VAT exempt) the dont send them so cannot disclose them. If they send any then you can request a full break down of the costs of ther service. They are hung both ways dont give them them HMC&E on their backs along with DPA. Then follow through with compliance office phone call/letter. The compliance office acts as the banks enforcer to make sure that they act legally and fairly. They recognised the issues straight away and offered immediate settlement and followed it through till I got the money. Service recovery is used to damage limit how much the bank pays out it is accountable to compliance as well. I was told that they are requesting re-education of the department at a senior leval.

It works for all the banks by the way not just Lloyds. Simple but effective and works.

As I suggested early the holy grail will come to an end in a log jam soon with test cases, appeals etc to be heard and if found to be unlawful charging with stays will be years before cases heard and settled. The court system will have to put a stop to the amount of litigation going through and more courts will take Glousters approach soon.

Kind Regards, Scorpio_manuk.

Just received my Aknowledgement of service from the court.

Signed, sechiari clark and mitchel,

position or office held ( if signing on behalf of firm or company) solicitors to the defendant.

address,

sechiari clark and mitchell,

dept so, p.o. box 499,

1-5 queens road quadrant,

brighton, east sussex.

does this help anyone.

Now this does sound interesting scorpio, but please - more information for everyone here would help a great deal.

What were the exact steps you took? What exact timeframes did you use? How much were the amounts were returned?

For an example, filling out the blanks in the following would no doubt help us all to proceed along the same line you did immensely:

I amended the Subject Access Request Letter with the following line:

"I also require copies of all invoices raised for any services or charges provided by the bank to me."

The bank is obliged to provide an invoice (uniquely numbered etc etc) detailing services provided (even if VAT exempt). They don't send them so cannot disclose them. If they send any then you can request a full break down of the costs of ther service. They are hung both ways, don't give them HMC&E on their backs along with Data Protection Act (Eh?).

I then followed through with phone calls and letters to the compliance office at xxxxxxxx (address & telephone number, possibly individual's names?). I did this before/after the 40 days/within xx days of my letter (etc etc).

The compliance office acts as the banks enforcer to make sure that they act legally and fairly. They recognised the issues straight away and offered immediate settlement and followed it through till I got the money - this took a total of xx days from the first letter I sent them, and they paid up £xxxx.xx promptly.

Service recovery is used to damage limit how much the bank pays out, it is accountable to compliance as well. I was told that they are requesting re-education of the department at a senior level.

You see how much more helpful that'd be to all of us than this shady 'oh I did this and that but I'm not telling you exactly what I did, nor providing any evidence' business?

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Finally i am going to get a say in a thread that hasn't been locked ;) had to read through 4 thread to get up to speed with what has been said. Firstly i don't know why people are replying to his threads but then again i suppose having a laugh at what he is saying is a good enough reason. There are soo many flaws in your story scorpion it is untrue.

29th March Started the Claim Claiming around 10k ;)

7th May Data Protection Act past 40 days. Current account claiming £1655.00. Nowhere near 10k Not received CC statements.

Around the 9th May Sent Prelim letter. Sent first letter recorded delivery as per template in the post asking for my money back.

12th May (Only a few days for a response :o) Then the waffle starts and one person from Lloyds TSB spills the lot out to you over the phone and says he will gladly send you out the final get lost letter to save you the hassle :S HAVE YOU HEARD YOURSELF LOL

15th June Lloyds TSB Settle. :o You get instant reply from first letter in a couple of days say they send you out the reply to the LBA letter when you ring up but takes them a further 1 whole month to offer you the settlement. HOW?

This is how> I managed this by at the Data Protection Act request stage including a paragraph asking for full details of how the charges where arrived at and as they where maintaining it was a service provided a copy of the VAT invoice raised. How is adding that bit in to it automatically make them :o we best pay up. What took you a whole month from the last phone call to this one on the 15th June to raise the issue of the so called VAT bit on the Data Protection Act? I think that you find on the Data Protection Act letters plus the Prelim letters all ask for a breakdown of the "services" that they have unlawfully charged us. Also you say that you get a call from the Compliance in Bristol? I take it they are the Data Protection People then you mean? If so you must be the first person to of got a call from them or even managed to talk to them someone correct me if i am wrong? and these are the ones who decide to offer you the full refund? I wouldnt of thought that they would have the authority.

Payment received 1.7k. what happened to your Credit Card account that seems all quiet on that front seeing as you got no info on that. Did you not get them in the end and add them charges up and add them both together?

I keep all records of every letter i send, people asked you to post it and you couldnt post the proper letter why?

Lastly bet you havent got them though, once again i keep all mine and i have over 30 of them now. Any chance of showing us the reference numbers for the Recorded delivery letters that you sent?

Why would the courts not like people keep starting claims against the banks?? it is easy money for them do you think they care who is claiming aslong as someone is claiming they are making money and are in jobs, Northampton court must be booming with the revenue coming in. and whats even more better for them is they haven't really had to sit any of these claims either If i was the Judge dealing with these claims i would love it :D

what diference does it make who is defending the banks whether it is their own inhouse solicitors or someone acting on behalf for them? It is a small claims no costs awarded the courts couldn't care less if it was Tom Dick or Harry who was defending either you or the banks.

On my behalf I would like to say TAKE ME TO COURT PLEASE I want them to go to court i would love it and with the slightest of chances that i did lose at least i gave it a shot. What would happen is they would have to defend their actions which they don't want to do. Why? Well we all know why that is now don't we.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Now this does sound interesting scorpio, but please - more information for everyone here would help a great deal.

What were the exact steps you took? What exact timeframes did you use? How much were the amounts were returned?

For an example, filling out the blanks in the following would no doubt help us all to proceed along the same line you did immensely:

You see how much more helpful that'd be to all of us than this shady 'oh I did this and that but I'm not telling you exactly what I did, nor providing any evidence' business?

Reload,

What I did was add the words as previously advised as a belt and braces operation still sent letter 1 and 2 14 and 28 days. But as well on advice I got in contact with Compliance (Thats the department that oversees all the operations of the bank to make sure that all legislation and regulation is adhered to) They do not make their phone numbers/address readly available but found it on Usenet sites so got in touch. They are not jobs worth people and will listern to whats said and have brains and clout to boot. They can overrule any department in the bank except audit which is what they did. I also had issues on a loan which I raised with them and they sorted that out inside a day as well. The service recovery department is an extension of the collections department and plays by the collection rules to cut down on payments as we have all seen. Compliance normal deals with just letters and setting policy/making sure its complied with. If their phone numbers become to open then they simply change them to save themselves from being swamped. I beleive they are reviewing what is going on with service recovery now and how they are handling things. The invoice route is a valid route to take on this as if the block either legial finding or court putting on stays till a few test cases have worked there way through the system to House of Lords leval this route can still be used to re-claim. As with any other method when it gets used enough and heaverly then blocks get put in place and yet another route will need to be found.

PPauls150 I got the credit card debt wiped clean because no records or details sent on the DPA request. Also refunds in full with interest on misssold Loan protection insurance and 2 years worth of repayments which cleared the loan as well. So I am really debt free and a bit of cash in hand and free of Lloyds at last. The 10k was an all in figure I wanted and in the end I got a bit more out of them in total.

Kind Regards, Scorpio_manuk.

You only need to register with Companies house if you are a Limited Company. Very few, if any, law firms are limited companies. I would be astonished if you found a law firm listed at companies house.

Without getting in to ins and outs of company law, generally as a business begins to grow the owners decide to form a limited company so that they can benefit from certain protections if the company goes bust - hence the name "limited company". The "limited" part means that the Direcotrs enjoy limited liability for any losses.

Nowadays you also have LLP, which stands for 'Limited Liability Partnership', whcih is what a lot of law firms are becoming. Again, nothing to do with Companies house, but a way for the partners in law firms to limit their persoanl liability in the event that the firm goes bust.

• Confused 1

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

You only need to register with Companies house if you are a Limited Company. Very few, if any, law firms are limited companies. I would be astonished if you found a law firm listed at companies house.

Without getting in to ins and outs of company law, generally as a business begins to grow the owners decide to form a limited company so that they can benefit from certain protections if the company goes bust - hence the name "limited company". The "limited" part means that the Direcotrs enjoy limited liability for any losses.

Nowadays you also have LLP, which stands for 'Limited Liability Partnership', whcih is what a lot of law firms are becoming. Again, nothing to do with Companies house, but a way for the partners in law firms to limit their persoanl liability in the event that the firm goes bust.

Well said Robert!!!!! this thread has been getting ridiculous. I have studied law and I can't be bothered to put my beak in. Your answer was clear and concise as opposed to generating volumes in reply. Bravo old bean!

RBOS: Fob off letter recieved 28th June.

LBA for £2,690 & LBA for £3,240 sent 1st July. Replt to LBA'S recieved 14/7/06......fob off again!!! watch this space

:lol: MCOL submitted 19/07/06 :cool:

I cant see whats wrong with the original thread, it seems scorpio knows quite a bit about the law, has anyone from the site looked into his claims?

Hate to burst the bubble it is Elliot taking Lloys TSB to court and not the bank taking him to court. So he obviously doesn't know that much about the law!

RBOS: Fob off letter recieved 28th June.

LBA for £2,690 & LBA for £3,240 sent 1st July. Replt to LBA'S recieved 14/7/06......fob off again!!! watch this space

:lol: MCOL submitted 19/07/06 :cool:

• 3 months later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks