Could MBNA get charging order?

Apoplectic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two of my grandfathers rolled up a trouser leg on a regular basis and both achieved modest rank in the publicly acknowledged part of the brotherhood (ie that part which is reasonably honest and relatively harmless.) One of them seriously fell out with them but lived to a good age, the other achieved a position of some power in Greenwich, where he was able to give out work when there wasn't much of it around. But every six weeks or so he went on a bender and gran had go and retrieve him from under a train seat in Dartford Carriage sidings. Ah, they don't make 'em like that anymore!

Apoplectic,

That rings so many bells you wouldn't believe it. I used to live in South East London and worked in Central London. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I had a few pints at Charing Cross (usually because the indicator board was a big mass of red) then got on a train and fell asleep. I've been all over Kent in my time and lost about 3 briefcases (and probably caused 3 bomb scares) in the process.

The reason I left London was because I was scared s***less at what would happen once the Channel Tunnel opened. Can you imagine this 'phone call home: "Well it's like this dear, it looks like Marble Arch but it's a bit bigger and the cars are going round the wrong way".

Happy days!

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!

Ah, they don't make 'em like that anymore!

...and more's the pity!

A little bit of bad behaviour like that is entirely appropriate, and more people should try it.

I know I did...er, do (sometimes, but not as often as I'd like).

Dartford

Ah, Wife sort of came from there, so know it well!

Small world.

Cheers,

BRW

Fred - I also have drunk a few pints at Charing X, waiting for Loop Line train.

BRW - If I mention Rolling Stone you'll know where I went to school with Mick.

Now I live where the peasants are grossly obese due to centuries of in-breeding and there's more Polish than English spoken in Tescos. The Early Pilgrim Fathers came this way but wisely moved on quickly after a short spell in clink. And King John did NOT lose any treasure (a myth) but might have got a bit wet. That's your starter for 10.

I've had a reply from the HSE which I haven't got time at the mo to absorb. In the meantime get your minds around this . . .

We've drifted off my elderly rel probs with the clowns of Cheshire. It seems his problems are over now, however. He has just received a letter from them offering to lend him more money!!!!!!

Hello Apoplectic!

We've drifted off my elderly rel probs with the clowns of Cheshire. It seems his problems are over now, however. He has just received a letter from them offering to lend him more money!!!!!!

I believe that means they have broken one of the OFT Rules when attempting to Enforce a Debt.

Keep the Loan Offer Letter, obviously! That will come in handy as your case against them takes shape.

If I can dig up the Rule they have just ignored, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

BRW

BRW

Here- OFT Guidelines on debt collection

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing

BRW, do you mind if I pm you? I might be able to help on the barcode stuff.

Fred

just a siily idea when you go in a tescos hypermarket they have a point where you can check the price of thing s try and get the reader to read it ----- it costs nothing worth a go ---- unless you know what format tesco prices are in ????

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hello FC!

...when you go in a tescos hypermarket they have a point where you can check the price of thing s try and get the reader to read it...

It might be worth a try, but I think their System will be geared to certain Barcode Formats. Retail Goods tend to use a fairly established set, whereas Royal Mail etc use Postal Barcodes, so I think the Tesco thing will just burp!

But, anything is worth a try, as I have yet to establish how to decode these Orange Barcodes. I'm getting close, but not there yet!

Cheers,

BRW

Also, Tesco barcodes won't have the price on them, they will have some product code which is linked into their database -all the information you might be interested in will be there not on the barcode itself. Unless your barcode is in the right format, it will just burp as you said. If it is in the right format and coincidentally corresponds to a Tescos product code, all you will get is the price of the corresponding product.

Hello Steven!

Yes, I regret that is what would probably happen.

Can't really stand up in Court and tell the Judge, look, I have proof that these bankers sent me a Tin of Beans costing £1.21!

Rather than repeat it all here, the Post here in one of my Threads has a summary of what I have found out about these Orange Barcodes so far.

I'm close, but need to work out how they are coding A-Z and 0-9 etc in this Barcode. When I can find that, decoding them will be fairly easy by anyone, as I will create a Template that should make it reasonably easy.

I fear it's a Postal Barcode but one where Royal Mail have adopted their own Set of Codes as it's only for Royal Mail use. Thus, they have never needed to Publish an explanation of how Data is coded.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Steven!

Can't really stand up in Court and tell the Judge, look, I have proof that these bankers sent me a Tin of Beans costing £1.21!

Rather than repeat it all here, the Post here in one of my Threads has a summary of what I have found out about these Orange Barcodes so far.

I'm close, but need to work out how they are coding A-Z and 0-9 etc in this Barcode. When I can find that, decoding them will be fairly easy by anyone, as I will create a Template that should make it reasonably easy.

I fear it's a Postal Barcode but one where Royal Mail have adopted their own Set of Codes as it's only for Royal Mail use. Thus, they have never needed to Publish an explanation of how Data is coded.

Cheers,

BRW

Oh dear, I had just taken a mouthful of coffee as I read that !!:D

Interesting scenario though. xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OK

THESE companies are supposed to have some form of note system where when a letter is sent (generated) automatically (like the pink pig) it is logged. think about it anyon can look at the account so there has to be a record !!! -- it is called something like a collections history file --- where all the chasing up of you is kept : this must be revealed on a dsar ---

if they don't reveal it ask them to explain to a judge how theuy know what is going on

now with your dsar they have to give you explanatory notes on the meaning of the shortened words. ( thinking about it all sorts of thing are regarded as documents-- and the envelope because it contains data could be argued to be a document , cctv has been referred to as a document in court )[so can you see where i am coming from here ?]

==============

data protection act says

8 Provisions supplementary to section 7

(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations provide that, in such cases as may be prescribed, a request for information under any provision of subsection (1) of section 7 is to be treated as extending also to information under other provisions of that subsection.

(2) The obligation imposed by section 7(1)©(i) must be complied with by supplying the data subject with a copy of the information in permanent form unless—

(a) the supply of such a copy is not possible or would involve disproportionate effort, or

(b) the data subject agrees otherwise;

and where any of the information referred to in section 7(1)©(i) is expressed in terms which are not intelligible without explanation the copy must be accompanied by an explanation of those terms.

==============

Data Protection Act 1998 (c. 29)

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hello Steven!

Cheers,

BRW

BRW,

I hope I'm not stating the blindingly obvious here, but have you looked at this:

Royal Mail 4-State Barcode (RM4SCC)

Regards.

Fred

PS: There's even some software you can download as a trial version - could be just what you're looking for.

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hello Fred!

Many thanks, it could've been useful.

Sadly, the RM4SCC, or the Royal Mail 4 State Customer Code is not what they use with the Orange Barcodes.

I can read the RM4SCC no problem. They have plenty of Documentation for it, as it is intended for Customers to use when sending out Bulk Mail. It mainly lets people add a Postcode based Barcode to speed sorting.

However, it's not the Orange Barcode, unfortunately.

I've tried to decode those using RM4SCC, and it doesn't relate.

Nice try though Fred, as it looks very similar. I thought I'd found it too when I first came across that. Wasn't to be, sadly.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

BRW

Update

My elderly relative (who is in a care home) received 4 letters yesterday from Chester. The contents make it clear to me that previous correspondence had not been read. Two of the letters were from the McGrath 'person' (does he exist? see another thread). I contacted Cheshire police a couple of weeks ago about possible harassment by this 'person' and will now be in touch with them again, but at a higher level.

Update

My elderly relative (who is in a care home) received 4 letters yesterday from Chester. The contents make it clear to me that previous correspondence had not been read. Two of the letters were from the McGrath 'person' (does he exist? see another thread). I contacted Cheshire police a couple of weeks ago about possible harassment by this 'person' and will now be in touch with them again, but at a higher level.

I spoke with someone at National Debtline yesterday and he said he used to work for Capital one and the signatories of their letters are mostly pseudonyms so I guess that could work for MBNA as well. He reckons that people feel more threatened by a 'Real Person' as it looks as though a human is actually dealing with their personal situation ??

That might have worked a few years ago, when sites like CAG didnt exist, but now they do.. people can see these are just computer generated gumph x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for that information. If it is not illegal, then it ought to be!! In my book it is a corrupt practice.

You will get no argument from me on that :D

BCOBS