O2 broadband and Phone line - is this package offered?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No first you will need a BT line installed as it is usually ADSL type service being offered by O2, which is not compatible with Virgin Media's cable phone lines!

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

can't O2 install the phoneline?

No first you will need a BT line installed as it is usually ADSL type service being offered by O2, which is not compatible with Virgin Media's cable phone lines!

• 3 weeks later...

O2 have the same rights as BT to install a line, but loads of companies don't.

1st check here to see if O2 can supply line and broadband

Samknows Broadband - Availability checker

then contact O2 to see if they will install the line for you, if not see what they will provide on a BT line.

If O2 won't install the line and can't provide any services on the BT line, and you have connect via BT it's going to prove expensive to take the O2 deal... £124.99 to install the line, £70 to terminate your contract (You will need to sign up for a 12/18 month term, and termination of this will cost £70 or whatever is left on the contract, whichever sum is smallest) so price of a couple of pints short of 200 quid to take up the money saving deal from O2 :(

I'm not 100% clued up on BT's current deals as I left working for them last year, the one posted by markb sounds good! Make sure BT give you the monthly fee and tell you if any calls are included before you agree to anything (The people on the other end of the phone are sales people and will try to get you on the highest package!!) and good luck.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

No, only BT can install a non-cable telephone line :mad:

Some other companies will install a line. I think Bulldog will, and a couple of other providers.

it's going to prove expensive to take the O2 deal... £124.99 to install the line, £70 to terminate your contract (You will need to sign up for a 12/18 month term, and termination of this will cost £70 or whatever is left on the contract, whichever sum is smallest) so price of a couple of pints short of 200 quid to take up the money saving deal from O2 :(

Why would the OP need to pay £70 to terminate anything? The O2 broadband can use an active BT line, so they wouldn't need to terminate it. The only outlay would be the installation cost, which if the earlier details are correct is £29.99 currently - plus ongoing line rental and broadband costs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If O2 set it up as an LLU then they effectively terminate your BT line and the £70.00 charge would come into play.

how LLU's work is they unbundle you from BT hardware in the exchange and plug you into their hardware, so your line would be terminated.. followed swiftly by BT saying "You are still in term, that raises an early termination charge of £70.00 + the extra £115.00 connection fee that we discounted for you signing up to an 18 month contract"

It all depends on how O2 set it up, that's why I said to contact O2 to see if they will install the line for you, if not see what they will provide on a BT line.

As the original post was asking for O2 broadband and Phone line I assume it's an LLU deal on offer.

Edited by locutus
spell checking.... isn't http://www.spellcheck.net/ useful :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thats why I said

If O2 set it up as an LLU then they effectivly terminate your BT line and the £70.00 charge would come into play.

What gibberish. O2 dont fully unbundle lines only the internet part. The BT line rental stays with BT. Only a few companies fully unbundle lines for voice and internet. They will only connect the internet part to there own equipment the voice part stays with BT

Tiscali

Talk Talk

Sky

Might be others but O2 are not one of them

I don't know O2 products well enough to know what they unbundle, if they only unbundle the broadband with line rental still payable to BT then everything is OK, thats why I said to "contact O2 to see if they will install the line for you, if not see what they will provide on a BT line"

going completely unbundled is far too expensive if you have to connect your line thrugh BT in the 1st place.

If you're sure that O2 don't totally unbundle the line then thats fine, get the £29.99 deal and happy days.

Edited by locutus

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If O2 set it up as an LLU then they effectively terminate your BT line and the £70.00 charge would come into play.

how LLU's work is they unbundle you from BT hardware in the exchange and plug you into their hardware, so your line would be terminated.. followed swiftly by BT saying "You are still in term, that raises an early termination charge of £70.00 + the extra £115.00 connection fee that we discounted for you signing up to an 18 month contract"

It all depends on how O2 set it up, that's why I said to contact O2 to see if they will install the line for you, if not see what they will provide on a BT line.

As the original post was asking for O2 broadband and Phone line I assume it's an LLU deal on offer.

Only applicable if they choose to have O2 for calls, line rental etc (which I'm not sure if O2 even offer) - for broadband only then the line remains with BT.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thats fair enough, I'm just going on the original post that asks about "O2 broadband and Phone line" if O2 only offer the broadband then it's not a problem... I just like to be on the safe side rather than hit the worst case scenario which would happen if O2 were to fully unbundle a customer that was in term with BT.

P.S. like your avatar :D

to

C.A.G. Toolbar