• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sorn+clamped+ OFF ROAD

clever dicky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, first post.

Nice to know there's a growing community spirit aghast at the police state we've almost become.

My vehicle properly sorn off road and MOT'd normally resides in my relatives back garden. Since we had to clear a load of rubbish weeds etc. i moved it on to our service road for the day. It just happened to be the day our secret police nepalese friends, enlisted to do dvlas dirty work decided to pop round with there scanners.And sure enough it was clamped. Rang them and got the bad news, it was a public road ??? and almost convinced these **** should tow away it away for good as a favour.

So Got clamp off (without damaging it) and moved it into garden they came past early morning looking to tow it but couldnt. I rang them again and agreed to pay. Two hundred pounds. 120 refunded within week of getting tax.

Thing is it was and is a service road. I was straight on to local council who agreed, but when I said why I rang they said it didnt matter still liable. (obv a cut from dvla) County council were a bit better. Took two weeks but eventually got a little copy of a ordanance map showing road was outside their blue line and Highways chap agreed is UNadopted. Have written to NCP **** asking for refund but no word yet. I cant realy go to court for 80 quid, so what are the options.

To say its all about preventing crime and terrorism is crap. Its about money.

Hi dicky and welcome

I cant realy go to court for 80 quid,

Oh yes you can, give them 7 days notice to refund in a letter before action, and then go through with it.

You will also get back the court costs and anything the council charged you as well.

Do it - don't let it run on.

No Charge from council, but where / how do I start. (Is there a how to take to court section or threatening letter templates anywhere)

I did wonder if it might be worth writing to the DVLA prosecuter at my local office - portsmouth. I now no its pointless to ever try and ring the dvla again.

But the definition of a publivc highway is different for VED and VRM. It is a road "maintained at public expenses" - which an unadopted raod is not.

Vehicle Excise and Registration Act S.62(1) refers:

• “public road”—
    (a)
    in England and Wales and Northern Ireland, means a road which is repairable at the public expense, and

(b)
    in Scotland, has the same meaning as in the [1984 c. 54.] Roads (Scotland) Act 1984,

That reminds me, there is a bit in the road traffic act - direct gov version that mentions roads 'adjoining' public road, so even an unadopted road if it runs parallel or touches a public road which could be anything outside .

I think they 'mean' when they say off road private land... like a farm or more likely private estate.

But another thread yeah.

interesting if anyone has similar issues or success

no idea what vrm means, however in my case it was sorn'd.

difficult bit is getting them to accept an un adopted road is off road - by definition.

VRM - Vehicle Registration Mark

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

no idea what vrm means, however in my case it was sorn'd.

difficult bit is getting them to accept an un adopted road is off road - by definition.

As I understand it, the Council have stated that the road is unadopted and not maintained at their expenses. If they haven't stated the last bit, then write to them again and ask who is responsible for the upkeep of this road.

Copy this and quote the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act to them.

All that matters is that the road concerned is not maintained at public expense.

Yes they have said (confirmed over the phone) and then chap sent me a little copy of a map. Although he tried to tell me it actually didnt matter - in regards to dvla. I said it did.

It IS an unadopted road and is owned & maintained by a local housing assoc.

Whatever is said or done that is, and more importantly WAS the situation on the day of clamping. However they may weasel their way out of it.

The controversy is that the ncp drones prior to me checking this, assured me that they have already detailed areas of roads supplied from (the same) council.

They're either up each others backsides or in each others pockets.

However the council cannot lie about an un adopted road. It is what it is.

in council terms an unadopted road means that it is not normally maintained by the council. You need to check whether in the course of their duties on this occasion they were employed by the local authority or by the housing association to which you refer.

Where I live the parking wardens covering the public streets often cover private property too and so you need to check this out before you do anything good luck xxxx

in council terms an unadopted road means that it is not normally maintained by the council. You need to check whether in the course of their duties on this occasion they were employed by the local authority or by the housing association to which you refer.

Where I live the parking wardens covering the public streets often cover private property too and so you need to check this out before you do anything good luck xxxx

Sorry, but this is irrelevant; we are talking here about clamping for no VED, not parking. These cowboys were employed by the DVLA.

If it is not on the public highway, it does not need VED and cannot lawfully be clamped.

Write (not phone) and demand repayment of your £200 (or £80 if that is all that is outstanding). Point out that the place where they clamped the vehicle is not a public highway within the meaning of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act. Give them 14 days to pay you.

If you here nothing, repeat the letter but add at the top "Letter before Action" and in the text add a paragraph that if you are not paid within a further 14 days, you will raise a court claim against them with further notice.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this old post up again when so many others are clearly having your own troubles.

Continuing on with the saga, all ready reading up on small claims etc. when I get a letter from the DVLA telling me I have ben reported for driving with out ved.

After carefully checking date on the receipt I thankfully kept, I had bought ved after **** clamped me unlawfully and made me hand over monies until I had, I fired off a nice long letter telling them they had made a mistake (another one) and that I had tax etc. on the day.

Reply was that if I bothered to check, my tax was incorrect therefore pay one hundred an eighty pound (again) or go to court. In my haste to buy tax on the 20th of the month, for said ncp clamping **** I had been sold a tax from the 1st of the NEXT month, (May I think). So on the day i was reported 28th I was 'technically' using no tax.

Rather unfair, so I've offered to pay a months tax (at the higher six month rate) and hope they'll settle for that.

This is all just going too far. . .

They are making it so patiently obvious now that they are under 'strict' orders to make as much money as possible and not even take death as an excuse.

If that is not the reason, then they really are the thickest people to ever operate in a department.

My betting is that it is a combination of both.

I wonder when they will start calling 10 times a day like some others I could mention.

Update:

[EDIT] at DVLA are still taking me to court AND they have the extra months tax I paid, as (part payment) to the £189 fine what a bloody cheek.

I tell you, the way things are now, the 42 days and now they want to legally acept anonymous witnesses in courts. THIS IS NOW A POLICE STATE.

I cant believe why anyone hasn't announced this on the 10'clock news.

Even in lawless Mugabe's regime you can fight back.

What chance does anyone have in THIS God forsaken country, that so many fought and died for, when your fellow countrymen will take you to court for being sold the wrong date on a car tax.And you offer to pay.

Edited by Rooster-UK
Bypassing swear filter.

Unadopted Road is NOT covered by the RTA 1988, so is therefore not liable for VEL or INS, no matter what. also a little unknown fact is if the road is listed by OS as a "UNKNOWN" or "UNNAMED" road it is also not covered regardless if it is maintained at public expense.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

just waiting to here back from NCP- if I ever do. Sent them letter from housing assc who do own the road confirming its owned by them , not council AND not maintained by public funds. They say its not for paarking in but hey.

DVLA pased thebuck completly.

Sorry to drag this old post up again when so many others are clearly having your own troubles.

Continuing on with the saga, all ready reading up on small claims etc. when I get a letter from the DVLA telling me I have ben reported for driving with out ved.

After carefully checking date on the receipt I thankfully kept, I had bought ved after **** clamped me unlawfully and made me hand over monies until I had, I fired off a nice long letter telling them they had made a mistake (another one) and that I had tax etc. on the day.

Reply was that if I bothered to check, my tax was incorrect therefore pay one hundred an eighty pound (again) or go to court. In my haste to buy tax on the 20th of the month, for said ncp clamping **** I had been sold a tax from the 1st of the NEXT month, (May I think). So on the day i was reported 28th I was 'technically' using no tax.

Rather unfair, so I've offered to pay a months tax (at the higher six month rate) and hope they'll settle for that.

This is all just going too far. . .

That happened to my youngest son, he'd bought a car from a friend, but he's not even got a provisional license, so when the tax ran out, I bought it from him as I needed a car of my own. It was clamped the day I was going to pick it up, so my son rang me & told me what had happened, gave me ncp's phone number, was told I had to go down to the pound, paid the £200, had it unclamped, then drove it from my son's to the garage for an MOT, I then got it taxed & took it home. Took the tax disc down to the pound, told me a cheque would be sent to me in a week (more like 4). Forgot about it, then my son got a letter from the DVLA stating that the car was stiil outside his house untaxed, I got on the phone & ranted & raved, & said they need to get their facts right before they start wrongly accusing peeps. He's since got a letter of apology.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one of my cars clamped today for being reported as "Abandnoned" by a friendly neighbour. Spoke to the clamper chap who was quite a sound chap and offered to remove the clamp if I could pull the car away from my neigbours wall. At the time I couldn't because I have no keys for it yet.

The car is SORN'd and parked on a lane giving access to the rears of the houses. It is not causing an obstruction to anyone. Only problem is that this chap likes to park 3 of his 4 cars along this wall. He even admitted that he notified the police who inturn notified the DVLA.

Spoke to NCP chap who said that I had done nothing worng but as the instruction had come from the police he had to leave the clamp on it.

Spoke to police who were about as much use as a chocolate teapot and had no record of being informed about the car.

I now have until 5pm tomorrow (3rd July) to make arrangements to move the car or have it removed to NCP's compound.

All this because a neighbour can't park his car where he wants to. I sould add that the road is not maintained by the council or anyone else for that matter. Yet the car has still been clamped.

So any suggstions? Appart from actually sitting in the car when they come to tow it..... And they have clamped the steel spare wheel which means that 3 alloys are removable and I just need to break into the boot to get the 4th. Probably worth more than the car too....

Nice result. DVLA removed the clamp off the car this morning. The chap had recieved instruction from the DVLA to remove it. I asked about it and was told that the car is legal.

Whatever happened to community spirit eh? Well, thats one neighbour off my christmas card list.