Technical Advice please - Barclays & Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have recently found this website and have not stopped reading!

Have been happily going along the last two weeks, following advice from here have just sent off my CCA's and entered into a DMP with Payplan.

Having cancelled all payments in the interim, I have just discovered that I neglected to cancel one to Mercers (Barclaycard collections). It left my account this morning and have been on the phone to them and Barclays to have this payment recalled/cancelled/refunded. It was on an agreed arrangement to debit my card each month, so am being told that neither companies can do anything about it.

Apart from the fact that I want my money back, having just started my DMP I don't know whether this payment will go against me in the eyes of other creditors?

Would be most grateful for any advice on the below questions -

Is there anyway to get my payment back through Mercers or Barclays?

Are they allowed to call a payment if a CCA has been received (it was signed for Recorded Delivery last week)?

Will this have any effect on my DMP (will obviously speak to Payplan also)?

(I am so angry at myself for forgetting to cancel this one! I am such a ditz)

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Red and welcome to CAG,

I really doubt you'll get the pay't back and would be better putting this one down to experience.

They have set times by which to respond to your CCA request and taking the pay't as they did is allowable.

When/if they fail to respond properly to your CCA request, they are not allowed to do certain things but it's up to you to stop paying them.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You're welcome.

Let us know how you get on.:D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)