Tesco insurance cancellation fees

blue4ever
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my son and daugter-in-law have a car together.my daughter in law telephoned tesco to change the first name on policy instead of hers put mys sons first and change account details.

They informed her she had to cancel the policy and start a new one

The policy was cancelled and a new one started yesterday.

Sorry for being a little long winded

The point is same insurance, same car,same 2 people on insurance(just changed round and Account Details)

COST=£245 :shock:

:confused:

Anybody got any ideas or a complaint letter available

Thanks for you help.

Hi blue4ever,

when broker's search for policies, they input all the deatils, for example who will be the main user, etc etc, by changing the policyholder from her to him, am I right in thinking she has put him as the main user? If so, lots of companies offer cheaper premiums where a female is the main user, as officially, women are less likely to have accident's than male's, the policy they had may have been a policy where the main user must be female, so when the info was re-keyed, the original policy won't have been shown.

Hope that makes sense, if not, let me know and I'll try again!

Reclaimant

I'm reclaiming my right! Are you?

Halifax Bank Account- £1600 - **WON**

HSBC Bank Account (Ma n Pa) - £1945 - **WON**

Halifax One Visa - £620 - **WON**

CitiCard (bro) - £1200ish - issuing proceeding's anyday!

hi ron,

I think the new policy has cost an extra £245!

Reclaimant

I'm reclaiming my right! Are you?

Halifax Bank Account- £1600 - **WON**

HSBC Bank Account (Ma n Pa) - £1945 - **WON**

Halifax One Visa - £620 - **WON**

CitiCard (bro) - £1200ish - issuing proceeding's anyday!

hi ron,

I think the new policy has cost an extra £245!

hi £113 to setup new policy andthe rest £132 to cancel

could they not just change names(don`t know much about insurance)

cheers paul

hi £113 to setup new policy andthe rest £132 to cancel

could they not just change names(don`t know much about insurance)

cheers paul

I've got an awful feeling you might have been ripped off. I don't work for Tesco Insurance, but it should be possible for them to have done the change on the existing policy, as opposed to cancelling the policy and setting up a new one. Where I work, it is possible to change names and account details without having to set up a whole new policy.

I think the sales adviser might have cancelled your policy on purpose so that they would get the commission for you having to start up a new policy with them.

If you think that is the case, then it is very bad practice and you should refuse to pay the cancellation fee and write in to complain.

You could still try and get it back though. Quoted from Tesco's website:

Should there ever be an occasion where you need to complain, please call us on 0845 300 44 00. If your complaint relates to a claim, contact your claims handler whose details will be shown in your claims documentation.

You can write to us with complaints related to claims at:

• Customer Relations Department, Tesco MotorCar Insurance, Cote Lane, Pudsey LS28 5GF.
  • All other complaints should be addressed to Customer Relations Department, Tesco MotorCar Insurance, The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ.

If we cannot resolve the differences between us, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)at: South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, telephone 0845 080 1800.

We cant change the name of the policy holder on our systems.

Without getting too technical, its to do with not being able to change the terms on a contract and also making sure the info on the MID is accurate.

The way that this was done is correct.

What should happen is that the old policy should have been cancelled on a pro-rata basis (due to the fact that we're not technically losing the business) and then the new policy set up in your sons name.

Ring our CSD team and see what's going on, they'll be able to check both policies and see what has happened and put right anything that's out of place.

If you need any more info just give me a shout.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome,

Glad you got it all sorted out in the end.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)