Advice to anyone who has dealt with CARS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions Limited.

Had the misfortune of dealing with them recently. Bunch of cowboys. I would say the same of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander.

Took out insurance policy with express insurance. Was paying by installments. Cancelled policy as was switching from Commercial Van to Private Car policy and had found a cheaper quote elsewhere. Asked Express if anything was outstanding and when I could get my No Claims Bonus statement. Reply was- we are unsure but if anything is outstanding then your no claims bonus will not be returned before you settle the account. Fair enough-no probs I thought. ! week later I get my no claims bonus with no mention of anything outstanding.

11 months later I get a red letter from CARS saying that their client- the KS&F group, (who it seems were providing the credit for my monthly installments) and CARS have repeatedly attempted to contact me and after much searching CARS have found me and I need to pay the balance of £29 or face court action. I have not changed address and had not received any phonecalls or letters from either. I had no idea what this was about so rang them and this numptie told me that the outstanding balance was actually £59- with their £30 admin fee.

Spoke to my girlfriend about it. She wrote a letter to CARS and the KS&F group -in my name-demanding proof of any correspondence CARS claimed both companies sent me saying they had abused my due process rights and were being fraudulent and I (really She) was going to have them wound up for acting Ultra Vires their articles of association for demanding money in such a manner. CARS sh***ed themselves and said when- I finally managed to speak to them- nothing to do with us [CARS] anymore-passed back to client. The KS&F group said that the wording of the CARS letter needed to be revised as no correspondence existed. I asked why it had taken them 10 months to contact me. Girl said it was a backlog on their own system. So I said- WTF??? You had a backlog and I get threatening letters with admin fees added on when its not my fault. Told them I was reporting them to OFT and Consumer direct. OFT said they would be investigating the tactics employed by CARS in relation to the due process rights. KS&F wiped the debt and said the account was settled-didn't even bother to contact me about it. I had to spend ages on the phone to find out. I asked for this in writing but have received nothing- month had passed. Too tired to deal with them now so gonna leave it drop.

What annoyed us so much is that I found forums where people had received threats from CARS and just paid them because they were afraid. Stick it out. You are in the right.

I have had recent dealings with Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions Limited. In my opinion they are no worse but no better than all the other DCA's.

Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions Limited are the 3rd DCA attempting to collect a Vanquis Credit Card account that has no CCA.