• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Locked threads.

scorpio_manuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barracad,

You have shown yourself to be rather silly in locking the thread and a complete lack of knowledge of the law along with reload, others will see this as well. Simply read whats there admit you have no knowledge about this matter and let others try to get there money back in a quicker manner than they are now. The banks are beginging to hit back now and the glouster court thread of stays someone put it in the judges mind about Lloyds going to take a few cases to court to try and set presidence which was their sloicitors not rocket science to work out. So if their is a way of getting things done by the back door by a strike out of defence then people should be given the option and getting people paid more quickly they should be allowed to take it. Not because you go into a hissy fit !!! One case to watch out for in the high Court soon is a case coming up that will decide if a company should be treated the same as a living person when it comes to litigation either criminal or cival as required under EEC Law. If thats won then the banks as every one else (defendants) will have the right to transfer to local courts to them.

So up to you if you want to look silly and loose all credability on the site and the site will loose credability as well. Carry on shutting down threads and people who try to help others out. By the way I got all my fees back with out issuing along with my fathers and a couple of friends as well. Worth listerning to what I say as you are asking people to blindly follow you and pay out £350 of money they can not afford in some cases hope you can sleep well at night their is no holy grail in this. Only what works at the time when one route gets blocked try another !!!.

Kind regards, Scorpio_manuk

I cant see whats wrong with the original thread, it seems scorpio knows quite a bit about the law, has anyone from the site looked into his claims?

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

Hi scorpio,

Please - prove to us that telling a judge that the defendent's firm of solicitors are actually the defendents themselves will work. I just cannot see how you can prove such a claim to a county court Judge without him laughing in your face. Instead of us both posting insults and, certainly in at least one case yourself, unjustified advice with no evidence backing it up (Court cases being referred to the local court of a bank), let's both try to be constructive instead, please?

I'm sure we'd all also be very interested to hear on the exact process you went through to get your charges returned - copies of your letters for EG, the exact laws you based your letters on. Please, educate us.

One case to watch out for in the high Court soon is a case coming up that will decide if a company should be treated the same as a living person when it comes to litigation either criminal or cival as required under EEC Law. If thats won then the banks as every one else (defendants) will have the right to transfer to local courts to them.

This does sound a very interesting case, although it puts a somewhat different light on your earlier thread RE: Banks being able to repeatedly delay cases and force them to be transferred to their local court.

Do you have the details for the case? The name/case number etc?

£350 - where the hell did you get that figure from? For small claims court cases over £1500 the fee is £120 for filing the claim, and £100 for returning the Allocation Questionnaire. Both fees are returnable either in settlement or in a successful win.

Lastly, as far as I'm aware the Gloucester judge has only put a stay on two cases. Both of which, I believe, people are applying - justifiably - an objection to the stay and proceeding with their case as normal.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I cant see whats wrong with the original thread, it seems scorpio knows quite a bit about the law, has anyone from the site looked into his claims?

Dappa44,

What I did was very simple and what I would recomend to everyone. I looked and all the money claiming back sites and looked at what was working and what was not, worked my plan of action out with bits from all. Got a friend who is a qualified solicitor who does free work for the Citizens advice to give it the once over for good measure and it worked for me with out issuing court proceeding there are loads of other people out their that have won with out issuing proceedings even now. You just have to be one step ahead of the game with the banks before they block the route. This forum is closed to ideas of how to speed up matters its one track focused thats why so many people are log jammed now in the legal system. The courts are going to get more upset when their lists get full thats why stays will be granted to free up time till more test cases get put though a higher court. So what is needed is another way to get the money back from the banks. Whats needed is a thread of fresh ideas to be looked at and contributed by every one on finding away for quicker payments for all. Worth a try at least if the powers that be would allow it to happen but I think they wont some how as they see them selves on a misson with the holly grail.

Kind regards, Scorpio_manuk.

Dappa44,

What I did was very simple and what I would recomend to everyone. I looked and all the money claiming back sites and looked at what was working and what was not, worked my plan of action out with bits from all.

Care to share an example of one of your letters?

Fact of the matter is: This process does work as it is. Some banks choose to drag it out longer than others, pretend to defend from a different angle, etc etc.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Care to share an example of one of your letters?

Fact of the matter is: This process does work as it is. Some banks choose to drag it out longer than others, pretend to defend from a different angle, etc etc.

Relaod,

Before shooting off the hip any more go to the companies house web site use the free service for checking on companies both PLC and Limited and put the name of the solicitors in and then post the results to this site. If you then what to enter into a genuine storming session to get people their money back quicker then I will do so. Court costs of £250 to issue and alloction fees of £100 have been repeatly posted on tis site thats how £350 is arrived at.

Kind regards, Scorpio_manuk

Companies House - specifically, WebCHeck Find Information On A Company

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Lloyds TSB Asset Finance Division Limited (NB: There is no "Lloyds TSB Asset Management Division" listed)

I can find absolutely no information on the companies house site about a company named Sechiari, Clarke and Mitchell. If anyone can come forward with a registered address and/or registered company number, it'd help. However, Waterlow legal - Your gateway to legal advice, forms, services, documents, aid and help has 4 seperate offices of Sechiari Clark & Mitchell listed. The Brighton address is identical to that of Lloyd's Brighton collection centre 1 - 9 Brighton place. Although this does not necessarily mean Lloyds pay their wages directly; they could quite easily be working out of the same building for convenience.

As reference: Martineau Johnson Trustees Ltd. This is MJ, address matches that of the registered office on the letter I received yesterday.

Point noted about the court costs. However, you have to admit that the majority of cases through these forums do not end up with a court claim filed, and indeed £250 is an exceptional case given that the average amount from the survey reclaimed so far would call for an £80 fee alone.

Now, are you willing to allow us to see this magic letter of yours?

"I can find absolutely no information on the companies house site about a company named Sechiari, Clarke and Mitchell. If anyone can come forward with a registered address and/or registered company number, it'd help. However, Waterlow legal - Your gateway to legal advice, forms, services, documents, aid and help has 4 seperate offices of Sechiari Clark & Mitchell listed. The Brighton address is identical to that of Lloyd's Brighton collection centre 1 - 9 Brighton place. Although this does not necessarily mean Lloyds pay their wages directly; they could quite easily be working out of the same building for convenience. ""

Reload let the light go on if they are not registered at companies house they are not a leagaly trading company. They are using what is called a trading style to hide their identity. Proff enough for a judge to rule that the court forms not filled in correctly trufefully and honestly as per wording that all parties have to sign. That way defence is struck out and summery judgement given. Care to check this out on legal sites then post back what you find.

Kind Regards, Scorpio_manuk.

Nicely done Ihatebanks - I'd just found that site. Here is the info for their head office - coincidentally completely different from anything Lloyds-ish.

As for the rest of your assertions scorpio_manuk, you've basically just stated that any Sole Trader or Partnership, or for that matter any unincorporated or un-limited company, is not a "legally trading company". Interesting in the context of a Legal Partnership.

I'm going to leave this thread here, as I really can't be bothered to argue the toss over this any more. I don't dispute it's possible to get a claim struck out in the circumstances you describe, however I'm going to stick my neck out and categorically say that SCM are NOT Lloyds TSB Bank PLC. They may operate cases for them, but they are most definately not one and the same company.

Unless, of course... can we see your magic letter yet?

Head Office address is

SECHIARI CLARK & MITCHELL

116 Cockfosters Road

BARNET

HERTFORDSHIRE

EN4 0DY

ENGLAND

Prehaps LSTB is their Largest Customer and they find it easier to work within the same building this would obviousley save on costs and time

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Nicely done Ihatebanks - I'd just found that site. Here is the info for their head office - coincidentally completely different from anything Lloyds-ish.

As for the rest of your assertions scorpio_manuk, you've basically just stated that any Sole Trader or Partnership, or for that matter any unincorporated or un-limited company, is not a "legally trading company". Interesting in the context of a Legal Partnership.

I'm going to leave this thread here, as I really can't be bothered to argue the toss over this any more. I don't dispute it's possible to get a claim struck out in the circumstances you describe, however I'm going to stick my neck out and categorically say that SCM are NOT Lloyds TSB Bank PLC. They may operate cases for them, but they are most definately not one and the same company.

Unless, of course... can we see your magic letter yet?

Reload, Its all Lloydish addresses for the different divisions they act for. You cannot escape they are not a registered company in the UK ETC Etc. Regardless of legal partnership they have to be registered to trade in the UK. I can understand you lossing interest especially when you dont want to admit whats stareing you in the face well people will draw their own conclusions on this as the facts speak for themselves.

Kind Regards, Scorpio_manuk

Just to reiterate the point. You're stating that any business not registered with Companies House is operating illegally?

Can we see your magic letter yet?

The methods outlined on this site have, so far, enabled 1043 people to recover over £1M - I know which way I shall do it and I would suggest everybody else who is serious does the same.

scorpio_manuk's method appears to be a bit of a "one trick pony," for example, what happens if the banks solicitors are registered with the Law Society and Companies House?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I am a sole trader and not registered at companies house,( I AM NOT ILLEGAL)You dont have to registar at companies house unless you are a Limited Company LTD PLC LLP etc

I have a few friends who are solictors(Convayencing) one sole trader and one in a partnership neither are registered at Companies House I think its upto the partners if they form a limited company or not

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

It is, there are many perfectly legal forms a "Company" can take and not all companies need to be registered at Companies House.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

just from a legal point of view it would be inappropriate for a firm registered with the Law society to be one and the same as one of its biggest clients. Also it would disclose on companies house in the notes if the two firms were associated. If you can give me the Company No I can check as I'm registered with the Companies house direct!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

I am a sole trader and not registered at companies house,( I AM NOT ILLEGAL)You dont have to registar at companies house unless you are a Limited Company LTD PLC LLP etc

I have a few friends who are solictors(Convayencing) one sole trader and one in a partnership neither are registered at Companies House I think its upto the partners if they form a limited company or not

Yep whats your turn over a year, what do you think theirs is way above the limit also for VAT registraion purposes ETC. All address lead to Lloyds TSB offices. Also check out on the web search all hits on solicitors and you will find every one is Lloyds TSB or client based.

Kind regards, Malcolm Reffell.

LLPs are a relatively new thing and solicitors are not allowed to be Limited Companies, It has nothing to do with turnover although it is unlikely a company with such a high turnover would be anything but due to tax planning!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

The methods outlined on this site have, so far, enabled 1043 people to recover over £1M - I know which way I shall do it and I would suggest everybody else who is serious does the same.

scorpio_manuk's method appears to be a bit of a "one trick pony," for example, what happens if the banks solicitors are registered with the Law Society and Companies House?

Law society state that they beleive its a trading style and under DPA act they can not disclose who owns the company.

just from a legal point of view it would be inappropriate for a firm registered with the Law society to be one and the same as one of its biggest clients. Also it would disclose on companies house in the notes if the two firms were associated. If you can give me the Company No I can check as I'm registered with the Companies house direct!

Hi Stacymason,

The company is not registed at companies house, I have spoken to them as well as checking on line. Also as a general enquiry the say that they would have expected them to be for limited liability cover, tax advantages, Etc, Etc. I agree with what you say as being inappropaiate Etc. Bear in mind that the banks all use so called "debt collection companies" which in reality are in house debt collection staff.

Law society state that they beleive its a trading style and under Data Protection Act act they can not disclose who owns the company.

That may be so, but what if they are not using this firm? What if the bank or Credit Card company are using any other firm? What if someone is not claiming from Lloyds?

Your method is still somewhat tenuous and, as you have yet to reveal any details, still unproven. The methods outlined here however, have worked every time for over 1000 people.

Why must you reinvent the wheel?

People must decide for themselves when conflicting advice is offered .Do you follow tried and tested steps by people with numerous post counts or do you follow someone who does not back up what they say with evidence .Please judge carefully .If in any doubt please seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

People must decide for themselves when conflicting advice is offered .Do you follow tried and tested steps by people with numerous post counts or do you follow someone who does not back up what they say with evidence .Please judge carefully .If in any doubt please seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

Yes Iagree before you post check the threads, I have detailed how I did it in another thread. A simple addition to the DPA request and then straight to compiance department pure and simple no Service recovery department which means loss prevention department. Not rocket science. I cannot agree with you more about proffesional advice, from the standard of advice from forum moderators and their ability to understand issues you should add look at other sites and see what is currently working as well with little or no cost to yourselves. The bubble will burst on this method as sure as eggs are eggs and people need other routes to tread to get there money back.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks