Please can you help me- I am so confused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you help me- I am so confused:o

Ok long story short

I defaulted on a loan to NatWest in 2006 after a period of extensive sickness, I owe them £3750. Last year I was taken to court by Interim Justica, I now have a CCJ for this loan. I have been paying £30 per month to solicitors Irwin Mitchell in respect of this debt. I have never defaulted - each month I pay said solicitors agreed amount-no worries or so I thought.

Yesterday I receive a letter demanding the full amount (but no details at all on letter as to what the amount actually is) by a company called AIC. I ring them because I am confused after all I am paying Irwin Mitchell on behalf of InJust.

The individual I spoke to was disgusting, he asked me to pass the phone to someone in my household who was 'sane' because I am obviously not! I of course refused and he went on to tell me that I have defaulted on my CCJ and therefore the amount must be paid now in full and they are coming to my house to take the debt in kind! When I questioned which month I had defaulted (knowing I hadn't) he couldn't reply.

I rang Irwin Mitchell and InJust both inform that NatWest took the debt from them and now AIC are handling this. They were both good enough to furnish me with spreadsheets on my payments and everything else I need to prove that I have been paying.

But I don't know what to do next. I really do not wish to talk to these individuals again ( I told the guy he was a ****** and he threatened to 'hurt' me'.) I certainly don't want to send them my money but of course I do wish to clear this debt. They have threatened to take me to court but how can they if there is already a CCJ on that debt?

Shouldnt I have been informed that this debt had been passed on (which happened in February) and why was the the money I pay each month not been returned from Irwin Mitchell solicitors?

Do I have to pay this debt because my agreement was with Irwin Mitchell on behalf of InJust and not AIC?

Thanks for your help

I've just posted this on another AIC thread:

I had similar problems with AIC, although fortunately they didn't have my works telephone number.

However, I listed all the details of their harrasment and various

dirty tricks and sent them to the original creditor. I also cc'd the chairman

of the original creditor and I cc'd in my member of parliament.

I sent the letters recorded delivery.

Within a week I had a letter from the original creditor apologising for the behaviour of AIC. They said they would investigate the matter, and meanwhile the debt has been returnd to the original creditor who

are looking at writing it off.

Thank you AIC :p

Hi there, the most important thing in all this is that they are harrassing you for payment when you are plainly complying correctly with a court order! A letter to the court detailing the situation might result in AIC being summoned to court to explain their actions.

If you need any help with writing the letter, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have canceled my standing order to Irwin Mitchell solicitors- was this the correct thing to do?

NO!!

You must keep paying the amount agreed by the Courts. AIC are bullying barstewards. If they want an increase in payments then they MUST get the approval of the Court. Make a formal complaint to the Courts and AIC